DISCUSSION THREAD FOR ART CONTEST

ZomgPonies

Is that Bryce in Phantasmic's second drawing? :o

Also all the new submission look amazing, glad to see the entry's are coming in :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm I looked into the already given entries. But I still miss that 'nice view of a scenery where lots of things are going on, is pretty polished, easy on the eyes and has that desktop background appropriate feeling'

Gave up on my old idea, couldn't think of what else to put in a fight-club reference. soo...

http://gyazo.com/b039252918df5b527b93fc9204d01754

This is pretty rough, did this in a few minutes of jotting down an idea.

Some clarification- no clown will not be buff. no singulaRARITY is not going to be in final version. I'll keep playing around with ideas. not really sure what to really fit in other than clown being chased by the entire security force. I might just do a environmental speed paint without much action instead.

Absolutely love the way where this is going, keep up the amazing work. :D

meanwhile some sketch i made http://prntscr.com/78jnhu

final.jpg

Wrek dat clowen!

Hope that goes through ok

Brilliant, don't you think?

I love the cop and his moustache. Even the paint is cool! Maybe it doesn't reflect Para clothing or gear (classic baton, bleh!), but it gets the point across. The clown shoes are weird. The composition with the lamp is a bit off (the lamp is way too close to the SS13 writing) and the lamp lacks details.

Considering the competition so far, it's a winner to me, aesthethically speaking.

These entries need more Nar'Sie.

Thinking Nar'Sie leading a horde of hooded cultists and constructs on one side with distorted black/blood red backgrounds, while the Singuloth leads Sec officers, Beepskies/ED-209s/SecBorgs on the other. Clown and mime are caught in the middle, cowering in the empty space between the advancing armies.

Thus far Crom and PhantasmicDream have my fav entries.

Brilliant, don't you think?

I love the cop and his moustache. Even the paint is cool! Maybe it doesn't reflect Para clothing or gear (classic baton, bleh!), but it gets the point across. The clown shoes are weird. The composition with the lamp is a bit off (the lamp is way too close to the SS13 writing) and the lamp lacks details.

Considering the competition so far, it's a winner to me, aesthethically speaking.

Thank you so much! Great critique btw, (you have a very good understanding of design). Gave myself 4 hours to do it and held myself to it. :P

Great critique btw, (you have a very good understanding of design).

I sit in photography, sound and a little bit of amateur videography (all my hobbies!). I'm glad you appreciate it.

BTW, your avatar is cropped suboptimally. You should move the frame a little bit to the left and down, and possibly make it less tight (zoom out). If you give me a high-res file, I'll show you what I mean.

img_by_bluegoomoose-d8uubwo.png

Hopefully will get this finished before the end date. . having some difficulties doing lineless art for the glass I need to draw.

img_by_bluegoomoose-d8uuchr.png

Love your cute style of drawing. You'll definitely win! :D

Zombiotic, have the clown screaming and you win my vote. Also maybe give the janitor his cap, he looks a little too similar to the mime.

Done. I made the clown scream. I really liked how the Janitor's hair turned out, so I did not add the cap. I did, however, differentiate their features a little bit so that they didn't look so similar. Hopefully you like it!

Hey, I am New to Paradise station, not Space Station 13 but to this server, so Tell me what you think! :D

and thankyou Dumbdumn5 for the compliment. Also I just posted here for convenience sake.

Radithor-Submission_zpsdx9uztxg.gif

Hey, I am New to Paradise station, not Space Station 13 but to this server, so Tell me what you think! :D

and thankyou Dumbdumn5 for the compliment. Also I just posted here for convenience sake.

Radithor-Submission_zpsdx9uztxg.gif

Have to admit, I _love_ the Fallout vibe I get from this one. Do think the flickering light should be red though (emergency lighting), and perhaps give it some more blood spatter.

Sure Why not.

Contest-Submission-2_zps04b903be.gif

Just imagining this panning out to a breached, burning station with charred and burned corpses, and over the intercom you just hear