Continuous movement without keeping the button pressed

JWaffles

Press-once-to-keep-walking button (speech while moving and so on)  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings.

Since I've started playing on this server, one thing annoys the hell out of me: there is no button that, once pressed, will keep you walking in one direction.

Essentially you cannot talk while moving (surprise, you'd need to loose the movement button), which is something (I believe) we should have. You cannot look into your PDA, so on so on. When there's somebody running at you, you cannot even yell at them to keep the distance, you'll get fucked for spending so much time typing instead of running.

This feature should be easy to code, as far as I'm concerned, so even if a limited group of people request such thing, perhaps we'll get it in.

Edited by Guest

I think this is a genius idea that I'm shocked has never been suggested before.

Not being able to walk and talk is one of the biggest problems with ss13.

You technically can walk and talk, just not with the speech bubble showing that you are typing, and you will need to type with one hand, more or less, disable hotkey mode, walk with the arrow keys, use the command line to write: say "So, what about ..." Typing like that feels a bit awkward, but doable.

How would this work? I can't think of a way to make it look nice. A verb? An action button?

I don't really see the need for the button, but I wouldn't mind it if we could implement it cleanly.

Shift move...makes sense for sure.

This would just be so great for so many things though that I'd love it to exist. Someone should just get a PR up for it ASAP and we can flesh out that shit there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use