|Suggestions Major Overhaul|

dadols

Do you think we need it?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We require 3 New Sub-Forums Denied / Accepted / Awaiting for Approval .

Currently we`ve 2000+ Open Suggestions,

Lot o` Useful Suggestions get lost overtime.

Consider the following questions when posting your Opinion:

• - What do you think about it?

- Do you like IPCs?

Suggestions are never this clear-cut. Almost every single time the initial PR for every single feature is coded by a single person who will make a large amount of changes to the code anyway.

If we were to implement this, who even would be in charge of saying whether a suggestion is "good" or "bad"?

The suggestion forum is supposed to be an idea mine for everyone who wants to contribute to our code, not any specific roadmap of features we're going to implement.

I think we should instead divide it into sub-classes.

- Suggestion for RACES

- Suggestion for JOBS

- Suggestion for QUALITY OF LIFE

- Suggestion for ANTAGMODES

- Suggestion for BUFFS / DEBUFFES

This would bring order to the chaos, and older threads could not be forgotten so easily, after 2d ays and on page 2.

The suggestion forum is supposed to be an idea mine for everyone who wants to contribute to our code, not any specific roadmap of features we're going to implement.

But it could be a roadmap for features we wish, and so a Coder could look at it, say i like this and this and start coding/ spriting....

a Coder could look at it, say i like this and this and start coding/ spriting....

That's literally what it is right now.

Coders are already overworked as it is and most of them already have long lists of things they want to work on personally.

I'd support dividing the forum into subforums based on the general category of the suggestion, just as you proposed. Would make it much easier to search through when you don't know what to work on.

The Main Problem is that suggestions get forgotten too fast,

Admins are going to choose... They`re gonna move the suggestion in awaiting for approval and then Coders are going do decide to code it or not.

Good Suggestion > Awaiting for Approval > Accepted

Bad Suggestion > Denied

Nice Suggestion but too much stuff going on > Awaiting for Approval > Denied.

At the moment there`s too much chaos going on in the Suggestion Forum.

Splitting up the suggestions forum will just reduce the visibility of threads within it.

It would require someone to manage it, and achieve nothing.

Splitting up the suggestions forum will just reduce the visibility of threads within it.

It would require someone to manage it, and achieve nothing.

Now, that I think about it, you`re right... Just close this suggestion then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use