Surgery: Removing Organ Infection

Harrivchaw

I find it odd that the only way to remove an organ infection is to inject spaceacillin, perhaps when we repair the organs using surgery (Organ manipulation, the one that uses a trauma kit), it should also remove infections from said organs, maybe it needs multiple tries on severe cases. I don't know how hard it would be to code, but it'd be cool to see it implemented.

As I've stated before, I'm in favour of removing spaceacillin's ability to deal with serious infections, making those organs require transplants.

Keep your hands clean and wear your gloves, that should also be clean. Wash them before and after every operation. If you are tired of injecting spacecillin then, unless they changed it, you can wash the organ in the sink to wash off the infections...somehow...anyway yeah the act of transplanting organs is kind of a dead practice since they can all be fully healed faster than transplanting....the only exception may be a heart with a patient stuck going in and out of crit/dead.

As I've stated before, I'm in favour of removing spaceacillin's ability to deal with serious infections, making those organs require transplants.

That would negate it's entire purpose then, might as well remove it.

Having sterilizine offer immunity/prevent infections while it's in a patient would probably make it useful, since it would save doctors time. At .4 metab rate that would make a 50u pill last 125 seconds, or just over 2 minutes.In terms of balance I wouldn't even mind seeing the metab rate for the chem reduced a bit further, to .1 or .2 making a 6u pill last for a minute.

Having sterilizine offer immunity/prevent infections while it's in a patient would probably make it useful, since it would save doctors time. At .4 metab rate that would make a 50u pill last 125 seconds, or just over 2 minutes.In terms of balance I wouldn't even mind seeing the metab rate for the chem reduced a bit further, to .1 or .2 making a 6u pill last for a minute.

In all the time I have done Surgery I have not seen that drug ever used, I saw Incision Management Systems and maybe a tube of Nanopaste before that. Most of the meds that get focused on are things like Silver Sulf, Synthflesh, Mannitol, Mutadone, Styptic Powder (earlier on), and various drugs like Oculine if we have people welding shit.

It's not used because it currently does nothing. According to the notes it was supposed to be used in surgery to help prevent infections but it was never fleshed out and given a function, so unless you want to RP and splash an inert and useless chemical on someone under the knife it won't do anything. Hence the suggestion to give it an actual use.

That would negate it's entire purpose then, might as well remove it.

No.

It could still be used on mild infections, I don't quite think you understand how long it takes to get a serious infection.

Mild -> Mild+ -> Mild++ -> Septic

It takes about thirty minutes of repeated "oh god you're dying" messages to be ignored to get a serious infection.

Either way, medical doesn't need any buffs whatsoever - if anything it should be much easier to die and medical's job should be much harder because presently it's trivial.

Game should be harder, not easier.

The game is already hard, there's only so much spaceacillin as there is and it gets used up quickly if we've got incompetent MDs which is pretty regular. I don't get this desire to take a shit on peoples heads and telling them to enjoy it.

i'm in favour of making organ transplants the way to go for heavy infection stuff. it will add a bit of depth to search for an organ donor or ofcourse you could just get the organ from the shifty looking coronor who always seems to have some to spare... weird....

People would just start getting human'd monkeys and cheese it.

How is it cheesy getting humanized monkey organs? It's legit, quicker and better than finding a donor.

People would just start getting human'd monkeys and cheese it.

How is it cheesy getting humanized monkey organs? It's legit, quicker and better than finding a donor.

It isn't.

I prep humanized monkeys for surgical procedures all the time.

It's just a shame transplantation literally has no purpose.

Growing organs is starting to be possible now, or at least in the near future. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible to grow organs on a big expensive science space station 500 something years in the future. What I'm saying is that using humanized monkeys for transplants is/should be just a part of the spessman universe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use