A 'busy' icon

Anticept

Problem: People bump you.

Solution: A simple icon, maybe an hourglass, that shows to everyone else when you're working on a timed task so they know NOT TO BUMP INTO YOU.

And what if I'm trying to break out of my cuffs?

There's too many snowflake calls on this for things you genuinely don't want people to see you're doing.

Progress bars are hidden specifically to prevent people from intentionally knowing to interrupt (ie: stealth handcuffing/unbuckling/etc). As pointed out by a few here--this is, unfortunately, likely to lead to more harm than good.

Alright, good points, so a new approach then: performing an action prevents you from being shoved (anchoring). If you REALLY need to get past someone who is in the middle of something, disarm to interrupt, trigger a momentary cool down before that person can continue working. The other person gets a message "They are working, go around or shove through them!"

Certain actions like breaking cuffs won't anchor.

We could just make some stuff give you a small spinning hourglass icon tied to the proc that creates the bars.

Of course, not all actions need to make that appear - escaping out of handcuffs, pickpocketing and others could not show the icon.

We could just make some stuff give you a small spinning hourglass icon tied to the proc that creates the bars.

Of course, not all actions need to make that appear - escaping out of handcuffs, pickpocketing and others could not show the icon.

Yeah, it's goin to be a great "neat" feature. (if added)

The issue with this is there are a lot of context specific actions where you don't want people to know what you're doing. Currently, if I'm doing something and someone runs in, they have no clue what I'm doing until I finish that current action. (Say welding, or wrenching a wall).

This change would make people immediately aware you're performing an action. The only thing I could honestly see this would be good for is the timer on applying splints or using a welder/cable coil on yourself.

The issue with this is there are a lot of context specific actions where you don't want people to know what you're doing. Currently, if I'm doing something and someone runs in, they have no clue what I'm doing until I finish that current action. (Say welding, or wrenching a wall).

This change would make people immediately aware you're performing an action. The only thing I could honestly see this would be good for is the timer on applying splints or using a welder/cable coil on yourself.

Not all actions are going to show (Uncuffing/Cuffing,Unbuckling... etc..) ,

And if you wear a mask (with no ID) no actions are goin to show!

I'm sure, realistically speaking, someone is going to see you welding a wall down or applying a splint. Those are actions we may not be able to visually see in game, but in reality we don't commit action just standing still when eating food or performing surgery. We have to move our arms and legs to do stuff. I do like the idea, just not for everything like removing handcuffs, etc.

I really don't think it's an issue. A minor annoyance maybe but just something that has to be dealt with, usually in the form of moving away from busier areas.

It's actually quite an annoying thing, and sometimes an important issue because we're busy trying to seal walls up as engineers, and people walk right into us. It happens regularly.

I'd prefer my later idea of anchoring and preventing people from walking through unless they force it.

What if it worked on examine within a certain range depending on the object or something. Stealthier actions would require you to be closer to see what they're doing, and more overt actions could be seen on examine from farther.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use