Trial By fire

Taedra

Hello all, I'm still pretty new around the Cyberaid and ss13 in general but I had a pretty good story to share today.

So this is my trial by fire as the first time as a head, the chief medical officer to be exact.

I join into the round about 10-20 minutes in seeing the med bay is a skeleton crew of a handful of geneticists and a virologist named Majordomo. I take a few minutes staring at the crew screen and decide that I was going to go for CMO, since it seemed like it would be a quiet shift with such a small crew going on. I arrive, grab my favorite costume, and head to explore the bridge and make my first ever announcement.

Not long after a GIANT SEAL appears in front of the bridge and eats the HOP and the HOS. I honestly have no clue the kinda shit that was going down with that but needless to say I just let the CE and the remaining security take care of it. Eventually the seal spits out the HOS at least and the seal gets lynched on at some point while I was hiding away in med bay.

Eventually I get a pretty good crew into med bay and just in time as it seems, because the next hour and a half is the bloodies I've ever seen medbay to date.

Notable members were My surgeions Chayaha, and an IPC named Angel??? im really sorry I spent ten minutes with you in surgery and I didnt get your name to memory. Also the chemist who I didnt see much but somehow managed to keep up with the extreme need of chems, and Zoey, a medical doctor who you will hear about soon.

so first problems start to happen as a few wounded vox come in and some minor injuries among the other crew from the seal lynching. All was going pretty well then suddenly.

"Oh god virology is on fire!"

as it turns out majordomo managed to give himself plasma farts and the virology lab was now completely covered in a plasma fire. i rush down and peer through the patient room window at him and he informs me that his internals are running low. I condemn him to a painful death in words but I toss in my spare tank and run to get a full one for him.

during this time things start to get really pear shaped.

One of the crew in medbay for some reason assaults one of the vox traders and steals his nitrogen tank. The vox returns in kind by shooting his spike thrower in my med bay and hitting Zoey who is in close proximity at least three times. At this point Zoey should be dead, severe internal bleeding, both my best surgeons already handling critical cases, and medbay is in chaos.

Security to the rescue however and Chaya manages to freeze the vox trader until atmo brings him a new tank (which they do, great job atmo.)

Zoey gets a trip to the cryo pod to keep her stable, but without blood injections she will bleed out soon. But as luck has it, a theatre opens up and Angel comes and drags her down. I scramble to get some blood packs for her and we get her hooked up and on the table.

What follows is a five - ten minute surgery where I drain the battery on almost two defib units, nearly pass out from lack of blood from injecting my own directly into Zoey, and four blood packs later we finally manage to sew her back together and extract all the spike bolts. In a cryo she goes for the exterior injuries remaining and she pulls through. AMAZING

Following that I immediately head to med storage after I get a full tank of o2 and grab a med suit for majordomo, who at this point finally cured himself. I toss in the suit and can as the fire takes up the last airlock until medbay and the CE starts panic siphoning the shit out of virology. The fires finally drain and a med borg drags Majo out of his hell hes been in for the past hour and a half.

things are finally starting to slow down around med bay and I check up on Zoey to make sure shes feeling alright when the ai gives the call.

"Vox have just raided the vault"

I bolt out of med bay and head to the bridge to join any of the remaining heads to form a plan of action. on my way I see the HoS engaging two of the Vox in a firefight and the hos manages to knock one over when they take a shot themselves and fall.

I suddenly become the most robust i've ever been to date, i whip out my baton and somehow manage to keep the two vox trip until the hos regains footing and the crew starts lynching. After the vox were dropped to near crit I realize that they are defenseless at this point and head back to my office to make sure the crew isnt lynching any other vox. I put out an announcement to return to stations and civilians to the bar area and to stop lynching the vox. Miraculously one of the vox actually makes it into med bay alive in crit and gets handed over to resident two hour straight surgeon Chaya for fixing. i head to the bridge as the vox captain reveals themselves for negotiations to the captain and we all sit in the conference room.

The vox claimed they were peaceful and simply wished for the bodies of his fallen comrades and to return home, peace is struck and they are finally released as the crew transfer shuttle is called.

I return to my office to announce how honored I was to have such a fantastic medical team supporting me as my first time cmo (Seriously, every last single one of you went above and beyond.) and about three minutes from shuttle landing we get an alert as a blob attaches itself to the station. Nobody cares, we all pack up and fuck off.

Also atmosia rebelled and created their own sovereign nation which lasted about five minutes before centcom blew the shit out of atmos. We all go home, I recommend all my staff for medals, and I didn't die of the many infections I sustained thanks to chaya.

all in all a super eventful round and a great experience. Thank you to all of my medical staff for that amazing round and to the ss13 community for allowing these amazing rounds to occur.

Edited by Guest

Let me get this straight.

A GIANT SEAL ate the HoP and HoS?

WOT.

Yes, that's not an uncommon thing.

Clearly I'm logging in at the wrong time.

I remember this round, I was Valthorne the security guard, over sec chat it was a mix of IAA trying to make peace with the Vox by giving them weapons from the armory and HoS yelling at IAA and saying lynch all non-crew Vox. I was the first officer at the vault after the raid and all that was left was the nuke and one locked freezer.

Chaya is MLG surgeon. I got brought in from space after having been spamming 'sleep' to avoid being murdered by a megacarp (which it did in the end anyway and put me into oxycrit) with a borg and healed my ass to max

Gave that bird the gavel and some other shiny stuff, gr8 m8 8/8

I found one of the raider's ID cards in space and I'd lost mine early in the round so I ended up using it 'till the end hahaha

I think I confused one of the actual raiders when they saw me with one of their crew names wandering outside the bridge

If this is the round I think it is. That giant seal was actually a space pod that they climbed into and drove around. It could go through windows. I made the sprite for it. Here it is. 7JBjye8.png

If this is the round I think it is. That giant seal was actually a space pod that they climbed into and drove around. It could go through windows. I made the sprite for it. Here it is. 7JBjye8.png

You and seals go together really well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use