Allow nukies to spawn as non-human races

ProperPants

I don't see any particular reason not to have this. It would create some interesting diversity to have different species with various strengths and weaknesses working together.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

The problem is a good part of the races have disadvantages, which i think made Paradise actually move away from it. From what i know, we had custom race nukies, but well, IPC nukies that die from the first EMP they encounter (and explode), diona that can be outrun by a one-legged person on sepia tiles, greys that get extra dammage, kidan that won't see shit thanks to no night-vision, plasmamen that can't really decide which hardsuit they would like to take, all not really suited for being a nukie.

Besides that, would need sprites for every race for the elite hardsuits.

I like the idea of nuke-ops being all human, adds to the effect of the syndicate being a human organisation to bring down Nanotrasen, a human Organization 

I think it's rather unreliable, since different species have different downsides. While Skrell or Vulpkanin play similarly enough to humans, Vox, for example, would prove much harder to balance. 

I'm not strictly against this idea, but just because you picked a certain species doesn't mean you should be at an inherent disadvantage compared to other nukies. Maybe if we tried to implement it so that every species gets its own "thing" with nukies, but I don't know how to go about doing that.

Also, neither Syndicate nor Nanotrasen are strictly human organisations in our lore, so that's not really a solid argument against this.

• Like 1

The big problem with species and nukeops is that it's largely a very tight-knight team-based experience where-in you are required and expected to count on your team-mates. To that end, one person being IPC and screaming about using EMPs or demanding certain strats not be engaged in because of their fragility is usually detrimental to the rest of the team (who were usually human). The case could be made for allowing the human-like races (Taj, Vulp, etc) to be allowed, but, for the most part, the experience of being nuke op should largely be about choices each of the players can control and work together on, and shouldn't really be about working around the quirks of other team-mates.

• Like 2

I see now why having multiple different races on a single team would be a problem.

The primary reason I made the suggestion is because I saw that there exists a syndicate plasmasuit, yet I have never seen Plasma Ops. I think it would be interesting to see, since they play almost like humans, but not exactly.

I like @Purpose2's suggestion of faction ops, and I feel it could work with most species, except diona and possibly IPC. Perhaps if nukies had a 1/5 or 1/10 chance of spawning as Plasma Ops, we could test the waters as to how people like nukies that are all one race other than human.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use