Vampire buff

Sothangel

In regards to - https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/7462 it could become difficult for vampires to survive the first few meals. I have an idea that may or may not help this. 

Change the hypnotise spell so that it is an instant mute, and then knockout (10 seconds or so.) and also tells the victim in no uncertain terms that they have no idea of what just happened, they think they just fainted or something.

Ideally this will enable vampires to drain blood piece by piece, whilst providing the framework for them to power up AND not be ratted out on immediately by any victims.

Feedback/comments/improvements/salt welcomed

• Like 1

Absolutely love this idea, in theory.

In practice, I don't see people surviving it and it just becoming an easy way to murder people with basically a single ability. If there was some strong reason vamps had to not kill people to feed, that'd be great.

The only idea I have had there is making it so anyone drained completely of blood has a chance to revive as a vampire themselves with the objective of killing their sire (Kind as per in vampire: the requiem if anyone's read/played that). Still has issues of draining 99.9% or whatever.

• Like 1

Killing people creates a trail of situations that could lead back. People going in with minor to moderate blood loss would be pretty cool, though the blood loss mechanic from a bite can be a bit problematic when trying to be merciful, but still get the bloodbang for your buck. I'd like to see it so that like in the mythos the vampires saliva closes the wounds and prevents blood loss damage. I also wouldn't mind them having a "Declare war" option where they can choose to be, Visually speaking, more obvious. The Nosferatu effect as it were. loose the shape change ability, to gain some extra armor and and the claws for melee. Maybe replace the shape change with the more potent hypnosis they referred to earlier? 

stock-photo-nosferatu-scary-vampire-101611348.jpg

Edited by Malphystoh

There are a staggeringly huge amount of cool ideas for vampires, thanks to white wolf, true blood and twilight.

I think an amnesiac power would be great however, it'd have to be done right. 

• Like 1

I like this idea. I also think vampires should not be able to drain dry people unless they gather enough blood to have some kind of "kill drain" power to gather more blood. Also I feel vampire clans would be really nice, like adding a change mid game for the vampire to choose some affinity to improve himself in what he needs, like in warhammer fantasy when you had to choose a clan from Strigoy, blood dragon, lhamia and that kind, one is better to fight melee, the other has more stealth and charm powers, Strigoy is like nosgeratu kind being grotesque creatures who are fast and tanky. 

Edited by Vargh
  • Like 1

A thing I always liked about vampires in stories is how alluring they can be, having a soothing and calming tone when they speak.

However, I guess that's not something you can do with the game mechanics, but more RP to it.

• Like 1

I agree Phantasmic. You're art certainly doesn't help ;3 It would be incredible if a charisma based vampire  had an ability that could briefly glamour a crowd to create an RP situation they can work to their advantage. 

The problem here is it only takes one person to ignore this - intentionally or not - to fuck it up. Then admins have to jump in, but the damage can already be done.

However, cultists losing their memory hasn't caused huge amounts of problems and people have been good with it so i think it's worth a shot.

Start small with a minor amnesiac effect for feeding or the like and then move on to the greater ideas of brainwashing and glamours.

Regarding the premise of it takes one person to fuck up and bad things happen - It isn't quite on the same scale, but how many times have Wololo-enslaved people immediately snitched on the Chaplain/Traitor when they deconvert?

I don't think vampires need any buffs, good vamp players are proof that vampires, when played correctly, are just as strong a threat as any other antag.

In fact, I almost want vampires nerfed to not be able to get blood from humanized monkeys. Because 1 monkey = 227 blood. 3 = full power with a fair bit of excess.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use