remove labour camp from space law and code

Streaky Haddock

Remove the Labour Camp  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone even use the Camp? I was going to send a prisoner to the camp once and he suicides before I could pull him to the shuttle after I told him what was going to happen to him. Aside from that I've never seen it used, it's typically brig cell, execution or permabrig. Why the permabrig was separate from the camp to begin with was beyond me.

After banning a guy once, I took over his body, apologised to the HoS and got sent to the labour camp. I did double the amount of work I had to.

When I called him back, he was completely shocked that someone actually finished their sentence. He'd never seen it before. I didn't even try to murder him with the safety pick axe.

How about replacing labor camp with a new permabrig and removing the permabrig currently in sec? I'd still like to see a shuttle at sec to escape singularity/narsie/xenos/whatever, as all the other major departments have a way out of the z-level.

How about replacing labor camp with a new permabrig and removing the permabrig currently in sec? I'd still like to see a shuttle at sec to escape singularity/narsie/xenos/whatever, as all the other major departments have a way out of the z-level.

Medical has a shuttle to get off the station? I know of the mining shuttle, science shuttle and engineering shuttle, everyone else is trapped that I know of unless you could the teleporter.

That'd be the point :P

I think it should be used more often, tbh. Maybe a Greytide or two might start logging on as a Miner and do some actual work, or something?

But then, my expectations are always so unrealistic...

we can talk about replacing it later

for now sending someone there is literally worse than perma

It is where you send those really dick prisoners who just can't stop fucking with things OR it is a prisoner you REALLY REAAAALY hate.

I've sent two people there in my entire time on station.

1. was a psychopath who had a rocketlauncher.

2. was a clown with no arms or legs who managed to implode the bridge and kill 3/4ths command.

Both were quite satisfying.

anyways I would like to see the damn thing removed. It is a awful hell hole of a place and could be used for something even cooler like a offsite perma instead of the precarious carp infested tower the normal perma is. Like nothing says fuck your round for being a shitty player or a shitty antag like being locked in a box a million miles away from the station with nothing to do other than look at a tshirt with a corgi on it.

Been throwing around idea of making perma not crap for a while, wouldn't mind keeping a small sec shuttle for transport to the mining base. (On the off chance that they bother, there should be some way for sec to get there)

Best way to go about that I can see is giving the perma brig far more things to do, and adding a section of rock that the prisoners can be let into to mine.

My two cents here.

Labour camp sentences happen about once every 1000th sentence or so. Maybe less. Because it's far, FAR more practical to dump someone in a cell/solitary/permabrig. It's a sorta-ish-maybe RP thing that, in practical terms, fails to live up to what happens every day on the station.

My suggestion would be some sort of assembly line, where prisoners make crates that can then be sent to Cargo for points!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use