2023 September Wiki Update

SynthTee

It's almost the end of September, and it has been a month for sure, such as major updates like QM becoming Command. I thought I should start making these kinda posts, like Sirryan did in the past, to make the wiki more organized (hopefully). I won't be SUPER active for a bit, I am starting university soon, and it will be my 2nd year, but I will still be lurking around, contributing in the dark.

Revision Requests & Changelog

Some notable things I think need an update, however it's not a solid list. Just something people may wanna give a shot at.

Make sure to check the Maintenance Panel too for anything I missed, as well as the Github for any merged PRs that need wiki updates. The bot on the discord in the #wiki-development channel also updates us on that!

Thanks to the contributors so far: @Boardwalksky @Aligote @Sadhorizon@DGamerL@MigratingCoconut@henri215@Aleyck@Silverplate@Octus@WolvesOfWar@Imnotthesharpest@Vengie1@Kuba890p@Gerando

I think this is everyone, but not 100% sure. Either way, I appreciate everyone's work on the wiki. The wiki is very much a community effort and if you know a thing or two, I recommend you give it a try, with the guide here. Even a little grammar edit can be very helpful. The wiki wouldn't be the way it is today without the contribution, and I wanna try to keep that going.

2023 Development Goals

I am not really making big goals for this year, but I do want to show what has changed since Sirryan did his goals in 2022. Since then, the portals have gotten more development. Job Portal is practically done, aside from Special Role. We also now have a Lore Team, so the Lore Portal is all theirs. If Lore Team needs help with the wiki, please do reach out. You can find them on Discord in the #lore-chat.

Job Portals

• General - DONE
  • Service - DONE
  • Supply - DONE
  • Medical - DONE
  • Engineering - DONE
  • Science - DONE
  • Security - DONE
  • Legal - DONE
  • Command - DONE
  • Synthetic - DONE
  • Antagonist - DONE
  • Special - WIP

Contributor Portals

• Wiki Contributor - WIP
  • Administrative Tooling - NEEDS TO BE MADE
  • Github Contributor - WIP
  • Technical Issues - WIP

Game Mechanics Portals

• New Player - WIP
  • Server Systems - WIP. Not sure what it's for.
  • Game Objects - WIP
  • Mobs - WIP
  • Game Rounds - NEEDS TO BE MADE? Not sure how necessary it is, with the Antagonist Portal after all.
  • Lore - WIP. Co-operate with the Lore Team for this.

Good to see we managed to finish the Job Portal for the most part in the last year, it's just trying to get the others done now. Couldn't have done this without you guys!

Conclusion

This wasn't really a major update post, but it's a start for sure. Still trying to figure out my role as Wiki Manager and of course do my part, but I can't wait to see others contribute as well. There's a lot of things you can do on the wiki, what I mentioned is just a small portion really.

I like the fact we can come together and make the game more accessible for everyone, so they can understand why we love it so much! See you next month if I don't forget to update. 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • fastparrot 3

10 minutes ago, SynthTee said:
  • Pulse Demon needs to be expanded more, if you know anything about the new midround antag, please contribute.

instructions unclear, reworking pulse demon so the wiki page is once again out of date (I'll try and get to it tomorrow) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use