Forensic System from Bay12

FireFlashie

I think some kind of database would be neat. You put scanner inside and store data from it here. And then you can run "consolidation mode" to find matching data. But that thing would be a addition to existing one and very optional.

If this is the absolutely ass backwards system with metric fuckloads of unecessary and useless extra steps just for shit and giggles?

It's actually worse than what we had before.

Before you had your scanner and you would scan stuff take it back to your computer, consolidate+isolate data then print it out.

This is like the old system only now you have to use swabs, microscopes, luminol, and so on and so forth. So it's even more complex and time consuming than before.

As much as I enjoy pointless busy work, I am not taking a Forensics degree for a reason, and would love not to have to do actual forensics labwork because someone stole a knife.

Forensic additions could be nice for me. So industrious detective could gather even more information of he want to. Like finding the spot where was the blood but was washed out e.t.c. It also would be neat have optional fingerprint cards, you can attach to your case files for more RP.

And honestly it would be better if forensic scanner would not magicaly tell what gloves and clothes criminal wore. Goon system is more fun for that matter. Scanner detect different fibers instead, so instead "insulated gloves) there will be "rubber fibbers" or something. Combat gloves would leave "high quality synthetic fiber". Scanning the respectful object would also expose its content, so if you are not sure that fibers could be left but that piece of clothes - you scan it.

I don't know if I would want things like "there was blood here, but it was washed away". It's already pretty difficult for a criminal to get away with murder, it has to be occasionally possible.

I loved the forensics code from Bay, but it was featured on a server that was more about roleplay than greentext so I'm not sure how it would work out here, fast results are kind of key here. Also, not saying all of the detectives but I do feel Bay's forensic system might be... too much for some of the detectives?

We could probably make it so that syndisoap completely removes blood, so that not even the Luminol from BayForensics can uncover it, or maybe any kind of soap that's not just space cleaner or water.

Given that most detectives don't even case a scene, take photographic evidence, bag evidence, or view/request autopsy reports...

And given that most antags already don't even wash the blood off themselves, let alone from a crime scene...

This seems a bit much, and just punishes antagonists who go out of their way to be crafty/cover their tracks.

Bay can afford to have such a complex system because:

1) They have longer rounds;

2) They are a lot more focused on RP than mechanical gameplay;

3) Their crime rate is 1-2 crimes per round

Their system would NEVER work here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use