metastation & map voting from /vg/

PJB3005

I'm not against the idea in theory, just as long as we have people willing to maintain both maps -- Note that metastation would need offices/spawnpoints for all of our karma jobs for example

I'm not against the idea in theory, just as long as we have people willing to maintain both maps -- Note that metastation would need offices/spawnpoints for all of our karma jobs for example

I can do that, /vg/ also modified meta heavily

I agree with ponies, this sounds like a very cool idea but it would need people to help us maintain it.

My only concern is the "burden of knowledge". Its hard enough remember where stuff is right now, this might aggravate it.

Having a choice to pick what map to run on would certainly be interesting, although I have to concur with the point made about the maintenance required for it. Additionally, as far as the "burden of knowledge" idea, it certainly would be disorienting for newer players to have to learn where things are an two maps, and it would take at least a few days for older players to learn it as well.

In an ideal world where everyone kept up with the Github and could rapidly digest new content happily without confusion this would be great.

That is not the case. Because of how much steeper the already ridiculous learning curve would be, I cannot agree with this. One station is big and complicated enough as it is. We don't need to throw in another one.

I do like this idea, but the map maintenance is indeed a very valid concern. If someone preps metastation for us and keeps it up-to-date, this can definitely be implemented as a test run (granted that none of the other maintainers disagree).

5 years ago it was known as 'ovary station' because it was symmetrical and looked like a set of ovaries.

That was 5 years ago.

Doesn't look like symmetrical ovaries anymore, does it? The Map as is isn't optimised for the features and playstyle we have now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use