Add an ether / anasthetic injector to medical borgs

Landerlow

This would make it way more realistic. It could also be an additional chemical to the cyborg hypospray. This is more for roleplay, really. Code-wise / image-wise, you could use a picture of a syringe for it or something like that. I just find it a bit annoying to perform surgeries without anasthetic because I'm a borg. What also could be used is hydrocodone or whatever it's called, the strong painkiller, though I do not know if it is addictive. 

Morphine could be used, but it is addictive.

It's really very small, and if I knew how to make a ' new ' module, I would make a PR for it. At the moment I can only do things with existing ones.

• Like 1

Ether would be OP since it can be used to make people sleep. An emagged or otherwise rogue borg could quickly give a victim a whole bunch of ether, with no way for the victim to do anything about it short of having a hardsuit on. Though, having a delay with it like normal syringes might work.

Morphine or hydrocodone might work, though it's important to note that pain isn't just an RP mechanic.

Well, what if you don't have an emagged, but still subverted borg? Also, doesn't make much sense that an emag that's designed to remove safeties suddenly activate a safety on a dispenser.

All I would like is for medical borgs to have an extra chemical in their hypospray, the chemical being hydrocodone. 

It makes absolutely no sense for borgs to operate without giving painkillers. You would die if you had heart surgery without anasthetic. Borgs don't 'feel' pain, but medical borgs should understand that humans cannot withstand endless pain. Also, immershun. --> "Oh, you've got some heart damage" .   "I'm going to give you some anasthetic, okay?"   " Nah, don't bother" .... wot. MUH IMMERSHUN.

Alternative: Some sort of anesthetic tank/medical mask holder. Call it the Sleepifier 4000 or Anesthesiser 3000 or something, maybe something more boring.

Click a person and it'll start stripping their mask and backpack, if they're wearing one. Click them again and it'll start giving them a medical mask and anesthetic tank. Then you need to turn it on like normal.

Like the roller bed rack, it holds a anesthetic tank and medical mask in an internal storage, it doesn't magically generate them. The borg is created with a mask and tank, and more can be picked up from the lockers if needed.

It would be the same as a regular doctor with hands giving a patient an anesthetic tank and mask. Only, with no hands required.

Edited by LittleBigKid2000

On 9/27/2017 at 8:17 AM, LittleBigKid2000 said:

Ether would be OP since it can be used to make people sleep. An emagged or otherwise rogue borg could quickly give a victim a whole bunch of ether, with no way for the victim to do anything about it short of having a hardsuit on. Though, having a delay with it like normal syringes might work.

Morphine or hydrocodone might work, though it's important to note that pain isn't just an RP mechanic.

I think you don't understand just how long it takes for ether to work.

3 minutes ago, Cyiko said:

I think you don't understand just how long it takes for ether to work.

Does it matter how long it takes to act? If you've got a bunch of ether in you, you're going to pass out with there being nothing you can do about it. Well, I guess you could quickly rush and get some coffee or pentetic acid if possible, but still.

Edited by LittleBigKid2000

5 minutes ago, LittleBigKid2000 said:

Does it matter how long it takes to act? If you've got a bunch of ether in you, you're going to pass out with there being nothing you can do about it. Well, I guess you could quickly rush and get some coffee or pentetic acid if possible, but still.

Yes. It would first have to be subverted in some way for its laws to let it do that to you, unless it was a troll doing it for the lulz. It notifies you that you've been injected with what starts at 5u per injection, so it'd be obvious to see "You feel a tiny prick" "You feel a tiny prick" "You feel a tiny prick".

Afterwards it would take 36 cycles IIRC to finally knock you out, plenty of time for you to experience the initial effects and then yell over commons "Hey X Mediborg is trying to knock me out with ether!"

Just now, Cyiko said:

Yes. It would first have to be subverted in some way for its laws to let it do that to you, unless it was a troll doing it for the lulz. It notifies you that you've been injected with what starts at 5u per injection, so it'd be obvious to see "You feel a tiny prick" "You feel a tiny prick" "You feel a tiny prick".

Afterwards it would take 36 cycles IIRC to finally knock you out, plenty of time for you to experience the initial effects and then yell over commons "Hey X Mediborg is trying to knock me out with ether!"

I'm aware of all of that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use