Expanding Maintenance.

Guest FlareVi

Guest FlareVi

Heyo.

I've been mapping out ideas and all for maintenance, trying to give it a little more diversity and cool little areas for people to murder hang out in.

One of the problems I see is that Assistants/Civvies and Traders don't really get to do much in a round, when it's choc-a-block full of people, so I wanted to map out a few areas where they could set up shops, man posistions, roleplay, murder, et cetera.

I've worked in the somewhat slightlly contained space we have in maintenance, and came up with a few locations.

Traders:

Abandoned Shop

Screenshot:

af7df2d162.png

Purpose: Can be manned/used by Traders should they want to avoid collecting a large amount of materials to make their own shop in maintenance.

Items: Contraband Spawners X3 (Probably gonna reduce that.), Random Tools.

Description: An old run-down shop that is seemingly abandoned.

Tide-N-Dine

Screenshot:

9a555dade2.png

Purpose: Trading Shop/Diner in maintenance. Gives engineers/traders/civvies something to fix up when they are bored.

Items: Medical Wardrobe, Chef's Closet, 3 Vending Machines and a Microwave + Blender.

Description: Looks like a run-down chain-diner.

Civilians/Clowns/Mime:

Abandoned Noir Office

Screenshot

38721ec2ee.png

Purpose: A place to play Detective, just without all the nifty computer-stuff. Clowntective/Mimetective/Assistantectives unite.

Items: Noir Glasses, Detective Hat and Trenchcoat, Paper, Whiskey, Smokes and a Black Zippo, Assorted Junk, Camera and a Capgun.

Description: There he was, sitting infront of me. His mask said it all, his face was featureless, silent and watching. I knew this guy and he knew me, the sorta guy you'd send to make all your troubles go away. Yet, here he was in my office, acting out his requests for help. It was almost ironic, the mute man knew just what he wanted, all I wanted was my banana split. Maintenance never brings in the good people, but at the end of the day, who is a good man?

Artist's Block.

Screenshot:

988bf5a639.png

Purpose: The dodgiest place in maintenance to start your art career.

Items: Easels, Canvases, Art Vendor.

Description: Beat the devil outta it.

Exploring/Adventure

Abandoned Botanical Area

Screenshot:

98d3d47a66.png

Purpose: Unique Area/Overgrown Maintenance, Also good for growing plants drugs

Items: Botanical Crate, Coin, Broken Glass and a Pod Book.

Description: An overgrown botanical area, full of plant life.

Random/Assorted:

Abandoned Bar Bathrooms

Screenshot:

f646e0aa2f.png

Purpose: To go to the toilet order your traitor gear/absorb that guy. I always found it weird how there isn't a toilet next to a bar.

Items: None.

Description: It's a rundown bathroom.

Destroyed Area.

Screenshot:

829efb8544.png

Purpose: Loot.

Items: Contraband and random junk.

Description: N/A.

Anyway, just a few ideas and all that jazz.

I'd like to here some opinions, criticism, whether people would even want this and all that.

At the end of the day, I'm just trying to make Maint a lil bit more interesting and givin' people more things to do than getting pissed in the bar.

pls.

'm pretty good with all these, I think they just need a tiny bit of tweaks.

Mostly being, not silver doors. Stands out awkwardly and I could see science nerds running around deconstructing them all for free silver at round start.

Normal airlocks, glass airlocks or wooden doors would be preferable.

But in either case +1

Guest FlareVi

Wooden doors have silver sprites for some reason. They are actually made of wood. Thanks for the feedback so far

Guest FlareVi

Update Two:

Noir Office:

d29edb5648.png

• -Updated it to make a look a lot more shitty/rundown with decals, broken tiles, et cetera.

- Added to the Maintenance Area so an APC should now work with it to power doors/computers/death.

- Added various construction elements, such as the APC and APC Circuit Board.

- "Detective" Dorm Body Room

- Added additional items and a closet.

- Corgi Plushie and a Mouse added.

- Decals added, such as blood. Which is white for some reason.

Abandoned Botanical Area 2:

c6372261af.png

Purpose: To grow plants and harbour life, overgrown area to the maintenance.

Items: Rock, Botanical Crate, Bucket, Poster, Botanical Gloves, Coins.

Description: An abandoned one-was botanical research area on the Cyberaid, now overgrown.

Artist's Block:

1d8f35c029.png

- Added pretty paintings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use