[WIP] Mobile Ticketing Platform

Fruerlund

(Please ignore the code issues on the pictures they will/are already solved)

The Idea.

My end goal is to add a new method of punishment which securiy officers can use when dealing with criminals who may have comitted a minor crime and thus not really worth dragging them to the brig for 5 minutes. As well as adding a new tool that can be used for roleplay purposes between perpetrator and offficer. Often as a security officer when the tide is high or there's just so much going on that it is not effecient for you or the perpetrator that you drag their ass to the gulag. This project is a tool which will allow users to punish these criminals without brigging them? How

By giving them a fine.

How does it work?

The tool itself is a handheld ticketing platform which can be carried in your pocket or in your backpack. Opon activation security officers can either choose to issue a new ticket or view existing ones.

e6e743668e316e626251c1edc671c2f8.png

In order to prevent the good old fashioned stun, cuff and drag security officers will need to interact with the suspect as they have to swipe the suspects ID in order to load their details into the device. Security Officers can then select the violation from a pre-existing list which will display the reason, description of the article violated and the ticket amount. Officers will after selecting the reason be prompted to input an amount between a maximum amount and a minimum amount allowing for some variation in the ticket itself.

4992ac932c8abb27516fddca92a87b98.pngd2dedafb3ec495665485eebb1caf566e.png

After everything is filled out, they can then hit "Issue Ticket" which will print a ticket at the mobile ticketing platform. Deduct money from the registered account and transfer it to the station account(will be changed to securiy department account) and also add the ticket to the list of issued tickets.

e8cb602afd9afff65d6dca3cd09a51e7.png0e648a693bdfe5a0b391562d2364c4cb.png

This list can be viewed on the terminal itself or by hitting the "Browse" Issued Tickets on the security record computer.

e42ad04ca81257561c61c3801515a5d3.png

410db32b6710c4a8f15d56b80c617764.png

2d2f375313f5dc1885f2b0f635090441.png

So let me hear your toughts and ideas. Is this something that should be aborted? Or should I continue working on it? Do you have any ideas features to add to it etc.

Questions I need answered.

First of all there are still a few things I would like to discuss.

• Should there be a refund option on the security record computer?
  • Is this worth it?
  • What should the fine amounts be?(currently you can only ticket for minor crimes)
  • Should it be able to deduct money from people who doesn't have any?
  • New sprite?
Edited by Fruerlund
  • Like 6

This looks awesome. Putting people in for 5 minutes is almost always not worth the trouble. Maybe if they can't pay, this is indicated somewhere on the ticket or maybe the device speaks an error message, and then they have to serve brig time instead.

Can you select more the one Articles from the list? Like Indecent Exposure and Drug Posession. And I think it is important that this is it automaticly added to the security database, as Minor Crime.

I really, really like this. It not only encourages RP but makes security's lives easier. Both admirable effects.

If this system is to be added, I personally would like something similar for the NT Rep and IAA, for doling out fines for people violating SoP.

Lastly, I think there should be a fine for "wasting security's time" It's something I see happen a lot.

Edited by Saul Argon
Clicked enter too early :P

I think this is neat. Side note, even without this, Security isn't actually required to drag someone in and give 5 for minor crimes. Sentence for minor crimes is anything from a warning to 5 min at security's discretion. I personally only think the 5 for minor crimes is briggable if multiple crimes have been committed that will make the sentence more than 5 min.

• Like 1

I like it alot. And I think in typical horrific fashion that it should be able to go into the negative, and that people with negative amounts should be arrested and sent to the labor camp to work off their debt. Debter's prison! CC would totally do that.  

• Like 1

Love the idea, also would make it easier to play a less stun and gun officer that is almost forced right now, also if the sprite that you chose would have the rims red and maybe a roll of paper at the top for the tickets, be a good little effect to distinguish between the analyzer and that.

I like it! This would also make for a good tablet/laptop/console program that used the ID slot and microprinter. Just so there's one less thing to carry if you're already grabbing a lappy for whatever reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use