More ways to make cigarettes go boom!

Edd

This suggestion is very simple!

Currently if a cigarette is injected with Plasma, following things happen:

5 units - the cigarette sparks upon being lit

10 units - the cigarette explodes harmlessly and dissolves, leaving a very scarce amount of bruises

15 units - the cigarette explodes and most of the time causes a body part to be dismembered (or ripped open)

It's little fun for clowns if they do not use 15 units of plasma, but how about traitors? Dismembering a right hand is barely comparable to how they tried to kill Fidel Castro with explosive cigars.

Here is the suggestion itself:

Code it so that black powder, nitroglycerin, napalm and other 'fun' chemical compounds react like that within cigarettes, when being lit.

Vague idea on how it'd work when a cigarette is list with the compounds in 'em

Black Powder:

5 units - makes a bang, just like plasma does with 10 units of itself within a cigarette

10 units - creates an explosion equal to what 15 units of plasma would do within a cigarette

15 units - creates a powerful explosion that most likely will send the person down to crit. or kill them + cause damage within a radius of 1 tile from the player

Napalm:

5 units - causes the cigarette to fall out of the player's mouth, dissolve and deal minor burn damage to mouth/head OR lights like regular cigarette, but burns out within seconds

10 units - causes the cigarette to fall out of the player's mouth, dissolve and deal minor to medium burn damage to player's mouth/head

15 units - causes the cigarette to fall out of the player's mouth, dissolve and set the player on fire w/ napalm

Nitroglycerin (don't know much about this one - not sure how powerful it is in grenades/bombs):

5 units - causes the cigarette to explode with effects between of what 10-15 units of plasma would do in a cigarette

10 units - causes the cigarette to explode violently and send the player to crit. (possibly kill) + minor tile damage

15 units - causes a violent explosion which damages the tiles around the player and gibs them for most parts (most likely results in death upon explosion)

Nitroglycerin is the only one I do not know too much about. Napalm and Black Powder, they way I described their effects within a cigarette, were the ones that made most sense to myself.

Edit, quoting a post I made on this thread

New idea!

How about Flash Powder in cigarettes?

Could that be used to make the person blind? I'd like that

It could be something like:

5 units in a cig - the person is momentarily flashed (kinda like using a Flash, but without the possible brain damage)

10 units in a cig - the person is flashed for a longer period than 5u would do, but doubled with temporary deafness (it is flash powder, exploding in your hand/mouth)

15 units in a cig - the person receives eye damage (possibly blinding), becomes deaf for a period of time and possibly receives brain damage from the flash itself

Edited by Guest

You can inject chems into drugs?

Welding fuel wouldn't do anything right now, would it? Maybe that can be a weaker version of the Napalm suggestion? (Kinda like what plasma would be compared with black powder's what I mean.)

Personally, I would say to get rid of all the snowflake cigarette code for individual reagents, and just make the temperature of the reagents in the cigarette rise.

Are cigarettes even incorporated with the temperature system?

Personally, I would say to get rid of all the snowflake cigarette code for individual reagents, and just make the temperature of the reagents in the cigarette rise.

Wouldn't the cigarette need to be a reagent container then for that to work? I don't know much if anything about the code but that's the first thing that comes to my mind

Yep! Literally every atom has a reagents datum. The reagent temperature is stored by that datum.

An explosive cigarette? Why?

What kind of question is even that? What are you? AN ELF!?

Weldercigs are one of the funniest ways to mess with Heavy-RPers who barely know about game mechanics.

explosive-quotes-4.jpg

An explosive cigarette? Why?

What kind of question is even that? What are you? AN ELF!?

Weldercigs are one of the funniest ways to mess with Heavy-RPers who barely know about game mechanics.

explosive-quotes-4.jpg

I'm fucking sold.

Not just normally sold, I'm fucking sold.

It would make for an fairly entertaining way to kill someone, but there's always going to be the people who have all their characters quit smoking if an update like this is released.

I'm fucking sold.

Not just normally sold, I'm fucking sold.

It would make for an fairly entertaining way to kill someone, but there's always going to be the people who have all their characters quit smoking if an update like this is released.

Quite technically you can still do this, depending on their health. 15u welder fuel can ruin a crit guy with nothing better to do than smoke.

You can also just use this harmlessly. I love making snap-cigs, they don't damage you and just make you chuckle when you find out it was a prank.

Quite technically you can still do this, depending on their health. 15u welder fuel can ruin a crit guy with nothing better to do than smoke.

On some codebases, 15u welderfuel in a cig will make it explode harmlessly, but the noise will be like of a real bomb, and will be heard across the station.

>Engi walks into bar

>cig in his lips

>casually lits it with a welding tool, engi style.

> BOOM

> ; BOMB NEAR KITCHEN

> ; WHERE IS THE BREACH

> ; OMG CALL THE SHUTTLE

New idea!

How about Flash Powder in cigarettes?

Could that be used to make the person blind? I'd like that

It could be something like:

5 units in a cig - the person is momentarily flashed (kinda like using a Flash, but without the possible brain damage)

10 units in a cig - the person is flashed for a longer period than 5u would do, but doubled with temporary deafness (it is flash powder, exploding in your hand/mouth)

15 units in a cig - the person receives eye damage (possibly blinding), becomes deaf for a period of time and possibly receives brain damage from the flash itself

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use