BlessedTuna

WingedYordle

Admin(s) Key: Blessedtuna
Your ckey (Byond username): Trubus
Your Discord name (if applicable): Trubus

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): July 9, 2019 13:35 PST

Nature of complaint: Ahelped a raid, permission was granted, command ban at the end of it.
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

eff3d1e5f52debf635cbfba62baa2509.png.6833bfb21c149f5bbd5266f5bf6a08dc.png

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Gained permission to steal from Sol Trader from game admin. Was punished for doing it and get command banned.

Full description of events: Graynt ahelped game admin to conduct a raid to steal the items on the Sol Trader's ship. Graynt shortly LOOC'd me stating we had permission to do so, so we did. No harm was done to the trader as we gather the items. Shortly after, we both explode along with the trader and BlessedTuna stating I was going to get a command ban for committing this.

I would have AVOID this at all possible if the admin simply said no. I would have never done this, and the chat log can confirm me stating that it would not happen without admin permission.

I don't like having a game admin say yes, only to give me a command ban after and telling me I should have known better.

I've informed blessed that "you can try" is going to be interpreted as permission to do something, and that players shouldn't get in trouble for doing things that a reasonable person would assume, based on the ahelp, that they have permission to do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kyet said:

I've informed blessed that "you can try" is going to be interpreted as permission to do something, and that players shouldn't get in trouble for doing things that a reasonable person would assume, based on the ahelp, that they have permission to do.

Does this mean the command bans will get lifted, since the only reason they did the thing that warranted the ban was under false pretenses?

40 minutes ago, MrMagolor said:

Does this mean the command bans will get lifted, since the only reason they did the thing that warranted the ban was under false pretenses?

They were lifted.

• Kyet locked this topic