HoP guide

CPTCoffee

I tried playing HoP once. Once. I had the wiki open hoping that it would have any sort of information other than what was located in the HoP office, but nothing. Is there someone out there who can create a decent HoP guide for the Wiki?

5 hours ago, CPTCoffee said:

I tried playing HoP once. Once. I had the wiki open hoping that it would have any sort of information other than what was located in the HoP office, but nothing. Is there someone out there who can create a decent HoP guide for the Wiki?

Challenge Accepted, gimme bout a week

• Like 2

As for my advice, I suggest paperwork. It's easy to use and keep track of. Use your judgement, and don't hire yet another clown. Fax Central Command if someone is requesting a karma job, such as blueshield or mechanic. Ask heads if they need more staff.

Shameless plug to paperwork here.

And do note, as a non antag, it is griefing if you open multiple clown slots.

Perhaps this is a little off topic but can you explain how opening more clown slots is griefing? Service is the HoP's department and surely they should be allowed to hire more clowns if they want. I know a lot of people who play clown just act like morons barely above greytide but shouldnt you be blaming them and not the HoP? If they do act up the HoP should demote them anyways. (I know I've done this to shit clowns. Security is often more than happy to bring the clowns ID in) Also if it is considered griefing how come multiple times I've seen admins increase the slots for all jobs and make an announcement from CC saying it includes clowns and mimes. I'd just like additional clarification on this matter as I feel like HoP has enough restrictions on what they can do already which can make it feel like a pretty powerless job sometimes.

23 minutes ago, MickyD47 said:

Perhaps this is a little off topic but can you explain how opening more clown slots is griefing? Service is the HoP's department and surely they should be allowed to hire more clowns if they want. I know a lot of people who play clown just act like morons barely above greytide but shouldnt you be blaming them and not the HoP? If they do act up the HoP should demote them anyways. (I know I've done this to shit clowns. Security is often more than happy to bring the clowns ID in) Also if it is considered griefing how come multiple times I've seen admins increase the slots for all jobs and make an announcement from CC saying it includes clowns and mimes. I'd just like additional clarification on this matter as I feel like HoP has enough restrictions on what they can do already which can make it feel like a pretty powerless job sometimes.

I wouldn't consider it griefing, it's just something that's tactless and you shouldn't at all be surprised about getting immediately fired.

I still think my best thing I did as the HoP was access a security console and change everyone's job role to clown, so everyone on the crew manifest read "Clown" for job. Why increase job slots, when you can just force people to be clowns? Honk.

23 hours ago, LightFire53 said:

As for my advice, I suggest paperwork. It's easy to use and keep track of. Use your judgement, and don't hire yet another clown. Fax Central Command if someone is requesting a karma job, such as blueshield or mechanic. Ask heads if they need more staff.

Shameless plug to paperwork here.

And do note, as a non antag, it is griefing if you open multiple clown slots.

Some questions the wiki did not answer:

• If the department does not answer to your PDA or over command channel for a request to hire new personnel, what do you do in that situation? 
  • How many new slots can you open per department?
  • If one of the heads turns out to be a traitor or something of the sort, do you have to ask command in hiring a new acting head? I know to do background check, but only because I've watched as Ian. 
  • What is the protocol for someone who has lost their ID? If they were dead for a short period of time, does that change anything? Is there a way to terminate the first ID if it was stolen?
  • When people get issued new IDs, should you also ask for the PDAs so that you can update with the new ID card?
  • How do you make announcements from your desk? I only saw the big megaphone and that JUST MAKES YOUR VOICE DO THIS!
  • Where is the spare ID kept and is there an SOP on using it?
  • How do you actually rename someone? I renamed on their ID card, but when they talked it said: GUYS NAME (AS THIS NAME) said this. How do you make it their permanent name?
  • Is it frowned upon to make up custom job names for civilians? I know some servers don't like it, but...

21 minutes ago, CPTCoffee said:

• If the department does not answer to your PDA or over command channel for a request to hire new personnel, what do you do in that situation? 
  • If one of the heads turns out to be a traitor or something of the sort, do you have to ask command in hiring a new acting head? I know to do background check, but only because I've watched as Ian. 
  • What is the protocol for someone who has lost their ID? If they were dead for a short period of time, does that change anything? Is there a way to terminate the first ID if it was stolen?
  • When people get issued new IDs, should you also ask for the PDAs so that you can update with the new ID card?
  • How do you make announcements from your desk? I only saw the big megaphone and that JUST MAKES YOUR VOICE DO THIS!
  • How do you actually rename someone? I renamed on their ID card, but when they talked it said: GUYS NAME (AS THIS NAME) said this. How do you make it their permanent name?
  • Is it frowned upon to make up custom job names for civilians? I know some servers don't like it, but...

You make announcements from the little green console on the wall. Custom titles are fine as long as they're reasonable. Spare ID is the captains. It must stay secure according to SOP. Lot of captains give it to HoS or BS

Edited by SkeletalElite

2 hours ago, CPTCoffee said:

I'll try to answer as best I can as I'm on my phone right now.

If the head doesn't respond then use your own judgement. If the head isn't responding to you it might be wise to get the captain to look into it. They should at least me communicating regarding their department.

You can open as many slots are you want within reason. Ideally ask the head first if they want more slots opened. Clown is an exception and I'd seek ahelp first if you want to make more clowns.

Typically this scenario should be handled by the Captain. New heads should be hired from within the department itself and again use your own judgement. Have they been a head before? How well do they know the job? Etc. Get the Captain's permission before hiring an acting head.

I'm not 100% sure regarding this and SoP but I tend to just replace the ID. If it's a high risk ID such as security or a head then step with caution and make sure you can verify it's the right person and how the old one was lost.

Announcements are done via the green screen on the wall.

The HoP doesn't have a spare ID but you can create one for making the computer a bit easier to use. Just don't leave it inside.

You can't rename them. You can rename their ID but unless they take further steps themselves it'll still be "Their name (as the new name)"

You can make custom job names for civilians as long as it's within the server rules of course. Again use your own judgement. "Assassin, Traitor, Pimp" etc is obviously treading a dangerous path.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use