Scale Job Slots

Shadeykins

I see no reason not to have this. Some jobs won't scale very well due to map limitations, but a majority of them will. I'm in favor of just a flat increase of job slots, we hit 120 players pretty frequently and the server needs to change to reflect that.

As soon as the freeze ends, I am going to put up a PR that increases job slots.

It will start with jobs which already support many slots (Scientist, Engineer, Medical Doctor, etc) - and thus require little-to-no map changes to support more.

Medical doctor can only support 4 doctors due to equipment limitations--medhuds, gloves, etc.

Engineer can support up to 6 since there's 6 hardsuits available

Scientist is basically limitless

Security is limited to 9 due to gear

Mining limited to 3(?) not sure if there's more on the outpost.

Cargo techs are basically limitless, although ideally 4 should be the max of the max.

Medical doctor can only support 4 doctors due to equipment limitations--medhuds, gloves, etc.

Cargo techs are basically limitless, although ideally 4 should be the max of the max.

There's actually I THINK 2 more Mining suits in the storage room (The room north of the Western airlock.)

Iknow there's lockers in there anyway, I THOUGHT there was hardsuits too, but tbh I may be misremembering. If I'm not though, you could support up to 5 miners.

There's actually I THINK 2 more Mining suits in the storage room (The room north of the Western airlock.)

Iknow there's lockers in there anyway, I THOUGHT there was hardsuits too, but tbh I may be misremembering. If I'm not though, you could support up to 5 miners.

There are six miner lockers in total but only three hardsuits. It would not be hard to build second mining EVA on the left side of the outpost near the outpost medbay and put three more hardsuits here.

Medical equipment problem might be solved by adding more huds to medbay. Doctors rarely ever take anything from the lockers outside defibs anyway.

While jobs like scientist could have incredibly high slots, such would be impractical as it would make antags such as cults who base themselves there have an even stronger foothold, converting all of science/medbay/engineering is already devastating, giving more slots to these departments could prove problematic for conversion antags, thus I find scaling the requirements for these may also be necessary when adding this. Scaling the amount of thralls the shadowlings need to ascend is already a good step forward, and for cult perhaps it requires nine on the rune and X cultists in the world for it to function, then again that's just my two cents. Don't get me wrong, I am all for getting the greytide out of civilian and actually learning roles to contribute to the server.

Make a second station. Relocate some jobs onto it. Cyberiad and this small station will have a shuttle going back and forward. Give that place own engineering, security, support and medical. No science.

This will also give some ideas for new game modes

Make a second station. Relocate some jobs onto it. Cyberiad and this small station will have a shuttle going back and forward. Give that place own engineering, security, support and medical. No science.

This will also give some ideas for new game modes

construction site????

Those suits were removed for some reason. If the HoP hires new miners now, he has to give them EVA suits.

Those suits were removed for some reason. If the HoP hires new miners now, he has to give them EVA suits.

The problem with more mining suits is that whenever some conversion antag makes their way to the asteroid it's free EVA for all their buddies, that's why the research outpost lost half it's stuff.

There are actually already spare suit scattered around the various little outposts, you just need someone to haul them over for you.

Ideally I'd like to see the mostly useless warehouse packed full of semi-randomized spare stuff, like more mining suits.

You could put additionnal mining suits in some kind of secure cargo warehouse, so supply can give them to you. That or simply put 2 more mining hardsuits in EVA, just ask the HoP.

Same thing for engineers. Or perhaps the CE has extras in his backroom. Or just add more hardsuits to the normal storage who cares? If antags get there there will only be 1 or 2 left at BEST, since most are taken by the engineers themshelves

If it's that big a deal why not scale the amount of suits with amount of players/engineers/miners etc.

You could put additionnal mining suits in some kind of secure cargo warehouse, so supply can give them to you. That or simply put 2 more mining hardsuits in EVA, just ask the HoP.

Same thing for engineers. Or perhaps the CE has extras in his backroom. Or just add more hardsuits to the normal storage who cares? If antags get there there will only be 1 or 2 left at BEST, since most are taken by the engineers themshelves

If it's that big a deal why not scale the amount of suits with amount of players/engineers/miners etc.

There are two spare hardsuits in secure storage in engineering already. And one on the outpost + one spacesuit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use