Hardsuits

Kato_Terrance

I think Hardsuits should be available through cargo to order more. Not just like engineering but Sec hardsuits and what not as well. As when I sometimes play engineer I never have a hardsuit as they run out rather quickly. Or when you are sec in hostile depressurized environment or exposed to space you don't have a hard suit you can't go that way in risk of death. I just believe the ability to order hardsuits would be useful.

I dunno how sec,but engineering has 7 hardsuits in total (4 in storage, 2 in secure storage, 1 in engi outpost + CE hardsuit, so 8), and I never had problems with hardsuit. But anyway, I like the idea.

1 minute ago, BottomQuark said:

I dunno how sec,but engineering has 7 hardsuits in total (4 in storage, 2 in secure storage, 1 in engi outpost + CE hardsuit, so 8), and I never had problems with hardsuit. But anyway, I like the idea.

Sec have two hardsuits, not including the one that sec pilots get.

I think there's plenty of hardsuits on the station already, if you could just order hardsuits, EVA would be pretty pointless. Engineering has enough hardsuits, Security could use maybe two more at most, even Medical has a couple of hardsuits (that almost never get used because only the CMO can open that room and he never does).

4 hours ago, Kato_Terrance said:

That's not including the detective, warden, HOS and other sec roles.

I really don't think the detective needs a hardsuit. The HoS can just get him a spacesuit from EVA if things are that bad. Could move the sec hardsuits from the secure armory to the other armory though, and throw in some more; there's extra space there.

13 minutes ago, Someonewithapen said:

You know who has enough Hardsuits, but doesn't have enough access to them? Medical. Medical has two hardsuits in secondary storage, but the only person who can get to them is the CMO.

Yes, this really frustrates me as well. It's also where the radiation suits are kept, so if a radstorm happens you have to beg the CMO to open it for you in the very short timeframe before the radiation hits. Meanwhile pretty much anyone can sprint into regular storage and steal a bunch of medkits and sprint out before anyone can stop them. Medical storage in general is cluttered and weird.

1 minute ago, TrainTN said:

I really don't think the detective needs a hardsuit. The HoS can just get him a spacesuit from EVA if things are that bad. Could move the sec hardsuits from the secure armory to the other armory though, and throw in some more; there's extra space there.

Yes, this really frustrates me as well. It's also where the radiation suits are kept, so if a radstorm happens you have to beg the CMO to open it for you in the very short timeframe before the radiation hits. Meanwhile pretty much anyone can sprint into regular storage and steal a bunch of medkits and sprint out before anyone can stop them. Medical storage in general is cluttered and weird.

Yes but the thing of it is is that EVA isn't armored thus the HOS going into a situation where he can't have armor is dangerous.

The virologist also has access to secondary medical storage.  Not sure why, maybe the biosuits were kept there originally?

I believe the paramedic has 2 hardsuits and helmets as well, so medical has a total of 4.  The problem is, they only have 2 pairs of magboots. Best case scenario is the CMO gives a pair to the paramedic and swipes the other for themselves.

Edited by EvadableMoxie

1 hour ago, Kato_Terrance said:

Yes but the thing of it is is that EVA isn't armored thus the HOS going into a situation where he can't have armor is dangerous.

I said the spacesuit would be for the detective.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use