ERT need portable Advanced Body Scanner

Harmony

Sometimes I have seen that the ERT has nothing to know which bones to repair, makes it very difficult for a combat doctor to stop bleeding internally and repair bones. I had thought it would be a good idea to put a portable Advanced Body Scanner or a more advanced heal analyzer

Has to have some sort of downside since.. it's portable. Anything that isn't originally portable and moveable is intergrated with those very features has to sacrifice SOME usability. Examples would be:

1: Inaccurate locations of bones fractures, organ damage, etc etc sometimes

2: Gives a tad bit of toxin damage whenever it's used: stacks toxin damage whenever it is used on different people (e.g base toxin is 3, 50 people used it so 150 toxin damage for the 51st person)

3:Refuses to give information the stationary body scanner would usually give - amount of brute damage, burn damage, etc

That's all I can really think of.

57 minutes ago, Fursamie said:

Has to have some sort of downside since.. it's portable. Anything that isn't originally portable and moveable is intergrated with those very features has to sacrifice SOME usability.[...]

Make it irradiate the patient slightly due to the xrays it produces.

I'm not saying this isn't a good idea but I don't really feel it's required per se.

For broken bones, a standard analyzer will tell you if a limb is broken, so that only leaves head, torso and lower body as locations that aren't specifically listed.  The patient will generally know since moving around will produce a message.  You can also tell by how much brute damage they have and where.

For internal bleeding, you likewise look at areas with high amounts of brute damage.  Then you try starting surgery on those areas.  If the internal bleeding option comes up, you found it.  If not, cancel the surgery and try another location.

I don't think toxin damage or whatever is needed.  If it's a code red ERT and above item I don't see a need to balance it, we aren't talking about printing these from RnD. 

So here's how the handheld bodyscanner, which is what I'm working on with a couple people, is currently slated to work.

Red ERT and Gamma ERT will receive it, Red ERT will get three charges, Gamma ERT will get six. It can be recharged in a recharger. There will be no way through R&D etc to get this, ERT only.

It will take ten seconds to scan someone, which will then drop a printout, similar to one you would receive from a normal bodyscanner. It will then have a minute cooldown before it can be used again.

53 minutes ago, Spartan said:

It will take ten seconds to scan someone, which will then drop a printout, similar to one you would receive from a normal bodyscanner. It will then have a minute cooldown before it can be used again.

Unless the entire ERT has broken bones, the handheld bodyscanner's 1min cooldown isn't really that impactful. The charges are a good idea, but if possible the number should be equal with the number of ERT members.

1 minute ago, Fursamie said:

Unless the entire ERT has broken bones, the handheld bodyscanner's 1min cooldown isn't really that impactful. The charges are a good idea, but if possible the number should be equal with the number of ERT members.

Medical ERT aren't meant to just be medics to their own squad, they're meant to help make medbay viable again. The charges thing is impossible.

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Medical ERT aren't meant to just be medics to their own squad, they're meant to help make medbay viable again. The charges thing is impossible.

Well, the charges as they are are fine and have no reason to be changed. I thought the Medical ERT was to get a majority of the crew on their feet when a virus/madman/admin takes out 95 percent of the crew, unless "viable" in your context doesn't mean "useable".

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use