Posession of a restricted weapon

MlLJSl5.png

Resisiting arrest

6XpH10Q.png

Riot/mutinity

EWiVzZ9.png

Sabotage

R24peKI.png

Sexual assault. (yes I was committed to my quest)

eZiXASi.png

Trespassing

2qvN9wT.png

Vandalism

N6LSjgK.png

Creatign workspace hazard

IEeHyCU.png

Assault/attempted murder/assault with a deadly weapon

vjKGrZk.png

Assault of an officer/head

I5rjtEO.png

Grand theft-grand B&E

o1u4BQp.png

Contraband-enemy of the corp.

NgaaT8n.png

Drug posession

i6THxbO.png

Drug trafficing

RPRMICA.png

Grand sabotage

Enemy of the corporation should be a picture depicting something like Antag_skum.png.

Everything else looks great.

Yeah that one is prolly best to adminboose.

The clarification of laws and standard operating procedure looks good, I like it.

My only concern/ complaint is that a prisoner's sentence begins counting down as soon as they are brought to their cell instead of once they are securely put away. Specifically, I'm worried about how it interacts with Code 101 - Resisting Arrest. If a person can only be charged for a 101 once per arrest, then they have no reason to stop resisting once they've been brought to their cell: Their timer will continue to count while they keep dicking around.

Perhaps a note or clarification could be added to Code 101 stating that prisoners actively resisting during the brig phase have their timers reset upon being locked up? I know there's a note about adjusting a felon's timer after being properly put away ("Modify their brig sentence for additional offences or good behavior, if applicable.") but I feel this sort of thing can/will end up being a semi-regular occurrence. Or not. Who knows, we'll see.

The clarification of laws and standard operating procedure looks good, I like it.

My only concern/ complaint is that a prisoner's sentence begins counting down as soon as they are brought to their cell instead of once they are securely put away. Specifically, I'm worried about how it interacts with Code 101 - Resisting Arrest. If a person can only be charged for a 101 once per arrest, then they have no reason to stop resisting once they've been brought to their cell: Their timer will continue to count while they keep dicking around.

Perhaps a note or clarification could be added to Code 101 stating that prisoners actively resisting during the brig phase have their timers reset upon being locked up? I know there's a note about adjusting a felon's timer after being properly put away ("Modify their brig sentence for additional offences or good behavior, if applicable.") but I feel this sort of thing can/will end up being a semi-regular occurrence. Or not. Who knows, we'll see.

Neeevermind! I see now that there is an "Escape from Brig" modifier which resets the prisoner's timer. I think this is sufficient to discourage a prisoner from being a pain in the ass.

Pics

They look great but they need to be the same size and more "generic."

The drugs one fits perfectly though!

I might be able to get a few pics done myself.

Yeah, many of these need some adminbus or some actually creative person doing them. All of the pictures were done in a time period of 1,5h during a round where I got objectives to commit as many crimes as I can and get pictures for wiki.

Better ones can be done, I'm sure of it

Assault of an Officer Major Crime 15 Min sentence - Criminals who attempt to disarm or grab officers while fleeing are guilty of this, even if bare handed.

I don't want people to be brigged for 15 minutes because they pushed an officer over while trying to flee.

Assault of an Officer Major Crime 15 Min sentence - Criminals who attempt to disarm or grab officers while fleeing are guilty of this, even if bare handed.

I don't want people to be brigged for 15 minutes because they pushed an officer over while trying to flee.

This, and assault being a 10 minute charge, seem controversial, and understandably. Previously we had battery and minor assault.

...I'm actually gonna make a new thread in suggestions as I was intending to do before. Bear with me.

I fully agree on the notion of adding battery/minor assault to the list.

Helps a great deal for instance when a clown is being a massive dick and sliplocking people constantly.

You then have a valid reason to arrest the damn thing without it having a semi-valid reason to scream shitcurity with the power of million greytiders.

"ehmigerd honk is be arrested for slip!!1 is not assaults!!!! no harm doneded, is shitcurityyyy!"

It would be more of a "not cool, man. Stop being an ass." punishment than the current assault sectence that should in my opinion be reserved for actually harmful behavior.

Overall, I feel as if our new space law is encouraging-- No, mandating the security department to act like shit. This realization came upon me when I was looking at an old post I put on our 'stories of shitcurity' thread, where I wrote something along the lines of:

" officer tried to brig engineer for 15 minutes just for throwing a bag at him. That uncivilized troglodyte!"

Yet now, 15 minutes would be considered a pretty average sentence, for our laws.

The primary difference I'm seeing is that TGs law expects several charges to be laid for a single incident. Yet we are using Bay's brig times that expect officers to apply no more than one or two charges at the most for a single incident. To make a point, let me compare our current version of Space Law (as of March 13, 2015) to the TG space law that we've based it on: http://www.ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Space_Law

TG's Crime Sentencing:

Minor charges: 1 minute.

Medium charges: 2 minutes (+1 minute increase over a minor charge).

Major charges: 5 minutes (+3 minute increase over a medium charge).

"In the event of a sentence exceeding the 10 minute limit of the timer inform the Warden so he may add the rest of the time later."

Paradise's Crime Sentencing:

Minor charges: 5 minutes.

Medium charges: 10 minutes (+5 minute increase over a minor charge).

Major charges: 15 minutes (+5 minute increase over a medium charge).

"In cases where the final sentence is more than 60 minutes, it is changed to a perma-brig sentence."

I have the utmost respect for Paradise's staff. However, all things remaining equal, I am of a firm stance that the new laws essentially encourage and enforce shitcurity.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I might mention that /tg/'s Space Law is only used on /tg/ as a suggestion... a guideline. Even the person who wrote it states that it should only be a suggestion.

Personally, I don't mind which Space Law we use, provided we have an actual set Space Law.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use