Port progress bars

Midaychi

I guess if we want it to be toggleable we'd have to tack that feature on ourselves. Oh well. Seems nifty, but most deconstruction/construction/action/mining/whatever things are so short it almost seems like there isn't much of a point to this

• 1 month later...

I see this feature and I don't really care for it. Real life doesn't have progress bars and I enjoy waiting for that visual update to my action. I'm not going to argue realism for this though. I'm just going to say I don't like it. Please make it optional in Preferences.

I see this feature and I don't really care for it. Real life doesn't have progress bars and I enjoy waiting for that visual update to my action. I'm not going to argue realism for this though. I'm just going to say I don't like it. Please make it optional in Preferences.

Id be fine with this being optional or something like ghost medihud that can be set on or off by default in the game preferences of character set up.

But as a counter argument that real life doesn't have progress bars... a person digging a hole, building a support frame or girders, making an incision for surgery or just mopping up a puddle would have SOME visual indication on the progress of their current task. 2d spessmens doesn't have animations or custom sprites to reflect this, and progress bars as a universal indicator is a hell of a lot easier to impliment than making 101 custom animations and sprites for the various time delayed actions we have. If you don't like the idea, fine, but shooting down a game mechanic for 'muh immurshions' is a pretty poor excuse to not want it without giving an alternative idea that would be equally easy to impliment and for new players to understand.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use