Throwing syringes to inject people

CureZen

Currently the only items in the game that can inject people from a distance are syringe guns, which from a realistic stand point is just throwing syringes. Why not let us do that by just... y'know throwing syringes to inject people? Now obviously no one throws as well as an automated machine so for balance sake only make it like a 1/7 chance (listed of the top of my head, not to be taken as the exact example), and regardless of success or not the syringe needle will break on impact. And of course the normal events that might stop you from getting injected, such as an exosuit.

I think it'd be fun, and it's not like chems are any easier to get. Y/N?

Oeh..

Had a argument about throwing syringes with someone. In short... even IRL there is no such thing as a "Syringe gun". Syringes are built sk they need constant force to be applied to the non needle part of it. It will push the liquids thru the needle.

The aspect "throwing" a syringe is very very iffy... for instace ye need to be lucky as fuck to have the syringes needle land into the skin and the throw to have enough force to get the needle atleast half way in. Now the side of this story that will never work, injecting the syringe. As i said before syringe needs constant force to inject all of the liquids. When throwing, there is very little force and the syringe will never inject.

IF this does get merged some how (still a game and such) then think about this. Pneumatic cannon can be loaded with 10 objects and it uses the same "throw" function as normal throw ( right now syringes in the cannon do not inject, act like normal thrown ones). After merge, cannon could be used to inject 150 units of chemicals into someone with an instant..

2 cents!

Oeh..

Had a argument about throwing syringes with someone. In short... even IRL there is no such thing as a "Syringe gun". Syringes are built sk they need constant force to be applied to the non needle part of it. It will push the liquids thru the needle.

The aspect "throwing" a syringe is very very iffy... for instace ye need to be lucky as fuck to have the syringes needle land into the skin and the throw to have enough force to get the needle atleast half way in. Now the side of this story that will never work, injecting the syringe. As i said before syringe needs constant force to inject all of the liquids. When throwing, there is very little force and the syringe will never inject.

IF this does get merged some how (still a game and such) then think about this. Pneumatic cannon can be loaded with 10 objects and it uses the same "throw" function as normal throw ( right now syringes in the cannon do not inject, act like normal thrown ones). After merge, cannon could be used to inject 150 units of chemicals into someone with an instant..

2 cents!

On bay syringe gun syringes need to be modified to be allowed to fire. Special cartridge which need to be attached to syringe and which launch and trigger the syringe when fired and hit. You cant just load syringes inside syringe gun.

Edited by Guest

like anyone uses syringe guns...

But for the argument sake, if you remember the game Team Fortress 2 the is a class named "the medic" and he has a rapid syringe gun that fire poison syringes at enemies for a short distance. The same logic is applied here.

like anyone uses syringe guns...

Syringe guns are to robust as fuck. The basic one, that can load one syringe, might not be soo... robust, but the Rapid syringe gun that holds 6 syringes and fires as fast as ye click is in to the " plox, nerf" levels of robust IF ye have the right mix in them syringes.

But for the argument sake, if you remember the game Team Fortress 2 the is a class named "the medic" and he has a rapid syringe gun that fire poison syringes at enemies for a short distance. The same logic is applied here.

Also work of fiction, there as been multiple theories how the medics "Primary" weapon is unlogical and furthermore useless.

Speaking of works of fiction:

FTL. Artificial gravity. Alien life. Ion rifles. Black holes powering stations. Etc. Etc. Bad argument really.

Balance wise I'm not too sure how good an idea it is. If it's a guaranteed hit that injects most of the chems, that's amazingly powerful. If it's only a chance to do it...then, well, it's a pretty risky move.

Considering how incredibly potent instant injections are (sleepy pen, hypo, fired syringe, shotgun dart), there really doesn't need to be another means of outright murdering a target with a box of syringes.

That being said, if you want a throwing weapon that can carry a chem, why not just use darts dipped in poison that would apply say 5 units. That way, muh immersun is kept intact and you get a not so broken means of applying your chems that could be balanced and gated properly.

Well admittedly the idea first came to me when working in med bay and realizing that to pass syringes to people I was just throwing them at them and I realized in all regard in real life that's a retarded idea. As for public availability, that's kinda the idea. I'm getting real tired of weapons that have a clear point of origin and access. I'd like a round for once where there's at least some QUESTION of what kinda antag you might be facing.

perhaps Wooden darts

that you could craft from wood

and then dip in beakers to get 1-5 units of a chem on them

and then throw or fire them through a blow gun.

Queue the genecist making a metric ton of disability/monkey SEs and running up and down the hall pelting them at people. It'll be like changesting all over again.

This is a terrible idea.

Just no.

Much constructive.

I don't think this is that bad of an idea as long as there is a hilariously low chance of it working. So you can't kill someone by throwing a box of syinges at them but once in a while someone gets lucky in a holy grail moment.

Also this would make people less prone to throwing syringes at each other to pass them as that is obviously a bad idea.

This is a terrible idea.

Just no.

Much constructive.

I don't think this is that bad of an idea as long as there is a hilariously low chance of it working. So you can't kill someone by throwing a box of syinges at them but once in a while someone gets lucky in a holy grail moment.

Also this would make people less prone to throwing syringes at each other to pass them as that is obviously a bad idea.

"Hey, pass that extremely deadly virus syringe would ya"

*dude throws it and it injects you*

"Oops"

Queue the genecist making a metric ton of disability/monkey SEs and running up and down the hall pelting them at people. It'll be like changesting all over again.

I mean theres only a small choice that it'd work. And as with all throw objects, if you have throw active you can catch it.

"Hey, pass that extremely deadly virus syringe would ya"

*dude throws it and it injects you*

"Oops"

This is why you always wear your bio-suit.

I like the idea of poisonable throwing darts, though. If nothing else, they'd make a cool traitor item. Bonus points if you dress up with black shoes, gloves, jumpsuit, and bandanas and pretend you're a ninja. Though, they'd be a bit hard pressed to compete with the dart pistol, that's already a measly 4 tc and pocket-sized.

If it was just a small chance to inject, that removes every non-traitor use that this might have.

You keep taking everything to the extreme. It'll either "Be abused by everyone cause it'll always happen" or "it'll never be used because it can't happen"

I'm not saying it's a reliable method, reliability comes with high risk. Like syndicate weapons. You trade quality for possible anonymity. You can't make decisions like this on whether it will or won't happen. It's just something that CAN happen, with intent or by accident. Which is something this server desperately lacks these days.

I'd like to add that Geneticist SE's are a completely different item from syringes. The SE isn't a fluid, you can't extract and slip it into someone's drink for example. It's an item of it's own.

I am against adding arbitrary chances to actions in order to make them "balanced", because in fact it does the opposite, the action becomes extremly imbalanced. One side will allways feel cheated because it did or did not work without them having any say about it.

I think the abillity to stab someone with a syringe with the downside of wasting some of the content is already a really strong option. So i think ranged attacks should be limted to the syringe gun since it sort of controls your rate of fire and is not as easy to optain and hide as a syringe itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use