Add carbines and automatic rifles to contraband or expand prohibited weapon categories

ReynTheLord

I mean seriously, Someone recently got only 8 mins for having an automatic carbine with a grenade launcher. THAT DOESNT FUCKING ADD UP DOES IT. Apparently automatic weapons like that when had by civillians are only "Restricted weapons" and not contraband. and only net them 10 mins in brig. 8 if they come willingly. Hooolyyy shit. That shit should be the sign of someone having something they really shouldn't if they arent sec. Maybe possibly Expand the categories? Automatic weaponry and the like have harsher punishments? Im just pretty sure a weapon like that is a problem

Edited by ReynTheLord

35 minutes ago, ReynTheLord said:

I mean seriously, Someone recently got only 8 mins for having an automatic carbine with a grenade launcher. THAT DOESNT FUCKING ADD UP DOES IT. Apparently automatic weapons like that when had by civillians are only "Restricted weapons" and not contraband. and only net them 10 mins in brig. 8 if they come willingly. Hooolyyy shit. That shit should be the sign of someone having something they really shouldn't if they arent sec. Maybe possibly Expand the categories? Automatic weaponry and the like have harsher punishments? Im just pretty sure a weapon like that is a problem

To clarify: he's talking about the gun from the syndie supply depot. It is most definitely a syndicate weapon, but it is not listed on: https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Contraband

1 hour ago, ReynTheLord said:

The only way to acquire said weapon is space loot and its guarded by turrets. Nukies might be able to get it but I'm not sure on that. So really the problem is making it class-s Contraband leads to putting non antags in perma which is not ideal.

I'd consider it class W contraband. Put it into the wiki, no problem.

Batons and tasers are restricted weapons, so people carrying ion carbines/AEGs without permission from the HoS/Captain should fall under the same charge.

Sure it may only be 10 minutes but you also get to take the weapon off the halls, and, you know. Not everybody who carries a weapon actually deserves being sent to Prison.

Edited by Streaky Haddock

The C-20r isn't listed in contraband either, and it's obtainable from the gateway.

Do we really want to be permabrigging gateway explorers and people who go to the supply depot?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shadeykins said:

The C-20r isn't listed in contraband either, and it's obtainable from the gateway.

Do we really want to be permabrigging gateway explorers and people who go to the supply depot?

Considering it was added to the wiki as Class-S. My guess is yes. *shrug*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use