Changelings who are implanted automatically lose

Streaky Haddock

That's bullshit. IT's rare as fuck to get changeling, once i do, some Rattle faggot gives me away by being letting himself being captured and and giving everyone away.

That shit must be removed, it ruins everyone's fun like it done with me.

I vote for Implanted changelings are never done and removed, because Ratting people is bullshit and on my point of view bad roleplaying because there is no fucking excuse for it.

I can attest to being forcefully implanted as a Changeling, as I was overpowered, captured and then implanted. So, if anyone was somehow confused as to how you could get loyalty implanted as a Changeling, there you go.

Related: The round that I got loyalty implanted the Captain demanded I tell him the names of my Changeling allies, and I did: Mr. Rho, Mr. Sigma and Ms. Omega. We Changelings did not share our identities with each-other, so I the player could not truthfully give the Captain the information he was looking for, even if I wanted to (which I did since lol friendchip is magic.)

A Changeling ratting out its allies is not a symptom of a broken system: It is a symptom of sloppy Changelings. Just like the admins don't refund telecrystals for bad traitor items or blood for bad vampire upgrades, I don't think they should squash loyalty implants to accommodate bad Changeling play.

Also it's hard for a changeling to be found since there's absolutely no test to check. The blood test doesn't work on this server.

So for them to be discovered and captured is pretty bad, so if they avoid doing anything obvious, then they can get away with doing their objectives as they're supposed to. But if they don't and go in stings blazing, then it won't be too bad to loyalty implant them to rat out the people because it would make logical sense.

This is very easily avoided as Bone White said. If you don't want to get caught, don't reveal your identity or even talk over hive-mind.

Afterall, there's absolutely nothing wrong with one changeling gaining the trust of another, then backstabbing him and absorbing him for the genomes HE harvested.

If a ling gets an implant voluntarily or forcibly, it doesn't really matter; if you don't use hivemind or don't reveal yourself, you're never at risk. Yes, an implanted ling can ask for the other lings real names, but they are by NO means obliged to reply to a fellow ling about anything.

So, wait, can a ling get antag banned for ratting out the other lings or not if they ask for an implant?

I personally wouldn't do it, the more the merrier, but still.

It's not that I was dissatisfied with, CInited. It was deliberately walking up to sec, requesting a brainwashing implant and then helping sec kill all the lings at no risk to themselves. You all keep saying DONT TALK OVER LINGCHAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET CAUGHT, but the fact is, I never play changeling. I'm just sick of killing all the antagonists 5 minutes into the round and then having 1 hour 55 minutes of extended.

I like the idea of changelings backstabbing eachother. If they do it through genuine guile and cunning, I am totally fuckng for that shit. As you can see, I am pretty upset that there was no cunning, no guile. Just who got to security first.

ALL A MOOT POINT, SINCE I TURNS OUT I CAN JOBBAN THE BUTTS WHO DO THIS.

Instead of making them automatically losing why not have the implant mess with their powers or something, for example if a changeling gets implanted he is no longer able to change form or evolve more powers. meaning he doesn't lose and has no reason to rat out his friends but it does mean that his objectives are ten times harder for him and makes tracking him ten times easier.

It's not that I was dissatisfied with, CInited. It was deliberately walking up to sec, requesting a brainwashing implant and then helping sec kill all the lings at no risk to themselves. You all keep saying DONT TALK OVER LINGCHAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET CAUGHT, but the fact is, I never play changeling. I'm just sick of killing all the antagonists 5 minutes into the round and then having 1 hour 55 minutes of extended.

I like the idea of changelings backstabbing eachother. If they do it through genuine guile and cunning, I am totally fuckng for that shit. As you can see, I am pretty upset that there was no cunning, no guile. Just who got to security first.

ALL A MOOT POINT, SINCE I TURNS OUT I CAN JOBBAN THE BUTTS WHO DO THIS.

I was going to say, that sounds like something that can be jobbanned for.

Instead of making them automatically losing why not have the implant mess with their powers or something, for example if a changeling gets implanted he is no longer able to change form or evolve more powers. meaning he doesn't lose and has no reason to rat out his friends but it does mean that his objectives are ten times harder for him and makes tracking him ten times easier.

Once they're implanted, they're not even allowed to do objectives. They're loyal to NT so now they can no longer even do their objectives because it will go against the implant. I like the fact that implants can mess with their powers and agree that this should be possible, that there are chemicals in the loyalty implant that disables you from being antag.

As a note for this, we as admins have a very strong policy against people who throw implants around without asking, but until there's another surefire way of proving a changeling is a changeling, this will remain.

I was considering all changling's DNA not matching the one on their medical record, to allow the detective to prove that they aren't the person on the records to supplement the confirmation of a changeling, let me know what you think.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use