Old R&D: A Furbeasts guide to R&D in 10 minutes or less.

Xantholne

I've gone ahead after about a year and updated this to my personal Research and Development routine. With this you won't require more Acid and can finish by 12:10 Station time if you know what to do first at round start.

At Round Start you should hurry over to R&D if you havn't spawned there, grab a screwdriver, and wirecutters and cut/mend every wire until you cut the wire controlling the blue light. Once you have that done, make yourself at the Autolathe a Flamethrower, Industrial Welder, Hemostat, and a 10mm ammo box. Then grab the Analyzer from the toolbox you perviously had. This should be all you will need from it or anywhere else.

Basic Capacitor    (Power 1)

Micro Manipulator    (Data 1 Material 1)

Basic Micro Laser    (Magnets 1)

High-Capacity power cell    (Power 2)

Flamethrower    (Combat 1 Plasma 1)

Analyzer    (Engineering 1)

Industrial Welder (Plasma 2 Material 2) 

Tracking beacon    (Bluespace 1)

Hemostat    (Biotech 1)

Reagent Scanner (Biotech 2 Magnets 2)

3 Super-Capacity Power Cell (Power 5)

Personal AI Device    (Data 2)

Weld Gas Mask         (Material 2)

Advanced Matter Bin    (Material 3)

Welding Shield Implant    (Biotech 3 Material 4)

Super Matter Bin    (Material 5)

High-Power Micro-Laser    (Magnets 3)

Advanced Reagent scanner (Magnets 4)

PACMAN    (Data 3 Engineering 3 Plasma 3)

Cryotube Board    (Data 4 Engineering 4)

10mm Ammo box    (Combat 2)

Large Grenade     (Combat 3)

At this time you should make a Rapid Part Exchange Device (RPED), Three Pico Manipulators, One Super Matter Bin, And One High-Power Micro-Laser.

Run down to Cargo, screwdriver open their Ore Redemption Machine (ORM) And used the RPED on it, then screw driver it shut. Head back to R&D, and do the exact same thing on the Circuit Imprinter.

SMES Circuit (Engineering 5 Power 5)

Relay Mainframe Circuit (Bluespace 2)

2 Programmable Underloader Board (Data 6)

Radio-Enabled MMI (Biotech 4)

At this point you're done until you get Gold from mining. If you don't want to wait them, either break into Robotics and make a Exosuit Gravity Generator under Exosuit Equipment, or make your own Exosuit Fabricator in R&D.

Telepad Beacon  (Bluespace 3)

Teleportation Station Circuit (Bluespace 4)

Teleportation Hub Circuit (Bluespace 5)

Phasic Scanning Module (Magnets 5)

Triphasic Scanning Module (Magnets 6)

Hyper-Capacity Power Cell (Power 6)

Bluespace Power Cell (Power 7)

Femto Manipulator (Material 6)

Upgrades: At this time you should make a Bluespace RPD (BRPD) and make and atleast, 30 Femto Maipulators, 30 Bluespace Beakers, 30 Triphasic Scanning Modules, 30 Quadratic Capacitors, and 30 Quad-Tulrea Micro-Lasers. Now your first things to upgrade is everything inside of R&D. So just zap all of that, then run over and jump onto the table outside of Robotics and zap their Circuit Imprinter. Now scurry down to Cargo and zap their ORM again. From there it is a simple trip to Medbay to Zap Everything inside of Cloning, cryo pods, and the sleepers. The Brig Physician is also very happy if you'd run up there and zap their sleeper aswell. From there you should head down to xenobiology and zap all of their machines as well and zap the Experimentor. From then everything but Cyborg Rechargers and Mech Charging stations are upgraded. If you feel very generous, bug Robotics or the AI to open it for upgrades; as well as head down to the Mechanic workshop and zap their Spacepod Fabricator.

Increasing beyond "max" tech.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend making styptic patches or saline glucose from the science chemlab before this next part as it WILL do quite a lot of damage to you. To make Styptic Powder, make Sulhpuric Acid, Aluminum, Hydrogen, Oxygen. Then put them into the chem master and make how ever many patches you want, I recommend at least five 45u patches.

However; a second way to do this while a bit controversial is to make a bluespace beaker; and a maxed Portable Chem Dispenser. With it; fill the beaker to 300u of Cryoxadone. (Acetone, Plasma, Cryostylane, and Unstable Mutagen) A drinking glass in the autolathe, and a Rapid Construction Device set to Deconstruct with enough matter. Go to the experimentor; Decon a floor next to the EXPERIMENTOR, keep your internals on, and drinks Cryoxadone whenever you see yourself going past yellow.

To increase Biotech up higher for better implants

Make two Radio Man Machine Interfaces and go to the experimentor which you should upgrade

Sit there and spam the Destroy or Poke on it until it draws life from you.

Put the second one in and repeat said proccess until it draws life from you twice.

Head back to the R&D lab.

Put the first Radio MMI in and then the second

First Radio MMI goes to (Biotech 6)

Second Radio MMI gooes to (Biotech 7)

After that put in a Durand Weapon circuit until it draws life from you repeating the process said earlier.

Durand Weapon Circuit (Combat 6)

Now if you did not have a suspicious toolbox, you can now make Xray laser guns.

Xray Laser gun (Illegal 2)

Xray Laser gun (Illegal 2)

Energy Crossbow again (Illegal 3)

Reviver Implant (Illegal 4)

Take a thermal implant down to the Experimentor, use it until it draws life from you

Thermal Implant (illegal 5)

Now you will have access to all tech items besides a Mech Teleport module which is not as great as it would be believed to be. However if you wish to get it you need to put in a Teleportaiton Hub Circuit and bump that Bluespace up to Level 8. (That means three circuits used in the Experimentor.)

If you have any questions on the guide, please feel free to comment about it, send a forum PM, or message @Xantholne on the Paradise server Discord.

Edited by Xantholne
Updated
  • Like 1

Not that I'm trying to hijack your guide, but hemostat is generally considered better for Bio 1, and for plasma 2 and 3 Freezer boards from the outpost. Also, a stunprod bumps combat up to 2, which is preferable over a 3rd Durand board.

Other than that, good guide. I'm sure new players will appreciate it!

I'll have to try a hemo next time I am doing R&D and see how that rolls, although I did used to go to the outpost for things; since it is likely going to be removed and takes some considerable amount of time to get there, I like to avoid anything from the outpost. Also by the time you do get to durand circuits you most defianately should have upgraded your circuit imprinter by then. Otherwise you'll use your entire first beaker you brought from chemlab

Everyone has their own way of doing RnD nowadays it seems, I tend not to rely on circuits or upgrades. I don't think I hold the record for fastest time, but in general I get it done in around 10 minutes if I'm serious. Granted my material waste is probably pretty high.

Also, I'm a sucker for looting the RnD outpost for all it's worth. I guess it's just a habit from the old RnD system, but even still there's some pretty valuable stuff there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I did not know if this was still up to date since taking a break but after trying it out again with this list it seems that all but maybe? one thing? still went down as it should from start to finish. So it is still accurate

• 3 weeks later...

Had a crack at the new RnD... 

https://media4.giphy.com/media/fDO2Nk0ImzvvW/giphy.gif

No tier 4 upgrades (bluespess) for machines until a miner buys a lazurus injector and gives it to ye. That also means no NV huds until that cause there is no other way to get magnets up enough.

Only way to achieve combat 6 now is by combat shotgun (which is also more expensive in cargo now). 

One thing i do like. Brains (humanoid) act as level 6 (something like that) bio tech. So ye can max biotech with extracting monkey brains.

No logical way to achieve power 6 without xenobio getting yellow slimes and DA one of the recharging batteries.

Seems kinda rushed this change and more options then 1 should be made to get tech levels up. 

Also no experimentor anymore so why not just remove it anyway and leave it a empty room for science to build crap. The maintenance unknown tech crap aint worth it also, since 9/10 times they are useless like magnets 2 or materials 3.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use