Toning down Stun Batons a bit.

Infant Punter

Alright, so after getting irritated once again by the OP'ness of stun batons, I decided to make this thread. This is my Opinion and what I think should be done.

Basically, Tone down the Stun Baton. At least make it not able to knock people over if they are in a hardsuit or SWAT gear, for example. I just think that it is very ridiculous that No matter how much gear you have, No matter how well armed you have, if someone pokes you with a blunt object with a sparky tip, you are down for around fifteen seconds, completely stunned no matter how strong your armor is. I love and completely understand that if you are wearing nothing and get whacked by the baton, Yeah, You're down. But in a huge set of EVA gear or even ERT level gear? It makes no sense in my opinion. Because of how it is, you can charge basically anyone with any gun and if you get close enough with that baton you win. Even DS can't handle a poke with that thing. Open to suggestions, but please consider this idea.

Stun mechanics are quite odd, actually. I've been putting some thought into it from stun batons to the tasers. People have complained that tasers aren't one hit KO's like the baton, so here's a bit of information about how they work.

Tasers:

A projectile (energy based I think) meaning that armour reduces their damage.

They inflict 40 agony damage, which is basically the same as getting hit with a laser but without the actual damage. 4 shots will put you down.

Batons:

When in help intent, a prod with one just stuns you. No actual attack per se -just makes you stunned. The tasers used to work like this.

Some combination of two would be good, people have requested tasers be better, batons be worse. Thoughts?

I think that, Batons should be nerfed against armor, perhaps make it slow down the person instead, then they go down?

Like, you get hit by a stun baton, you walk a bit slower, perhaps loose what is in your hand or something, but you dont get downed, so you get time to react

Same with tasers, make it so if you get inn one hit they are slowed a lot, getting hit by a taser but just keep running at the same speed is just unrealistic.

I also don't like how stun batons can instantly down anyone, it quite effectively makes it the most OP weapon in the game if user correctly, there is literally no way of protecting yourself against it unless you have an Esword or Claymore

It would be alright to make them slow down on the first hit, but the second must totally stun them, otherwise how would they catch someone? Laser them to death? But you could just adjust the time on the stun batons maybe, that is an option too I guess, but they should really taze people, the tasers and the stun batons too.

It would be alright to make them slow down on the first hit, but the second must totally stun them, otherwise how would they catch someone? Laser them to death? But you could just adjust the time on the stun batons maybe, that is an option too I guess, but they should really taze people, the tasers and the stun batons too.

Don't know if I made it clear, but only those with armor would be slowed

on the topic of batons i feel the telescopic baton needs to be nerfed also i mean if your in a full hardsuit and you get hit my it, i cant really see it knocking you down or at least not with 1 hit anyway. Same would go for ert armor etc

Don't know if I made it clear, but only those with armor would be slowed

I mean it would apply to everyone maybe?

No, the stun baton is a direct shock that would leave you incapacitated without any sort of protection, but with say a hardsuit or ERT armor the shock would be somewhat absorbed and you would not get the full effect, but only temporarly slowing you down

The duration of a stunbaton's stun could, maybe, be inversely proportional to the amount of armor you have on at the time.

Couldnt that possibly make people unstunnable or only stunned for a second or two? There would have to be a minimal time to allow cuffing.

• 3 weeks later...

The duration of a stunbaton's stun could, maybe, be inversely proportional to the amount of armor you have on at the time.

Couldnt that possibly make people unstunnable or only stunned for a second or two? There would have to be a minimal time to allow cuffing.

That's the point. If you are armored you shouldn't be able to be cuffed from a stun baton attack.

And I just found this thread again and would like to see it come to a conclusion.. A possible feature? No way?

• 3 weeks later...

I think about it in these terms. A stun tazer against flesh or cloth should put them down immediately, as should a baton.

For all other types of armors it should be based on the relative electrical resistant. Your average space suit may not necessarily be electrically insulated, but a ERT armor suit or hardsuit probably would, especially for engineers. An engineer in his hardsuit should be more or less immune, I would expect.

Hardsuit inmune to tassers and batons? Yes please, is not enough the fact it's already hard to catch me as CE with my permanent space gear and my obsession for the hand-tele, if you make me inmune to those stuns, the security would need to kill me to arrest me :D

The last time someone managed to arrest me as CE, he needed to shoot me three lasers and then almost choke me to death to keep me down. Buff the hardsuits more please, not like the CE hardsuit is already something like a riot armor.

Hardsuit inmune to tassers and batons? Yes please, is not enough the fact it's already hard to catch me as CE with my permanent space gear and my obsession for the hand-tele, if you make me inmune to those stuns, the security would need to kill me to arrest me :D

The last time someone managed to arrest me as CE, he needed to shoot me three lasers and then almost choke me to death to keep me down. Buff the hardsuits more please, not like the CE hardsuit is already something like a riot armor.

This. Stun batons are fine as is. As long as security doesn't become shitcurity, there's no reason to nerf their gear. It's does the job exactly as it's intended to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use