Mute OOC at the start of every round.

Spacemanspark

Not even memeing.

Way too many cases of IC in OOC recently and it's hitting a point where I seriously think this should be considered.

Not just that, but damn the amount of salt and toxic discussion in it is also a bit ridiculous.

dunno, OOC is sometimes fun, and you can always mute it for yourself...

Maybe just allow admins to mute their OOC for such actions (I know admins can do that, but just update the guidelines)

You can mute it for yourself, yes, but that doesn't stop the IC in OOC issue remotely.

That, and, at least at the present time, people sometimes ask questions in OOC instead of using the mentorhelp feature. As a mentor, I keep it on just to handle such occasions.

OOC is good for discussing things and usually discussion of the previous round spills over into the next. I would rather just see stronger sanctions on IC on OOC such as long OOC mutes of the specific offenders. Most people are able to use OOC chat just fine so I don't see why we should all lose out because of a small number of people who think talking about the current round is acceptable.

I don't know what timeslot you play on but start of round IC in OOC is something I rarely if ever see, and that is usually just a newbie asking for help. Most round start OOC I see is discussing previous rounds or something entirely different.

Regardless, muting OOC because of a few people would be putting us inline with CM, no fun allowed. -1

Move OOC to F6 or other keybinding, so it is not near F3 (say)

Actually the thing I usually fall foul of (fortunately so far I notice before it's too late) is the O key in hotkey mode is OOC chat.

+100 to this

I've wanted this for eons. I know there's the whole "just mute OOC yourself" argument, but this invariably leads to missing out on relevant information when it is discussed because you have OOC muted.

Goonstation and CM have this both, and it helps people focus on the round more, cuts down on IC in OOC, and prevents it from being used as a chat program.

We have an army of mentors, already, to answer questions people have, and we have a public easy-to-access Discord if you want to chat it up with people.

I will say that we should have one caveat though; LOOC should still function, even with OOC muted.

OOC is good for discussing things and usually discussion of the previous round spills over into the next. I would rather just see stronger sanctions on IC on OOC such as long OOC mutes of the specific offenders. Most people are able to use OOC chat just fine so I don't see why we should all lose out because of a small number of people who think talking about the current round is acceptable.
dunno, OOC is sometimes fun, and you can always mute it for yourself...

I'd be okay with this, if OOC only muted on roundstart (not lobby), and unmuted at the end of round.

I am of course biased, because OOC made a meme out of me. :(

I personally VERY rarely see antags asking for help in ooc, in my two years of playing here, Ive seen it about 5 times. As for people asking for help in OOC, usually people just redirect them to Mentor help, without someone redirecting them, they may not find it, as mentor help is kinda hard to find, as people would just assume Adminhelp is for player complaints. so -1.

There's an OOC Mute button if it is getting salty or vitriolic.

There's also a world of difference between Salty IC in OOC ("FUCK YOU HOS, I WAS INOCENT!") and IC in OOC from someoen that is clueless ("im vampire pls halp" who simply don't know mentors and mentor help even exists. It's not something many servers have in the same way we do, at least nto that I've ever seen.

IF Mentors got their own dedicated 'mentorhelp' button I'd be swayed into indifference or possible support, but right now it being part of adminhelp, it's sort of a hard to find feature unless you already know it exists, the name implies you're contacting an admin not that you have a choice of who to talk to.

I'd be okay with this, if OOC only muted on roundstart (not lobby), and unmuted at the end of round.

That's exactly what's being proposed; there would be an exception to LOOC; it would likely still be allowed.

That's exactly what's being proposed; there would be an exception to LOOC; it would likely still be allowed.

So we are literally going to become Colonial "No Fun" Marines?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use