Who is your bane to the sec department?

Landerlow

I mean this in a friendly way. Do not insult players or anything. Just who is the one that (can sometimes) stir(s) up the most trouble for security? And why? And what is your in-game reaction? 

For me, it was Ares until he left. Currently, @Slith-Skaar and Madilynn Drago (spelling?) can be quite the troublemakers for sec, in a GOOD way, mind :)

• stunbaton 2

There is one person I always come back to sec for. And it's the most positive Bane I have ever seen and known.

Alissa Bennet.

• stunbaton 2

I'm going to bring up the Old Guard name here as well.

Afrum Bowhawk, I will forever respect and fear that man for how easily he could take out a sec team, usually in under ten minutes once be began, only real way to actually get him in the end was a full scale assault, even then all but one sec officer would get out.

@Hylocereus I feel your pain... many of my rounds in sec ended at the end of his gun barrel or blade.

Edited by DarkPyrolord
I can word I swear
  • Like 1
  • stunbaton 1

When I type fear into my phone it autocorrects to Ares.

Edited by ZN23X
Ares we need you back so you can kick my ass more.
  • honk 1

Any generic powergamy vox.

I always respected Ares but he always played races with restrictions, vox have zero.

Edited by Vargh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • stunbaton 1

Vox, Intergalactic Ace Attorneys, and Alissa Sommer. Most players see vox as an opportunity to play as a huge jerk, stealing because "muh shinies", smashing because "muh voxygen", and lying because "muh kin". IAAs that don't know what the role is about tend to do nothing but obstruct security and will always side with the prisoners, regardless of how in the wrong said prisoner is.

Alissa is like morphine. She has a very neutralizing personality that I can't say no to, even when she wants to hang around the HoS's office, or when she breaks into security for a pair of jackboots. It's too easy to get distracted by her, which makes her my greatest bane to security.

• stunbaton 4

Yea I sorta wanna change mine. My bane is anyone who plays super hard constantly, either on secs side or the antags side. There's too many rounds that end quickly or end up being boring due to this and I'm just sitting there like "Can you take it easy and give the other side a chance for once?"

Also antags (or even non antags?) who get a hold of sec comms and just spam it with whatever. It's probably fun from the perspective of the person doing it, it adds nothing to the round for anyone else and just gives sec players a headache. It's the IC equivalent of bragging too much or harassing people OOC, except it's allowed cuz it's IC. 

Edited by ZN23X

Vox-tiders. If you go hard and beat them into the pavement and toss them in a cell, a small militia will have formed outside the brig by the time you've set the timer. Now, I'm an oddball and love putting down rioters and xenos en-masse, but the security team as a whole shouldn't have to put up with that. Granted, I haven't seen this in a little while, but I'm inclined to think people will still do it if the conditions are right.

Edited by SomeGuy9283
grammar
  • stunbaton 4

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really think I could pinpoint anyone. Each shift is different but if I hear anyone giving sec a hard time or comms lighting up like they did last shift I played with "That guy is a problem child, greytider, etc" then I normally give them max. That is when I'm HoS sometimes I'm civi, or something lower in sec then HoS.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:35 PM, Vargh said:

Any generic powergamy vox.

I always respected Ares but he always played races with restrictions, vox have zero.

Don't be silly. Talking like an idiot in-game starts to leak into your personal DMs after a while. You will never know our suffering.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use