NXS Klapaucius

NethIafin

Do you like this idea?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So for half a year now we have large influx of new and wonderful (for most part) people. Some of them are new, but most of them have same issue across the board - no job slots. When I looked at this situation an idea was born, and if you know me for some time at least, there is a good chance that you heard this idea from me.

A Second Station. No, not a second server. A Second Station.

Before you read this any further you need to understand one thing. This project is likely to be ENORMUS. It will consume a lot of time and brainpower. So only if there is a vast majority in agreeing with this idea, only then all this can be slowly added to the server. So... well, you decide if all this worth anything.

Station itself:

NXS Klapaucius will be located at the current construction site location (engineering z-level). Actually, that construction site IS NXS Klapaucius in its beginnings. It has engineering division (4 people and own CE), Atmospherics (2 people), Cargo (2 people, no QM), two janitorial closets (2 janitors in total), kitchen, bar, botany (2 people), Security (4 officers, local warden as a local HoS), Medical (6 medics and own CMO, NO chemistry, NO virology), NO SCIENCE. (you will see why soon)

Also it will have bridge at the north-most point and a separate AI near bridge. AI will be described later.

Engines used are two turbines and a TEG (all of them are set up except for gas pressure and other related stuff). As support the station will also have 2 large solar arrays (each solar array is like 1.5 on Cyby)

Station will take around 1/5th of the z-level space and will be elongated (look at construction site, station will have same form)

Maintenance is only 1-2 tiles wide with NO items and no backrooms. NT understood the mistakes they made in NSS Cyberiad and how often the maints are used for shady activities. All main cables and piping are going thru maints. Corridors are completely free of any piping and wiring.

The station inside has a main corridor, that starts at the bottom with engineering dept and ends on top with bridge. All other departments are to the sides of this 6-7 tile wide corridor. In the dead center of the station, there is a garden with benches and the corridor becomes more wide here to accommodate this small park.

Security has 4 cells, no permabrig and no armory. Warden has special locker with some amount of e-guns.

Station will have constant shuttles from it to Cyby and back. Shuttles will come and go each 2 minutes

WHY?:

This station serves two (maybe more, if you consider additional) points:

1) Nurturing place for new people. Less dangers, less potential for grief (no chemistry no science), less impact on job fails (turbine/TEG compared to singulo/tesla). Truly place to learn basics.

2) Solve the issue with high pop rounds

What will be different?:

It won’t have any science stuff and no chemistry stuff.

Cargo will have to order their goods thru Cyberiad’s cargo (Cyberiad will have another shuttle in cargo, that will deliver goods to Klapaucius. This will give additional work for Cargo Techs on Cyberiad, and will make CT on Klapaucius a pretty easy and basic job.

Medications and hi-tech stuff have to be delivered from Cyberiad thru cargo.

AI on station will be able to interact only with Klapaucius and station will have its own camera network, accessible by Cyberiad’s command, but not vice versa.

The Chain of Command on this station is fully under Cyberiad’s control. Although Cyby command cannot directly influence the Klapaucius command (by assuming control), the later station has to have pretty good reasons not to do what Cyberiad command tells them to do.

NT will easily destroy Klapaucius IF Cyberiad wellbeing depends on this.

You will pick on what station what roles you want. New players may be limited for a day or a week to this station.

What will happen to modes?:

Klapaucius is valued to be outside Cyberiad with all respective consequences (disk, revs, etc.)

Traitor and ling won’t change at all.

Nukies can ignore Klapaucius. Disk WILL be lost if captain of Cyberiad tries to move it to Klapaucius.

Blob – NT can blam the Klapaucius if that is needed. You don’t even have to arm the nuke. BLAM and station is gone, with blob on it.

Shadowlings – unchanged. Shadowlings can ascend on the Klapaucius, but they will be BLAMMED right before they ascend. You guessed it… with whole station

Possible Questions

Q: Can I griff on this station?

A: No, rules still apply in full, both OOC rules (aka Server Rules) and IC rules (for breaking them you go to jail).

Q: This station looks like complete nightmare for traitor. Why?

A: I envision many ways you can kill people on it, but yes, it will be much more difficult if your target is here. Why? The opposing force (security, and no borgs unless sent by Cyby) is minimal. If there were ways to hide, the entire station can become a murdertrap (which is fun for some). You have to be more agile and have ways to talk yourself in and out of trouble.

Q: You mentioned something about BLAMMING the whole station. How?

A: The captain of Cyberiad can request NAS Trurl to fire the Uber-BSA onto the Klapaucius killing everyone and everything in process. You can guess how up to scrutiny every such request by captain will be.

Additional Ideas:

This will be edited and added. But right now there are few ideas in short format:

- Purgatory – instead of job/time banning someone, we can enforce them for some work on NXS Klapaucius to prove they are worthy. Headban for being stupid and giving full access to clown? Welcome to purgatory. Security ban for harmbaton? Welcome! Permaban for exploding shit? Come right in. BUT YOU CAN’T LEAVE. Until you repent (or continue being shitty as fuck and get legitimately permabanned)

- Station wars – a mode where two stations fight eachother. Obviously Cyberiad has upper hand here… but what if they fight because NXS got help from Syndicate? And they shielded Klapaucius from BLAMMING! OH NO!

Being honest with you, I don’t expect this to fly… but! With your constructive criticism, we can be great! So please!

Edited by Guest

Maybe we should focus on the feature freeze backload first, after it's over, before taking on such a large project such as this.

And as of right now, I don't think we are getting near enough players to justify splitting stations yet.

It'd need a lot of thoughts and looking into of course. An alright idea, but bad timing and all. Not sooo sure about basically giving people a work around to the job bans, nor how you'd properly get it to work for the job selection area. But I'm not a coder and all that, so who knows!

I like the idea, It give new player a space where they can work with other new players and not be stuck with us vet, that can beat in their skulls in very fast, and that I can see it can a great way to test some new feature on small scale 1st before letting it loose on the server.

I'll just copy what I said in Discord! :D

Quote:

"Hmmmm.. o3o I wish I knew more about mapping and stuff. But changing para a bit to help accommodate the larger pop would be amazing. Adding a smaller satellite like station would give the mechanic and pod pilot much more to do. As it stands, the mechanic just builds one ship then ducks into space for the shift to collect them fun toys. Would give science, if the other station didn't have a proper teleporter, something to work towards maybe setting up over there. And some player can be sent, if shit goes south at that station, as a support team. That would open up several things. Teamwork for the players to enjoy outside of small events or nukes and slings/cult and a few chances for antag on both main and secondary station to make moves and be creative."

But yes, to add more to this. I think if something like this idea were to be implemented it needs to be planned and talked about for a while before it's done. Which leads to what was said by Scrub, the backlog of other pull requests will need to be worked on first and can be as this idea here is tweaked and thought out much more extensively!

I dig it, sans the control the Captain of the NSS Cyberiad has over the Klap.

I think while he should be honoured and entreated to certain privileges (much like the NT Rep) his authority on the second station should be "honourary" unless NT directly states otherwise.

Also, change the name to something else otherwise you're going to see gonorrhea jokes 24/7.

Perhaps as a run up to a fully functioning station, just put a 2nd CE and engineer spawn points on this station. Provide engi hardsuits, jetpacks and a SHITTON of materials, including a lot of the tech storage contents. Provide solar array materials and supermatter because FINALLY a place to test that without screwing everyone. And, honestly, I'd delete the entire interior, just make it a large, empty box with an autolathe to start out.

Watch what happens. See how they set things up and use that to inform future designs.

I would support it. Part of the reason many engineers don't like to build on the outpost and instead do dangerous stuff on the station is because nobody will get to see their creations on the current outpost since it is engineer access only. People can build dangerous shit, make their special cliche bar, do whatever on klap island without issues. It might turn into a breeding ground for cultists or something but they could easily be shut down. Even without special BSA or whatever they could send a mech from robotics to fuck their shit up if they won't come peacefully. It might be interesting to see an assault on the second station from armed station members, possibly with a small ERT lead team.

I'm not so sure about this.

It'll help on high pop sure, but it'll also provide a fake sense of security, effectively lowering peoples expectations of how lethal this game is, yet again.

Often we get complaints about hugboxxing the station, how the game has lost it's sense of lethality. This is 100% going to add to it.

This second station might very well enable a split in the community, one half on the cyb where it's still pretty dangerous and shit can go wrong every second and one half on the klap, where people are nice and cooperate.

We'd pull the game in two directions when we should be focusing on heading into one, clear direction.

I don't think it will be that safe considering a larger platform for engineers means more crazy engines that will horribly murder everyone. Or somewhere for atmosians to make plasma fire moats and shit.

All they need is room to work which the current outpost doesn't provide. No one wants to spend 45 minutes building a floor and walls and filling it with air and power only for the round to end soon after without them ever starting their project. But a larger station area they can just start building? That shit is going to turn into either an engineering deathtrap or a haven for antagonists to hide in and a place for cyberaid to send all the toxins bombs and opened supermatter crystals to flush them out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use