Erins' continuous art thread maybe.

ErinCrowe

So I've been talking about spriting a lot recently and even once over OOC on the server so I decided it would be best that I start actually putting stuff for people to see.

Note that all of these are screencapped and not the actual size file, probably incomplete or sort of mediocre but I'm putting them here anyway.

These first two pictures were sort of inspired by seeing a player in a hardsuit walking around named clarke. I never really got into deadspace but I did play a little bit of the first one and thought its content matched ss13 very well

AegFRYx.png

BQh8VZZ.png

I thought of these working like xenomorphs in the way they can crawl through vents and need other players to "reproduce." However the player MUST be deceased and they do not get acid spit abilities or anything. They are robust in a close encounter and their limbs must be removed in order to kill them permanently.

They would be able to pry open doors, smash windows quickly and would gain bonuses for being near blood and darkness in order to incentivize making the stations atmosphere as close to the Ishimura as possible.

This was inspired simply by the addition of wheelchairs to the server. Would probably be like if you lost a leg you could hold a crutch in that sides hand to help you move about, though tripping makes it fall on the floor like any other item. Would be slightly slow but you could have 2 crutches to make walking slightly faster.

aE4pMLR.png

These are a bunch of sprites I uploaded to reddit recently including the first test sprite I did for ss13 (obviously the cyclops since its so bleching simple)

ztlG5UK.png

Don't think I'm going to get this much better. So here it is.

0IqiGJ3.png

TRAITOR TOTS

Traitor%20Tots_zpsskmnbpy7.png?t=1443143838

Nothing says middle class criminal like traitor tots!

Magic%20munch_zpsgfjnwby7.png

Vortigaunts

Vortigaunt%20ss13_zpss2ehl3ql.png?t=1443496376

Wanderingson (放浪息子)

Shuuichi_zpsnxib9ntb.png?t=1443620954

Actual reference picture:

[

tumblr_m561hyDFS31rvoukmo1_500.jpg

This character is a little bit special to me, not in some weird way like I love them or something. I just really identify with them. So I sprited them.

Some random tiles Untitled_zpscfprpxan.png?t=1445297330

Actual size free to use:

ss13%20floor%20tiles_zps7wtflrqx.png?t=1445297243

Did this during a round:

Neri%20Face%20painted_zpsyv01j7xh.png

Untitled_zpsgsferlpg.png

With sleeves preview:

mockup_zpsa4yztabm.png

W/o sleeves preview:

mockupnosleeves_zps57mndvrc.png

Properly sized sprites:

ss13%20Princess%20outfit_zpscvfynjox.png

Some stuff I am doing for the world server (I don't like their forums and want to keep this post going):

A%20bit%20too%20punky_zpsed4efp1u.png

Police-android-gif_zpszxnrtbvt.gif

What I've been working on.

Key_zpsuuyqqswj.png

French%20Lily%20Flag_zpsn8vdeabt.png

Barrel_zpsjvhfolzj.png

10mm_zpsn6kvyeln.png

EDIT: I may take requests. Maybe, depending on what they are.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, these are very nice sprites. I love the Deadspace looking one and damn the Glados looks amazing.

(I want the vaultjumpsuitpls)

I'll seperate the shoes and all that and maybe

change the number if anybody decides they want to add it.

Thanks though, I've done a few others but I need to really polish them off before I'm ready to post them.

I'll also take requests if I personally think I can do them or want to.

Wasn't someone going to do Dead Space Station 13? You seem to got the sprites down for it perfect.

I would totally got for the crutch being a real item in-game.

plz no GLaDOS. We already have an AI that can go crazy at any given time

HOLY SHIT THOSE SPRITES ARE AMAZING.

If anyone ever codes in necromorphs with those sprites SS13 will be the only game I'm playing ever, those are badass.

Since i'm unsure of what the posting rules here are i'm just going to reply to both of you in one message.

Reply for Tauka:

The GLaDOS was a labour of love mainly, if anyone really wanted to add it I would assume it would be an alternative look to the already existant AI. Maybe with a few more features or something.

I just think that a flat screen as the AI is kind of boring.

I also don't know of a deadspace-station since i'm still really new to the game though I can definitely see the crutch being added realistically. I also have a granny walker by the way! But I just don't like how it looks yet.

Reply for NTSAM:

Oh please, you flatter me too much.

I have to add leg removal as well but so far I really like how it looks. Though the legs look a bit odd.

I don't think there are any rules about replying multiple times and doubt there are.

Alright thanks.

I've had issues with rules like that on forums in the past.

Also. I saw your sprites as well.

I was considering waiting a few weeks on posting this thread until I had a lot of sprites like you had in your thread.

But meh.

Added this picture:

0IqiGJ3.png

Everyone on imgur really hates me posting these sprites it seems hah.

If anybody knows a way for me to publish them privately while them still being visible in the thread without needing to click a link please tell me.

Other then that I don't care too much about it.

Added this picture:

0IqiGJ3.png

Everyone on imgur really hates me posting these sprites it seems hah.

If anybody knows a way for me to publish them privately while them still being visible in the thread without needing to click a link please tell me.

Other then that I don't care too much about it.

I can just imagine 70 year old characters, pushing through the HoP queue with one of those.

Man....those deadspace ones...are great.

And are scary as hell o.O

Yeah shortly after posting those they sparked a discussion in mini-chat about how awesome it would be to have a necromorph gamemode.

Too bad the coders for the server are so limited. Otherwise these and the crutches in my opinion would make the best additions out of everything I have posted so far.

Would love to see how necromorphs vs humans vs xenomorphs would go too!

I wouldn't mind cargo being able to order a crate of them for the chef or something either. My idea for how they would work is the packet contains like 40-60 "units" of traitor tots. You would pour any amount into a bowl and the more you pour the more bites it has or something and thus the higher amount of hunger and minor healing fixed.

I wouldn't mind cargo being able to order a crate of them for the chef or something either. My idea for how they would work is the packet contains like 40-60 "units" of traitor tots. You would pour any amount into a bowl and the more you pour the more bites it has or something and thus the higher amount of hunger and minor healing fixed.

That actually sounds better, sounds like it'd work a bit like cup chicken soup.

That actually sounds better, sounds like it'd work a bit like cup chicken soup.

Now all I need to do is make changling stew and wizard cereal or something... I could make a whole themed pack!

Any suggestions for names?

Organic Oats, or maybe Cereal Legion for Chang Ling?

Magic Munchies for false magic man, perhaps?

Added the magic munchies. Not really fond of this sprite though. I wanted to make a cereal out of it but I think it doesn't really hold up to the traitor tots.

Magic%20munch_zpsgfjnwby7.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use