A little love for the Blueshield

Psyentific

Been playing Blueshield recently, and a few things I'd like come to mind.

First, headwear. There's a black Centcomm Officer Beret that I think would go really well with the look, but also a Corporate Security Cap (Renamed?), or a Dermal Armor Patch.

Second, Jumpsuits. Currently, the options are NT Navy Uniform (Spawns with) and 2x Centcomm Officer Jumpsuit, all three of which look the same. I'd appreciate some non-identical options here, maybe Executive Suits? There's one with a tie for men, and one with a collar for women - Same ones that spawn in the Locker Room. I'm not sure if there's fancy black jumpsuits in-code that are admin-only or otherwise unavailable, but if so, consider those too. Tacticool/Tactical/Combat Turtlenecks would also be an excellently stylish option, provided it has suit sensors.

Thirdly, Jumpsuit Accessory. I'd like to see something alongside the black webbing vest, for green alert/demilitarized. A shoulder holster would work wonders here. I'm mostly saying this so I'm not sporting body armor and a tactical vest at all times.

Fourthly, an E-Gun would be a wonderful thing to have, instead of the starting Taser. We all agree Tasers are only viable because nobody else has ranged weapons - They're better than nothing, but every alternative beats them. Alternately acceptable, issue the Blueshield a Stun Revolver instead of the taser.

Finally, the Blueshield is issued a .38 Revolver, but no spare ammunition. Please fix.

E/N: Cross-posted from the thread this was originally posted in. Scrat quoted the original version, which I have since edited and made into this thread.

Been playing Blueshield recently, and a few things I'd like come to mind.

First, headwear. There's a black Centcomm Officer Beret that I think would go really well with the look, but also a Corporate Security Cap (Renamed?), or a Dermal Armor Patch.

Second, Jumpsuits. Currently, the options are NT Navy Uniform (Spawns with) and 2x Centcomm Officer Jumpsuit, all three of which look the same. I'd appreciate some non-identical options here, maybe Executive Suits? There's one with a tie for men, and one with a collar for women - Same ones that spawn in the Locker Room. I'm not sure if there's fancy black jumpsuits in-code that are admin-only or otherwise unavailable, but if so, consider those too.

E: Tacticool/Tactical/Combat Turtlenecks would also be an excellently stylish option, provided it has suit sensors.

Thirdly, Jumpsuit Accessory. I'd like to see something alongside the black webbing vest, for green alert/demilitarized. A shoulder holster would work wonders here.

Fourthly, an E-Gun would be a wonderful thing to have, instead of the starting Taser.

Finally, the Blueshield is issued a Revolver, but no spare ammunition. Please fix.

Fake Edit: What if you issue the Blueshield a Mateba and a box of .357, instead of the Detective's revolver?

E: Also, at full staff, a Blueshield has to deal with five heads, one captain, and himself, for a total of seven people. Eight if you include the NT rep. More Death Alarm implants would make my job easier. Actually, scratch that. I think it's more Fun if I have to divide heads into essential, non-essential, and expendable.

I've also recently begun to play Blueshield alot, having recently bought it. I have to agree with the jumpsuit designs, having three jumpsuits that are exactly the same does not add much variety. A fancy suit would be great. Personally I wouldn't see a use for a shoulder holster, as I often keep the .32 on the Armor, and spare ammo (more on that in a sec) in my webbing vest, as well as precious items I'm given to protect (such as the disc).

I agree that either giving us an Egun or some spare ammo for the .32. Every round I have to either beg cargo for some speedloaders or borderline bust in there and make some myself. Just 6 shots isnt enough to do jack crap. However, I think that giving blueshield a Mateba would be a little too OP, as two shots from one can crit just about anybody. I personally agree, in terms of weaponry, Blueshield needs either an Egun or a couple reloads for the revolver, but not both.

Edit: Also, on heads of staff priority. Personally, I believe I would go, from most to least important-

- Captain

- Head of Personell

- Head of Security

- Chief Engineer

- Chief Medical Officer

- Research Director

- Nanotransen Rep

I can see this as a tricky argument. While the HoP, Cap, and HoS have some degree of ability to defend themselves, they are often the main targets. Yet, while the RD, NT Rep, CE, and CMO are not as high targets, they cannot as easily defend themselves and are vulnerable to attacks if left alone. Its like a catch 22.

To reiterate some of these points, and make my own suggestions:

-Blueshield needs special uniforms, jumpsuits in black and blue, a cooler beret, etc, etc.

-Give this fucker a full-access headset, sometimes Command or Security aren't safe conversation avenues, he needs a way to communicate departmentally with the head he is assigned to.

-More Death Alarm Implants.

-Give this badass some tracking implants, for, you know, protection reasons.

-Blueshield could conceivably benefit from having a combat knife in addition to his revolver.

-Give them black/blue web vest and access to either a stun baton or a flash at spawn.

-The blueshield is a tough job, heads are frequently targeted by antags, and the blueshield is their best line of defense. Perhaps a very small armory locker in their office, ID locked with some simple security items as well as the weapons/equipment already spawned in the office.

-Give them all-access. Dude can't save the captain getting mugged in his office if he doesn't have access to it.

To reiterate some of these points, and make my own suggestions:

-Blueshield needs special uniforms, jumpsuits in black and blue, a cooler beret, etc, etc.

-Give this fucker a full-access headset, sometimes Command or Security aren't safe conversation avenues, he needs a way to communicate departmentally with the head he is assigned to.

-More Death Alarm Implants.

-Give this badass some tracking implants, for, you know, protection reasons.

-Blueshield could conceivably benefit from having a combat knife in addition to his revolver.

-Give them black/blue web vest and access to either a stun baton or a flash at spawn.

-The blueshield is a tough job, heads are frequently targeted by antags, and the blueshield is their best line of defense. Perhaps a very small armory locker in their office, ID locked with some simple security items as well as the weapons/equipment already spawned in the office.

-Give them all-access. Dude can't save the captain getting mugged in his office if he doesn't have access to it.

I already have a stun baton and a flash at spawn. Access to Science, R&D Lab, all Head offices and Armory would be something good. Tracking implants, as well as a Blueshield PDA Cartridge with Suit Sensors and tracking implant monitors would be great to have.

As a Blueshield, I make it a habit to order a Shotgun from Cargo when we call Red Alert, and transfer my carrying kit to my briefcase in favor of the shotgun on my back. I'd really get a lot of use out of a small armory locker, keyed to Red Alert and Blueshield ID, containing a Combat Shotgun and an E-Gun. Acceptable alternatives would be an SMG with two mags or a Mateba. I'd also get some use out of a recharger in my office.

If you could make a combined Death Alarm and Tracking implant, that would be good to have.

Fuck, just spawning with a shotgun would be awesome and practical.

Funny thing, that, I actually stole the idea of Regen, who cheats and spawns himself some sort of WAP-R Sniper Rifle, I forget what it's called. Basically, it's a cooler, bigger pulse rifle. So I figured "Hey, the Briefcase can carry the same size and amount as a satchel, and the primary downside of bulky weapons is no backpack, right? What if I..."

Fuck, just spawning with a shotgun would be awesome and practical.

Funny thing, that, I actually stole the idea of Regen, who cheats and spawns himself some sort of WAP-R Sniper Rifle, I forget what it's called. Basically, it's a cooler, bigger pulse rifle. So I figured "Hey, the Briefcase can carry the same size and amount as a satchel, and the primary downside of bulky weapons is no backpack, right? What if I..."

Its err... It was an experimental sniper rifle that has 4 shots and loong cooldown, but one hit knocks you down and hurts like hell.

He USED to have a shotgun, no idea why we changed it to a weak ass revolver.

All the other suggestions is just to powergame blueshield, they get basic security gear, but they are not really security either.

If they need weapons they will get it from the warden in code red.

If they need to save the captain they will ask the AI to open the door.

Wasn't the reason we changed it to a revolver was to give him something unique, and also so you can detain the person fighting, like a detective can when pressed to do it, rather then the lethal rounds the Combat Shotgun uses? Hell, if they Blueshield is so worried he needs lethal rounds, he can just go get them from Cargo.

Tracking/Death Implants and All Access seem less like powergaming and more like necessities. What if the AI is rogue? What if there is no AI? What if the AI has determined that the Blueshield doesn't get access to the Captain's office for whatever reason? All other jobs have access to the areas necessary to perform their duties, why should the blueshield be any different?

Wasn't the reason we changed it to a revolver was to give him something unique, and also so you can detain the person fighting, like a detective can when pressed to do it, rather then the lethal rounds the Combat Shotgun uses? Hell, if they Blueshield is so worried he needs lethal rounds, he can just go get them from Cargo.

In terms of weaponry, the blueshield is issued (Least lethal to most lethal):

1x Flash

1x Stun Baton

1x Taser

1x .38 Revolver

None of these are particularly lethal, but all four of these is often more than I need. Given that I have the baton, the flash is rarely used. Given that I have the Taser, the .38 Revolver is often relegated to a "Lethals Only" solution - When subduing foes, I find myself tasing far more often than I find myself shooting. The .38 revolver is meaner than the taser, but compared to every other lethal ranged weapon it's terrible.

When compared to the taser, it's got a far shorter stun (4s compared to >20s), but doesn't need more than one hit. It also guarantees the person being shot will need surgery, due to the incredible power of shrapnel stuck in wounds - 10% chance of 10 brute and a pain spike every time you move, stacks for each shrapnel embedded. That last one is the primary reason I don't use the revolver anywhere near as much as I'd like to - Not only will you be dealing with me or Sec for however much time, but bullets and surgery guarantees that, if I shoot you even once, you're going to be out of action for at least 20m.

I admit the .38 revolver is a very stylish, personal weapon, but when the shit hits the fan I prefer something with a lot more "oomph"

The Combat Shotgun I frequently procure from Cargo serves that purpose very well, in addition to being highly visible on my sprite. It's large, intimidating, personal, and very lethal. Almost nobody picks a fight with you or the person you're guarding when they see a giant shotgun slung over your back. I've taken on two fully equipped Nuke Ops with nothing but basic armor and a combat shotgun and come out on top. The thing is, it's incredible overkill for most situations on-station, which is why I suggested the mini armory locker.

In terms of access, for most circumstances, I'm fine. However, I find myself needing access to the offices of the Heads I'm guarding more often than not. In addition, I completely lack any engineering access. I don't need all access, but I could certainly make good use of more.

And please, can I have some clothes that aren't "Centcomm Officer Jumpsuit"? Some headwear?

Take away the revolver and taser, and give them a PUMP shotgun and stun shells, the shells require some basic research normally, thus making refills a bit harder (if they want to fill it with stun shells at all) and it retains like the same properties as a combat shotgun (and the shells have like 20s stun too). I think this way everyone could be happy, since stun shells do almost zero brute, but stun a lot.

Take away the revolver and taser, and give them a PUMP shotgun and stun shells, the shells require some basic research normally, thus making refills a bit harder (if they want to fill it with stun shells at all) and it retains like the same properties as a combat shotgun (and the shells have like 20s stun too). I think this way everyone could be happy, since stun shells do almost zero brute, but stun a lot.

The combat shotgun actually is a pump shotgun, eight shells, loaded default with buckshot.

My main complaint is that my "Full Lethal" option is my Revolver, which, while a very nice weapon (I wish reskins and names were available for all non-basic weapons), can't really decide whether it wants to be stunny or killy, the net result being that when I want stunny I reach for a taser, and by the time I need killy I've progressed up to something else.

I think we're focusing too much on weaponry, though. Ultimately, all options discussed (outside a Mateba ;~;) are available with a little work, and can add to your personal style.

I'd still like to see more uniforms and jumpsuits available, as well as more hats and headwear. Executive suits There's a very nice black Centcomm Officer Beret that would compliment the look, but also a reflavoured Corporate Security Cap. A blue beret would also be nice to have, but that might just be me wanting to be Space VDV.

What about combined Tracking/Death implants, and a special Blueshield PDA cartridge with Suit Sensors, Tracking Implant computer, Health Scanner, and maybe a Pinpointer? Intent being to help you keep track of the heads and keep them alive.

Also the topic name is A little love for the Blueshield, your suggestions make it to be OP, and you could simply overthrow the heads with it, you wanted the combat shotgun, basically I said almost the same, I am no admin or a developer or anyone really who can make a change, but the only thing I can say is, if you don't want things to happen (in a good way in my opinion), then stop complaining and declare the thread locked, because the discussion is useless if you can't accept compromises. If you DO want the discussion to continue, and maybe get improvements (not that it's really needed) try to agree with people. Yes, an 8 shot taser, but it instantly brings people down, and the taser doesn't, besides that, it's easier to escape even if you get downed by a taser. Also if you want to go lethal on things, ask for lethal shells, or just go antag and fuck around with it, because honestly, unless someone wants to bomb a head of staff or something like that, they can be detained as well, and there is no need to kill them.

Also the topic name is A little love for the Blueshield, your suggestions make it to be OP, and you could simply overthrow the heads with it, you wanted the combat shotgun, basically I said almost the same, I am no admin or a developer or anyone really who can make a change, but the only thing I can say is, if you don't want things to happen (in a good way in my opinion), then stop complaining and declare the thread locked, because the discussion is useless if you can't accept compromises. If you DO want the discussion to continue, and maybe get improvements (not that it's really needed) try to agree with people. Yes, an 8 shot taser, but it instantly brings people down, and the taser doesn't, besides that, it's easier to escape even if you get downed by a taser. Also if you want to go lethal on things, ask for lethal shells, or just go antag and fuck around with it, because honestly, unless someone wants to bomb a head of staff or something like that, they can be detained as well, and there is no need to kill them.

but if you can't get all-access everything and some of the most dangerous weapons on the station at roundstart then you can't be the hero the station deserves :(

I would really like to point out the Blueshield's revolver can be upgraded to ATLEAST the Traitor revolver ammo, that shit will kill a non-armoured person in only 2 shots. Your also THE Blueshield, if you want a Combat Shotgun, just request it from the captain, the spare can go to R&D. If you feel the heads are threatened enough, make a case to the HoP to give you the all access. The heads know they can trust the blueshield, you don't need to start the round with all the nice stuff.

The plan was going to have the Death Implants only message the PDA of the Blueshiled, kind of like how scientists/Roboticists get the Paywage message, so you take out the Blueshiled, no one knows when a implant goes off, instead of the loud message that plays over coms.

As for the tracking, i'll shoot ponies a suggestion, i got an idea for that for now, but it would only work on a singular head unfortunately.

I would really like to point out the Blueshield's revolver can be upgraded to ATLEAST the Traitor revolver ammo.

something like 1 in 7 chance of it exploding if you do this per shot iirc

don't do it its a trap

I would really like to point out the Blueshield's revolver can be upgraded to ATLEAST the Traitor revolver ammo.

don't do it its a trap

^ - Good way to blow your hand off.

don't do it its a trap

^ - Good way to blow your hand off.

^Good way to lose your gun too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use