Admin Complaint: T0EPIC4U

EldritchSigma

Admin Key: T0EPIC4U

Your Discord name (if applicable): EldritchSigma

Complaint: While an ongoing cult round bussing in multiple Tspiders (Queen, Tspider Prince), alongside a rev to "increase the tension". Apparently the Prince was random, then why a Queen when theres a prince considering how potent a prince is.

Yes cult has been beaten hard. Yes it was going to be about 45 minutes of extended essentially. But really does it have to be a god damn Terror Spider Queen and Terror Spider Prince together with a Revenant to increase tension? The Prince would be well enough considering what it can do to mechsuits because of its speed and damage. I am not complaining about bussing things in... or changing the course of a round that way. Moreso of the fact how its done recently. More often than not it has been like "Cult, crew has beaten cult, lets bus in some new threat they can impossibly deal with.". Why is it required to bus in a threat that cannot be defeated. An SIT with objectives to steal [insert valueable here] or to capture [X people] would do fine and would atleast not feel unbearable. This is way too overkill. And multiple people perceived this as Sec getting punished for actually doing their job for once. Thats how I perceived it aswell to be quite honest. Doesnt help the fact that many crewmembers cryoed the moment that the threat was evident. And to be honest. I was at the brink of ahelping that I have to cryo aswell to do some work, because I rather do that. That was before getting killed. Jesus atleast direct PM command that they can cryo if stuff like this is bussed in. Its not fun for command to be stuck in a round that is literally just "Wait till its finally over." in a situation that is not fun on the receiving end. It is not fun for sec to get shit from people because they can't deal with 20+ Tspiders, a Prince, a Queen and their equipment getting disabled. Atleast give sec and crew some good weapons next time to fight them with if something like that is bussed in. And I am not talking about the gamma armory contents... that stuff would have been useless against that kind of threat (Energy weapons which fire ultra slow against fast moving targets... a mech that gets obliterated because of wrong armaments, clusterbang flashbang).

The crew was COMPLETLY getting armed up the moment spiders got announced. We had multiple mechs hunting for spiders the moment they were announced and confirmed. And still lost it because you cannot deal with a prince and a Queen, while a revenant EMPs your mechsuit and shuts down your gear, while a blob randomly spawned in arrival. If it was for the prince alone it would be alright. A prince can be dealt with and actually spices up the entire shift. A Queen, a Prince and a Revenant later joined by a midround blob... that is just bullshit and basicly looks like sec is getting punished for doing their job. I am not saying that this was the intention. I am just saying that this is how it looks. And this is something that shouldnt be the case on any event run by admins in my opinion. 

On top of that. The inevadeable Deathsquad barely managed to arm the nuke. And after the nuke was armed the Spiders crushed them... every single one of them... heck if a Deathsquad is having a hard time dealing with a bussed in situation... its pretty much overkill.

Edited by EldritchSigma

Yeah I'm with Thali on this one. Adminbus is fine in small doses. But anymore it feels like every shift is gonna have a biohazard and everyone needs durands and x-ray guns just to safely get food from the kitchen.

I understand people like combat, but people also like RP. And those who really like combat... well, there are more action oriented servers out there. But I like to RP, and I hate feeling like playing NT Rep, a role dedicated solely to RP over combat, that my death is inevitable because no matter how good security is, threats will just keep piling up. I cannot recall a day since returning where at least one adminbus biohazard hasn't happened and it's becoming a bit disheartening. I might as well just stick to being a mechanic and either going into space with a bag of popcorn and watching the station burn or heading into the gateway where I at least have a slim chance of surviving.

But I was the NT Rep of the shift Thali has mentioned, all I could do was struggle to help cloning, keep the ERT informed of things, and cane a green spider to death. That isn't fun for an NT Rep, I'm not a job that gets mechs, I'm not a job that gets guns, and I can't just head to the gateway. I help departments work together, remind people to follow SoP and space law, and send faxes. And i did everything I could, I kept crew in formed, got code red swiped for and the ERT as soon as possible, and faxed about issues, and still was crushed without any real hope. So why do I even bother to do my job?

I spectated the entire round, up until the Deathsquad spawned in, at which point I played one of them.

For the sake of accuracy, the Deathsquad did not get crushed, they armed the nuke and retreated. 2 DS made it out, along with the Code red ERT medic and someone who was in a Durand.

I can understand the point that if security stopping the antags results in the station getting absolutely destroyed, then it really isn't very fulfilling to play security, a job that is already highly stressful and chronically understaffed.  On the flip side, I think what happened was probably more fun for more players than if the admins had done nothing. 

Personally, I don't think there was any ill intention from T0EPIC4U here, and would hope this is more like 'feedback' than an actual complaint.

I will also add that unless there is something directly related to misconduct or the like, please do not post on this. Discussing how you felt about an event is not suited for an admin complaint.

I will look over this in the next day or so when i have the time, until then please don't turn this into an extended discussion on the event.

While feedback on events is appreciated, this seems pretty heavily emotionally laden. There's a lot of hyperbole and the like here, which makes it no longer constructive criticism. This is also titled as an admin complaint, rather than feedback etc.

There is no wrongdoing here, and thus no action shall be taken, and the complaint is without merit.

In regards to the event:

The blob was a random event, which t0epic forgot to disable, something he'll no doubt remember from now on.

Admins are permitted to spawn things like terror spiders, etc, to create extra excitement and action. This isn't a "punishment" to security, and if you think that getting additional threats that cause you to "lose" is punishment, you have a very poor outlook on the game. Security can neither "win" or "lose" - except by perhaps having a boring round.

Not all events and rounds are going to be fun for all players, that's the nature of the game. Not all events are going to be RP oriented or fax machine oriented. It's clear this was more fun for some people rather than others. Sometimes, the round will end quietly, other times a DS will be called in to nuke the station. 

The fact the DS were barely able to arm the nuke, then got crushed afterwards, tells me that this was an exciting round where the DS was only just able to succeed at their task, which is much better than a curbstomp battle. That actually sounds like a really awesome thing to be part of!

It takes time for admins to learn all the tricks of events, and sometimes parts get forgotten about or overlooked, such as random event spawns. This event seems to have been fun for a bunch of people, and not others. Hopefully with the knowledge gained for it, the next event run will be even better.

So... Is it valid for the HoS and command to cryo on Events like that? Because I do not gain any joy of fighting an unbeatable threat and might aswell do something else since its in my eyes a waste of time if you have no chance of fighting properly outside of having somehow a pulse annihilator. Allowing command to cryo on that without any valid reasons would avoid that kind of stuff in the future. Heck there are people cryoing SSD officers not for the sake of freeing up slots but for the sake of removing the chance for Tspiders and Xenomorphs to spawn. Speaks enough on itself how frequent they are.

Just want that question answered: Can I cryo on events like that without any punishment? Because frankly... I do enjoy command, I do enjoy dealing with threats. I do not enjoy with threats that are not defeatable period because it is a huge waste of time with a forseeable outcome.

Edited by EldritchSigma

Assuming you ahelp to let us know, it's always valid to go to cryo. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be. 

However, if you only want to play when you think you can "win", then you're a pretty poor sport, and by giving up, you're letting the whole team down, and creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Those events are defeatable. If you consider not defeating threats as "a huge waste of time", then I advise choosing a different server.

A bomb will usually do it. Failing that, don't look to "win" by "defeating" them, instead, look after the security of the station and crew. Try to isolate the threat, evacuate civilians,  etc. 

There are legitimate ways of defeating it, you're just too caught up in "winning" and your emotional reactions to properly think it through. Event level things like a queen will generally need backup from CC, so faxing them etc will be required. If you're going to give up and cryo rather than stick around and help the station, then you shouldn't be playing HoS if you can only have fun by "winning".

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use