Phazon balance

Lolzyking

I can understand changing the components for balance, as making artificial crystals is easy, but why anomaly cores.

Reasons against anomaly cores

-Anomalies are often inaccessible to scientists or people skilled to contain and collect them

-Scientists will destroy them for research, always

-Anomalies don't occur often, most rounds don't have them, most rounds do however have carp, or multiple carp, or spiders.

Reasons for anomaly cores

-?????????

-We don't like phazons?

I suggest changing it to require Natural bluespace crystals, possibly multiple ones.

this would mean the amount of phazons would be limited on the number of bluespace crystals acquired from the asteroid, which the miners are sometimes forced to use to save themselves.

this could then be further balanced by changing the spawn ratio blue space crystals in tg mining.

-Science don't need phazons

-Sec don't need phazons

-Antags with phazons are at a pretty big advantage

The change making phazons very hard to get hold of was intentional. As far as I'm aware, phazons are mainly intended as a non-crew (deathsquad/specialERT) tool to begin with in most cases, though I might be wrong.

No, please.

I can give you shitloads more reasons we don't need easy access Phazons again.

• Phazons effectively give you all access with the phazing.

• Bluespace crystals are easy for competent miners to find.

Phazons are OP.

Phazons are used for nothing but validhunting or endround grief (Actually endround grief is what it was used for 99% of the time.).

Breaking space law because you think a mech makes you immune to the law.

Greytiding.

Grief.

Roboticists bumrushed them and did nothing for the rest of the round.

Also, like Coldflame said, noone needs them.

Weren't Phazons originally Admin-only? I'd actually like reverting to this.

Edited by Guest

...That's a pretty good idea. I wanna see more utility mechs, mostly stuff that can be used on-station without the fear of greytide killing everyone with them, IE cargo MAILMAN mechs, or engineering mechs.

or engineering mechs.

Could be an interesting mid-ground between our current hardsuits and the bay hardsuits. Only real advantages I can see however is if they have some really special gear available to be hooked up to them, like a mech-mounted RCD, pipe dispensers, or a mech-welding tool that doesn't run out of fuel (maybe drains the battery faster while active). They'd of course be space worthy and maybe have better handling in zero-G / vacuum?

Finding some really defining capabilities for the new mechs would be the difficult part.

An engineering mech would be pretty sweet. Can be loaded with metal/glass and constructs things in a relatively instant manner.

Think building full reinforced windows with grilles in the centre, without all the hassle.

We do actually have a mech-mounted RCD, as well as a cable layer, and the Firefighter would probably make a good chassis to mount them on... if anyone ever made one. But more mech tools would be a big help with that, I think.

We do actually have a mech-mounted RCD, as well as a cable layer, and the Firefighter would probably make a good chassis to mount them on... if anyone ever made one. But more mech tools would be a big help with that, I think.

Hmm...there definitely isn't an industrial work-related mech that is geared towards not mining and specifically for fighting fires or other on-station tasks..hmmm.

=p

I don't think I've ever seen a firefighter RIPLEY be built.

Hmm...there definitely isn't an industrial work-related mech that is geared towards not mining and specifically for fighting fires or other on-station tasks..hmmm.

=p

I built one once.

It was a pain in the ass because people stole all the firefighting suits on station.

Let's be honest, the RIPLEY would make a shitty engineering mech, considering the current tools that could be used in that way.

The Good:

Drill: Could be a good and fast way to take down walls, but no metal return, I believe.

Hydraulic Clamp: A nice way to store engineering materials, I'll admit.

Mounted RCD: Speaks for itself, but you ARE in a bulky mech that's not as easy to move around, compared to someone with a normal RCD. It probably costs power to use it instead of cartridges, so that is in it's favor.

Now, for the more useless ones.

Cable Layer: Only benefit, is, (I think) infinite cables. However, you're in a mech. It's bulky and hard to move around in. Bad to precisely lay cables.

Extinguisher: You need to refill it in a water tank. Perhaps it has a better capacity, but you can drag a water tank behind you. Not in a mech, unless you have it in your cargo hold with the clamp, and that's a bother.

And that's it. (From the top of my head and the wiki's, perhaps there's more, I dunno.) The current tools makes an engineering RIPLEY not that viable. Nor any mechs if they are added.

I remember something. Bay has a hoverpod mech which cargo orders. Basically Guardians of the Galaxy pod for those who watched it. That would be the engineering/industrial mech for anyone as it is made for that purpose. Can also be spaced so it could do hull breaches. Why not port that and make it construct-able?

• 2 months later...

=p

Firefighter APLUs are more durable than Ripley APLUs at the cost of one slot for equipment. I call those hardpoints, but thats irrelevant. They cost a bit more than the starting amount of plasteel to make, which is probably why nobody bothers, but I build them when my compatriot doesn't rush a mech out just to appease cargo. I'd rather get yelled at a bit than have to build the same mech four times because they broke the Ripley /again/.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use