The Chaplain, Wizards, Vampires, and Cults. Also Devil.

Jared12100

Basically the chaplain should be buffed I think. The easiest way I can think of is changes to the chaplain himself and holy water. Personally i think that TG has the right idea. So i'll link how the chaplain effects cults, wizards, and vampires there.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Chaplain

The gist of it is that holy water can stop jaunting, the chaplain is immune to most wizard magic, all cult magic, and in a 6 tile radius around him vampires and wizards can't cast any spells. of course you might think that makes the chaplain overpowered as shit. But this really only impacts a select few situations as well as makes the chaplain more useful beyond just "chaplain we need holy water okay bye"

Also. The gamemode Devil from TG should be added too. It makes the librarian actually useful and the mode in general is good for RP.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Devil

Considering the Chaplain has already been given far too much mechanical power imo, they don't need more. The other RP-based roles need more love, Psychiatrist and Librarian.

• Like 1

The only buff Chaplain needs is Tacticool Turtleneck.

Could also benefit from a s̶e̶x̶y̶ nun assistant to E̶RP with when things are slow.

Edited by ZN23X

24 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

The only buff Chaplain needs is Tacticool Turtleneck.

Could also benefit from a s̶e̶x̶y̶ nun assistant to E̶RP with when things are slow.

Both in game and outta game you're never far away eh? Well if the gods weren't shitters then maybe. Honk.

4 hours ago, Jared12100 said:

Basically the chaplain should be buffed I think.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

While that is perfectly suited to /tg/ station, I'm sure, it is not for Paradise. Ideally, though this is not the norm as of late, the chaplain is giving sermons, counseling lost souls, gathering followers and generally serving as an RP-starter. This has been derailed by giving them a custom melee weapon round-start paired with a crusader-themed riot suit, with no real standards being held to them. Honestly, I'd like to see a hell of a lot more job-bans for valid-hunting as a chaplain or similar RP-based role. You are there to aid security in deconversions or other ceremonies and help erase runes. Stomping through maint with a holy sword seeking antags runs counter to what they are there for.

Now, allow me to take a step back and acknowledge this is not directly related to what you are proposing. Still, it makes the chaplain much more of a combat role, or at least in direct support to combat.

The Devil gamemode is a very interesting concept however, but probably best kept an adminbus thing, as opposed to being in regular rotation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SomeGuy9283 said:

The Devil gamemode is a very interesting concept however, but probably best kept an adminbus thing, as opposed to being in regular rotation.

While I more or less agree with everything else... I question this statement.
Why precisely should it be a bus only event instead of a legitimate antagonist? It's one of the few antags not out to stab everyone in the liver and turn the world into a murderboner festival.

9 minutes ago, Dinarzad said:

While I more or less agree with everything else... I question this statement.
Why precisely should it be a bus only event instead of a legitimate antagonist? It's one of the few antags not out to stab everyone in the liver and turn the world into a murderboner festival.

Well, at least until we've tested it enough I guess. I just wouldn't want to drop it in regular rotation just to find out it's a steaming pile of sh*t.

Edited by SomeGuy9283
spelling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use