A little love for the Blueshield

Psyentific

My suggestion:

- change revolver to stun revolver (revolver is broken like hell, if you hold up, then fire. it fires ALL rounds at once, and it gives the stun revolver finally some love)

- add the shotgun again, the beanbags have the instant stun and damage like revolver. but you can actually hold up somebody cause it doesn't fire all shells at once (it was a normal shotgun, not the combat one. That had 4 shots)

- Chest webbing to shoulder holster

- Remove the taser

- this is something i personally would like to see; change the stun baton to the normal stick baton, most forgotten weapon ever (but lower its damage on harm intent)

- remove the flashbang (he really doesn't need to be crowd control, that is security's task)

- give him a appropriate catridge for his pda. The suit sensor one was a pretty cool idea

This will give the blueshield, who is supposed to be a very experienced combatetive, the flexibility to go from non-lethal to lethal in case of severe danger. (people who are actually armed with lasers or other stuff) And by that i mean you can get real shotgun shells ordered by cargo under supervise of the captain or the hos. Don't run out of battery of your stunstick (which takes ages to recharge) And still have two vailable stunning ranged weapons and two close quaters stunning weapons, like now. Just better and unique from security.

Also this setup will make you look like a baws. Cause Blueshields like style. without getting overpowered in my opinion. (police baton abuse perhaps, but that is griefing and easily reconised and job banned.)

Would it be possible to make a new cool weapon like a stun kukri?

It would also be nice to have a blue NT style security backpack. I'm really not in favor of the shotgun though. Having to carry it in the backpack slot, seems really impractical to me.

My suggestion:

- change revolver to stun revolver (revolver is broken like hell, if you hold up, then fire. it fires ALL rounds at once, and it gives the stun revolver finally some love)

- add the shotgun again, the beanbags have the instant stun and damage like revolver. but you can actually hold up somebody cause it doesn't fire all shells at once (it was a normal shotgun, not the combat one. That had 4 shots)

- Chest webbing to shoulder holster

- Remove the taser

- this is something i personally would like to see; change the stun baton to the normal stick baton, most forgotten weapon ever (but lower its damage on harm intent)

- remove the flashbang (he really doesn't need to be crowd control, that is security's task)

- give him a appropriate catridge for his pda. The suit sensor one was a pretty cool idea

This will give the blueshield, who is supposed to be a very experienced combatetive, the flexibility to go from non-lethal to lethal in case of severe danger. (people who are actually armed with lasers or other stuff) And by that i mean you can get real shotgun shells ordered by cargo under supervise of the captain or the hos. Don't run out of battery of your stunstick (which takes ages to recharge) And still have two vailable stunning ranged weapons and two close quaters stunning weapons, like now. Just better and unique from security.

Also this setup will make you look like a baws. Cause Blueshields like style. without getting overpowered in my opinion. (police baton abuse perhaps, but that is griefing and easily reconised and job banned.)

I came to post my thoughts on blueshield, after spending many days observing the server and learning what a blueshield does and what tools he gets. And, I was gonna suggest those exact things.

- With all the arguments about his personal weapon, the stun revolver does seem like a good compromise... and he can pester RD to make more stun shells, allowing him to not have to search for a charger while in the middle of protecting the heads.

- I don't know about the shotgun, but if the Blueshield IS a combat vet who's job is to be a bodyguard... it wouldn't be too far fetched to give him one. After all, his main task is protection, NOT arresting; so he's not liable to any major restrictions like security is... and the regular shotgun seems to be a good compromise. While the combat shotgun would also fit, giving a combat shotgun... I don't know... I can just see people gunning to kill the blueshield for it at the beginning of the round; then again, he's suppose to be robust enough to prevent that from happening.

- Ether or. I don't right know what the webbing does, past looking good... but the holster would be nice for the stun revolver.

- Yeah.

- Agreed again. Again, he ain't security... that baton would be nice to have. Even a telescopic baton is just fine, but the normal one would be neater. Have it called "Worn Stick Baton" with the examination "This seems to have many years of use, yet holds together quite nicely." Gives the Blueshield even an RP setup, where the baton is a carry over from the old days, before security was given Stun stuff... and people ate meat with their hands.

- Yeah.

- No idea about that, but if it doesn't have one... give one.

- Give it a premium or havarian cigar and matchbook in it's office, if they don't already have one.

- ... eyepatch? (:P)

The way I picture the Blueshield is Colonel Saul Tigh AKA. Michael Hogen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0389581/?ref_=tt_cl_t8) from Battlestar Galactica. Granted in the show, he's the first officer... which is basically the HoP; but the HoP in SS13 seems more like a HR/Replacement Captain... usually trying to save his own behind, while being the almost-captain; while the Blueshield is the guy you trust with your life... a grizzled vet, who's seen alot of stuff... and is on contract with NT to have it's years of experience utilized to protect the heads of staff.

Colonel Saul Tigh is basically the Blueshield you want. He's brash, spiteful, and gruff... but he's loyal, tough, and efficient. Exactly what you want from a person who you want to protect you. He ain't your friend, unless you get to know him; he's paid to keep you alive. And that's what he'll do.

• 10 years later...
On 1/27/2014 at 9:28 PM, Psyentific said:

E/N: Cross-posted from the thread this was originally posted in. Scrat quoted the original version, which I have since edited and made into this thread.

I've also recently begun to play Blueshield alot, having recently bought it. I have to agree with the jumpsuit designs, having three jumpsuits that are exactly the same does not add much variety. A fancy suit would be great. Personally I wouldn't see a use for a shoulder holster, as I often keep the .32 on the Armor, and spare ammo (more on that in a sec) in my webbing vest, as well as precious items I'm given to protect (such as the disc).

I agree that either giving us an Egun or some spare ammo for the .32. Every round I have to either beg cargo for some speedloaders or borderline bust in there and make some myself. Just 6 shots isnt enough to do jack crap. However, I think that giving blueshield a Mateba would be a little too OP, as two shots from one can crit just about anybody. I personally agree, in terms of weaponry, Blueshield needs either an Egun or a couple reloads for the revolver, but not both.

Edit: Also, on heads of staff priority. Personally, I believe I would go, from most to least important-

- Captain

- Head of Personell

- Head of Security

- Chief Engineer

- Chief Medical Officer

- Research Director

- Nanotransen Rep

I can see this as a tricky argument. While the HoP, Cap, and HoS have some degree of ability to defend themselves, they are often the main targets. Yet, while the RD, NT Rep, CE, and CMO are not as high targets, they cannot as easily defend themselves and are vulnerable to attacks if left alone. Its like a catch 22.

Quartermaster:I remain forgotten
Edit:damn that post was 10 years ago i didnt even notice

Edited by Aleeway
i made a realisation when i saw the timeline
  • bap 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use