Splitting up Syndicate Bundle according to Objectives

Mikierpg

Coding level:

Probably pretty easy, just some objective check tags are round start and then restricting what random crate they can pull

Why?

I think that the 20 tc crates seem like a really fun and good idea to have a certain play style and to mix it up, however i feel that buying them would be a real risk if you don't have an assassinate, hijack etc. kind of objective. A few of the possibilities like bond and sabotage and the Jedi one are all combat based which makes it an entire waste if you only have to steal the CMO's hypospray.

A simple fix would be to remove the possibility of getting combat based boxes if you don't have any combat related objectives. In addition to helping the antag, this would cause less murderboning and just blowing things up, i mean if you spend ALL your money on a crate to steal 2 items and you end up with bond or the desword one then you'll have a massive urge to kill  at least someone. 

Well... As an antag you can approach your objective from different "sides". Combat gear lets you kill CMO, get his ID and then still his shit.

Still, Surplus crate is only good when having hijack. On the other occasions you are pretty much screwed without good gear.

This actually seems to refer to the bundle, not the surplus crate, which is a box filled with one of a few pre-defined sets of gear. Like as the OP said the "Bond" bundle, which does have a stechkin with silencer, krav maga implant, i think agent ID, some other stuff, and not to forget, a martini. I'm not sure if there are many changes needed with them, while yes a combat focused one might seem bad for only steal objectives, but you can always pressure someone with access to the item to give you it, declining to do so would be hazardous to their health.
What i can agree that might be worth checking for is a bundle that iirc contains a power beacon and a syndicate bomb, that seems to be only suited for hijack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use