Remove/disable hulk gene

bryanayalalugo

This will most likely be very controversial, but...

I think the hulk gene should be removed (or at least disabled so it can't be acquired via number means, such as through genetics).

Hulk gene is so overpowered, it resists almost all forms of stuns, and it can be used to break through almost everything (walls, reinforced walls, anything that can be destroyed).

Not only that, if it's coupled with any other equipment (hard suits, science garbage meme chems, traitor/antag abilities) it ends up even MORE overpowered. Hulk gene is also notoriously also abused by non-antags at times.

Even though the hulk gene makes the user end up having with their DNA very unstable, it's still very strong.

• Like 1
  • Salt 4

I agree it's incredibly strong, but it does have it's weaknesses. It may resist stuns but broken bones and respiratory damage can be used.

Restricting access to non-antags and greytiders should be well achievable through stronger moderation, do you think that there is more that can be changed here?

I don't agree that it should be disabled, or removed at all. Balance here relies on the intended use of the gene, and the use within the ruleset. I don't see that being challenged often except when a geneticist gives out genes for free, which can result in a serious punishment.

53 minutes ago, bryanayalalugo said:

Not only that, if it's coupled with any other equipment (hard suits, science garbage meme chems, traitor/antag abilities) it ends up even MORE overpowered. Hulk gene is also notoriously also abused by non-antags at times.

A vampire hulk, ling hulk,  I haven't seen anyone effectively using this. You're right armor and hardsuits makes it hard for anyone to stop them and they can really do some damage here. You could rush the AI and smash before they could even notice you. It's scary to imagine an emag + hardsuit + hulk, that would overdo it. Maybe here you can see that is overpowered and could use some balancing.

Hulks cant use guns, or any equipment with dexterity. They even have trouble scanning themself with a handheld health scanner. You become a melee combat monster yes.

But you cant use most of the more finer equipment, you roar when you break walls and if you are antag you attract buckshot like iron nanoparticles being attracted to a neodym magnet.

Hulk is strong. But its so rarely used. And the genetics crowd has died down again. Havent had genetics giving out combat powers to sec in a while except for today and only because I asked for them.

In that particular case of slings vs hulked sec: Hulk can be dealt with by kiting. The freeze power of slings is so damn powerfull. You freeze the hulk, run away, freeze again. 2 Freezes and they are dehulked and at your mercy... Or even better: Freeze, screech, lifedrain run. 3 clicks, no aim required.

Hulk has no synergies with special syndicate items like the north star gloves or carp.

Clings armblade is still stronger overall than hulk. 

Things that need to be fixed/removed is that hulks can use grenades and flashes. I dont think someone with fists like that would be able to press a fine button without damaging the equipment or pulling a pin.

Edited by Irkalla
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, das bread said:

A vampire hulk, ling hulk,  I haven't seen anyone effectively using this.

Hulked Vampires can't bite people, they only punch (tested this recently myself).

Lings would likely lose any powers on transformation/revival, so it's of minimal use to them.

Edit: I believe it's possible that if you gave someone else hulk, then DNA stung them, you'd be a hulk whenever you became them, as I know disabilities are passed along via DNA stings/transformation stings. How this combines with cling abilities, i'm not sure.

Edited by Pckables
  • Like 1

Just blast them with lethals as long as you don't enter melee it's easy to beat.

Edit: Also they're forced to wear a hardsuit if they don't want to be hard countered with mutadone in a syringe gun.

Edited by Birdtalon

On 9/29/2018 at 1:26 AM, bryanayalalugo said:

This will most likely be very controversial, but...

I think the hulk gene should be removed (or at least disabled so it can't be acquired via number means, such as through genetics).

Hulk gene is so overpowered, it resists almost all forms of stuns, and it can be used to break through almost everything (walls, reinforced walls, anything that can be destroyed).

Even though the hulk gene makes the user end up having with their DNA very unstable, it's still very strong.

I`m pretty dang sure the buckshot, slugs and tranq shells are effective hulk countermeasures.

I mean, i`ve stopped bigger, stronger antags with those type of rounds.

In a pinch, tech shells loaded with mutadone should do it.

you start reading the book "How to No-Hulk professionally 101" carefully

Step one: Syringe of Ether.

Step two: Syringe Gun.

Step three: Clean SE.

Step Four: Cable cuff.

Step Five: Confront Hulk.

Step Six: Shoot the Syringe gun with Syringe of Ether loaded.

Step Seven: Step Five again.

Step Eight: Apply clean SE on the neutralized Hulk.

Step Nine:  Apply Cable cuffs.

Step Ten: Drag them here.

• Like 2
  • stunbaton 1

15 hours ago, GutTC said:

Five credits one of the seccies will arrest you despite you obviously doing good, only to get lynched by every member of malpracticebay.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, GutTC said:

Or you can cut out a lot of steps by just putting any amount of Mutadone in the syringe.

• honk 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use