Kitchen Mechanics/Features Adjustments

froz-t

Since this thread is for spitballing, it can't hurt to give this forum stuff a shot. Now, I'm doing this at 4am on my phone, so don't expect the highest quality.

There were several changes I saw would be nice fixes, for the better of the Cook.

1) Upgrades for the Deep Fryer:

Pretty self explanatory, all that would be necessary is a Speed Upgrade, likely from microlasers. Whether or not a Matter Bin upgrade could be implemented for more room in the Fryer is debatable. Honestly, I really only need it to be faster.

2) The contraband dispensed from the Kitchen Vendor should be a tad more worthwhile:

Don't get me wrong, the Cleaver is wonderfully lethal, but considering the average cook needs approximately one rolling pin to get the job done, I hardly see how two more are necessary, on top of the other two already available in the vendor. Anything would do, just...not more rolling pins.

3) This will be the touchy one, I'm sure. I'd like for us to be able to deep fry inedible objects again. Now, I know that this has the potential for being exploitable. I talked with some people on the Discord, they mentioned how food wouldn't be an issue when you could just deepfry a copy of WGW. This is definitely true, but what if fried inedible objects had no nutriment in them? That is to say, consuming them would not sustain any hunger, i would solely be for gags and getting rid of items. Obviously, high-risk items would be exempt from this.

4) As an afterthought, real bacon would be a nice addition for a recipe. Maybe I'll add it in a recipe PR I'll never finish, but it bugs me the closest we have is Telebacon.

Yeah, so, those are a few suggestions I'd like to see get off the ground. I'd PR them myself, but I have no coders' experience, no knowledge of using Git, and no influence in this community.

Yeah, make pigs more valuable for cook. Allow to get bacon and pork fat from pigs to cook cracklings and salo(salted pork fat)

Also how about hot drinks cooking? Adding coffee and tea for botany which could be then boiled for different drinks.

Make kitchen into starbucks.

"I want a soy frappuchino mocha dipple fancy-pancy decaf yoga pant espressionionolatterinomemeballsandswagetti uggi boot hipster glasses snifflederp, please!"

"Fucking kill me please, bork bork bork."

McDonalds = McHonkles

Burger King = Burger Captain / Burger CEO?

Jack in the Box = Vox in the Box

Wendy's = ALICE's / LINDA's

Carl's Jr. = Thrall's Sr.

In-N-Out = Arrival-N-Evac

Considering that Head of Personel is in charge of service department - Burger HoP would sound better. And we also know that every good HoP is power greedy bastard.

And McHonkles should have statue of clown and doors with clown access as well - clown can get inside too.

We also need some kind of donut shop with security motive.

You already can make coffee and tea via chemical reactions. Coffee powder and tea powder are both able to be obtained through grinding up coffee and tea from botany, then all you need to do is add water and enjoy your cup of caffeine.

Upgrades to speed for the fryer could be done fairly easily, though I don't want to bring back deepfry-ing anything. People used to do this to stuff like PDAs, tasers, and other limited yet important objects more to cause grief for the owner than any other reason, because it renders it inoperable and is completely irreversible.

The contraband from the kitchen vendor, or rather the entire stock of that vendor, could use a reassessment and updating, I most definitely agree there.

As for the pig: he'll be getting an update in the near-ish future to be less janky looking (skittles already has supplied me with new pig sprites) and more delicious.

FoS, those sprites look great. If you'd oblige me, I'd be more than happy to utilize them, especially to help with ideas for recipes.

As a followup, any chance you'd be willing to help make more sprites for several other recipes? It's intended to be a rather large addition, so I'll need a lot of spriting.

FoS, those sprites look great. If you'd oblige me, I'd be more than happy to utilize them, especially to help with ideas for recipes.

As a followup, any chance you'd be willing to help make more sprites for several other recipes? It's intended to be a rather large addition, so I'll need a lot of spriting.

Make a list of the things you want sprited and I'll see what I can do.

We'll have to see about that, it's going to take a while to figure out all the recipes I'd like to add in. You're completely welcome to make your own additions, but I'm willing to share a link to a form that currently has all recipes I have so far developed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use