Crusader Kings 2

ZN23X

Figure since we are here because we enjoy playing open ended games with bad graphics and cumbersome UI and mechanics that I'd throw this feeler out there.

Anyone like playing CK2? I have all the expansions so can host a match where we have access to all the content, and if we establish some sort of a play group we can save our progress and have a continued round over the course of weeks. All the expansions, no mods, for those who are up to the challenge. Any takers?

I have done everything I can enjoy doing in this game on a single player basis but I've always wanted to try an extended round with multiple players. 

(Yes, Tetra has existed in this game as well, god help me)

Edited by ZN23X

Apparently it's a game that is good for parents with small children. The ability to pause it whenever and the rounds that can literally take days or weeks to complete helps kill time while watching the same episode of Blaze and the Monster Machines for the one millionth time.

Edited by ZN23X

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2017 at 11:06 AM, Purpose2 said:

Deus vult! Yes, I love this game. I play it a lot, especially when I'm on daughter duty.

Did multiplayer once with one other person... was /ok/

I like to minmax my character to be the best spymaster ever and convince my friends to let me be their vassal.

Also, SATAN WORSHIP AAAAAH

• 2 weeks later...

I am hopelessly addicted to CK2. It's actually starting to become a problem, since I'm not burning out fast enough to spend time playing SS13.

Personally, it felt like the 'graduation' of my obsession with Medieval 2: Total War and medieval history in general, though I haven't gotten to a point where I'm comfortable playing without excessive savescumming. Generally I like picking religions or cultures that are generally thought of as 'extinct' in modern times, and seeing how much I can 'break' the general progression of history by expanding and thriving as them. My favourite games so far have been taking over Egypt as the coptic christians to form the empire of Abyssinia, reforming Slavic Paganism as the Kingdom of Ruthenia, and I'm currently working on a Messalian Carpathian empire as the Avars.

One of the most memorable characters I've seen so far was a duke from my dynasty who was a possessed, imbecile lunatic - likely due to his parents being from the same dynasty (AI-controlled family members have a weird fixation on inbreeding, I've found), yet he still had 30 points in martial skill and the 'holy warrior' trait due to a modifier declaring that he was receiving military advice from Jesus.

I'd love to try out a multiplayer game, but unfortunately I've made some edits to the base game files which I believe disables the multiplayer feature unless I re-install.

If anyone's reading this and interested, here's an idea I've always wanted to try: Have 5 players all play as different patrician families inside of the same merchant republic. See how quickly the republic either conquers europe or wipes itself out due to constant assassinations.

Edited by Machofish
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use