Cleaning, Trash, Trash, Trash.

Landerlow

SO.

I actually LIKE to play janitor. Be it borg or a non-borg one. 

I would like to suggest some improvements to make the station actually cleaner more often:

Make certain items from vendors etc which are not able to be picked up / recycled able to be recycled

Make it so that the trash bag can fit on the janibelt, even if it is filled.

Increase standard trash bag capacity?

Spawn a " Trash Cart"  (green cart which can be found in gateway sometimes) in the janitorial closet. The janitor can go around with that, collecting trash other than cleaning blood, etc.

Make a filthy station more hazardous for the crew. Infections with worse consequences, more breed of mice/lizards/etc.

Other suggestions? Thoughts? 

• Like 3

The idea of stagnant vomit possibly causing random infections if left alone for several minutes, is both amusing and terrifying to me.
(And would actually encourage people not to make fucking vomit grenades.)

Maybe the janitor specific PDA cartridge could be reconfigured to show you how much trash and blood/vomit is around the station/in each department? As is, I never use the janitorial PDA's function of showing where mops and carts are, but maybe they're useful to other people, I don't know. Could be too specific / too much coding... *shrug. A way to see where to go to clean other than relying on crew who generally don't care enough to tell you would be nice. 

(not to nix yelling at the janitor entirely because interaction is the highlight of every job, and I'll never give up racing the janiborg to every 'CLEAN UP AT AISLE FOUR' call) 

Edited by gangelwaefre
Clarification

39 minutes ago, TDS said:

We all know that leaving trash around encourages vermin to spread. How about trash and blood  has a chance to spawn spiderlings?

And as the amount goes up, how about more spiderlings start spawning, with balancing of course

9 hours ago, gangelwaefre said:

could be too specific / too much coding...

Now, I've never worked with BYOND code before, but if we were using, say, the unity engine, you'd just have to define an area and assign it a variable, then designate certain objects as trash/vomit/blood/oil, then have THOSE be variables too, and have the area variable equal the total trash/vomit/blood/oil variables added together. Simpler than it sounds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TDS said:

We all know that leaving trash around encourages vermin to spread. How about trash and blood  has a chance to spawn spiderlings?

Do you want Space Ants? because that's how you get Space Ants.

• Like 1

Ayyy lmao.

Let's stay on-topic.

Also: PLEASE ADD A TRASH-CART to spawn in the janitorial closet. Muh RP.

/obj/structure/closet/crate/trashcart

desc = "A heavy, metal trashcart with wheels."

name = "trash Cart"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use