NO MOAR GREENTEXT!!

Bxil

So, whenever and antagonist finishes their objectives, they just quietly enjoy their victory. They will do everything to finish those objectives, because redtext? BAH, that's ugly and useless. As far as I know it's a problem. For all of us. Antagonists a lot of time actually don't go for fun and rp, but for victory. And that is purposeless and is just not fun. How about we don't actually show the results at the end of a round? No green or red wall of text, just the pure objectives.

People who just go for green text will still roll around in their glory with or without green text. I like knowing if someone actually had an objective or not personally so I like the wall of text at round end. It's neat going through and being like "OH...SOMEOME WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL ME!"

Here's another idea - auto-generate objectives upon objective completion. Maybe up to a maximum of 2 more objectives.

This will keep antags from becoming stagnant and make the greentext actually worth fighting for/something not so easily secured. May encourage antags to cooperate with one another/other such things because of the sheer difficulty in finishing multiple objectives all by your lonesome.

Edited by Shadeykins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadeykins said:

Here's another idea - auto-generate objectives upon objective completion. Maybe up to a maximum of 2 more objectives.

This will keep antags from becoming stagnant and make the greentext actually worth fighting for/something not so easily secured. May encourage antags to cooperate with one another/other such things because of the sheer difficulty in finishing multiple objectives all by your lonesome.

THIS!

2 hours ago, Shadeykins said:

I think this is an interesting concept but I don't like that you don't know your objectives in advance and you can't make a "plan" as much as you could before when it comes to using your TC because if you get one objective to get the NAD, that takes away some TC options because youd be forced to save in case your next objective needed a different item. Basically it makes higher cost TC items less viable due to reduced flexibility

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkeletalElite said:

I think this is an interesting concept but I don't like that you don't know your objectives in advance and you can't make a "plan" as much as you could before when it comes to using your TC because if you get one objective to get the NAD, that takes away some TC options because youd be forced to save in case your next objective needed a different item. Basically it makes higher cost TC items less viable due to reduced flexibility

This is true, maybe have them denoted as additional objectives or award the traitor 2-3 TC upon receiving the objective?

1 hour ago, Shadeykins said:

This is true, maybe have them denoted as additional objectives or award the traitor 2-3 TC upon receiving the objective?

That could work, a small TC bonus depending on the objective you get and what objectives you had previously, if you previously had 2 assassinates and get a steal you would get more. I was thinking for that circumstance a 6 bonus would be good because a lot of steal objectives are completable with 6 because that lets you afford the emag. However if you roll an assassinate into assinate you don't get/ get a very small bonus because you'd already be speced to kill (because one would spec much differently for killing than stealing). The numbers could be played with but if it based the number you got on your targets role and previous objectives that'd be good.

Edit: After thinking about this I thought of a bit of a "modular" bonus system. Getting a new unrelated to previous objectives automatically awards a bonus of X (maybe 3?) and depending on difficulty of target you would get another bonus. So if steal target/kill target was captain it would be a higher bonus than killing a botanist or stealing secret documents.

Edited by SkeletalElite

It'll be nice to see objectives complete in real time. Every antag (for traitor rounds mostly) starts with a primary objective such as hijack or whatever and optional objectives that auto-magically generates a new objective for each one you complete in real time. You are reward TC for each optional objective complete and can go on and on, but failing an optional objective doesn't penalize you for not completing it. Only the Primary Objective is what you need to complete. It'll keep the chaos going for the entire round =D.

Edited by Jovaniph

1 hour ago, Urlance Woolsbane said:

For what it's worth, emagging a fax-machine lets you message the Syndicate and ask for more objectives. The admins should generally give you them. Heck, Khar got hijack this way once.

Well most player who fax the syndicate (admin) do it to get the hijack objective. I don't really have to explain the reason, but in short, they want to murderbone.

Just a random thought. What about an objective that once completed gives you TC then triggers a new set of objectives. Say like faxing blueprints or secret docs or a high level id card from a target to the syndicate. Would be 5-8 crystals enough to get 1 or more useful items extra.

Or even make this optional for traitors if they get bored

E.x

Obejective 1: steal secret documents, escape with or send for mission update.

So the antag has a choice if they finish objectives early this can give them 1-2 more

Edited by apneaman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use