Unnerf security inventory space.

Farya

Because lots of people whining about flashbang abuse by secs - security inventory was nerfed really hard. No webbings, no big belts. And no webbings for engineers as well. Which is actually to hard.

You just force to either store your things in backpack or ditch situationaly useful pepper spray for additional zipties. While grenadiers just start to use cardoard boxes to store the same amount of flashbangs.

So how about returning security inventory space back but nerfing amount of flashbang availible? Remove them from vendors, so you could only ask warden for one. Make SOP rule which forbids issuing more than one grenade in one hands. Just forbid to keep grenades inside belts and webbings - its not safe or just cant fit inside.

Because that is not justice that all of security suffer because of some frag throwing happy guys.

I don't see why flashbangs are a problem. Currently a security officer has enough space to carry whatever they want using their backpack. I'd be for readding the webbings or giving officers armored chest carriers to make rolling without a backpack or satchel an option.

I've never had a problem with storage as security. There's enough room for all the basics and then a choice about extra flashbangs or cuffs or whatever.

Limited storage space means you have to go back to the brig to get yourself new cuffs or flashbangs or whatever, which is good. If you're going through that many supplies, you should be dragging someone back to the brig once in awhile. With a larger belt and webbing vest you can easily fill up on all your supplies and have most of a toolbox in your backpack and a bunch of medkits and a few spare fun things, it's too much by far.

Most of secs use disposable zipties they need to replenish constantly. Tasers and batons needs recharge as well. You need to return to brig often anyway. And other servers have no issues with officers of that kind anyway. They have storage space and they still return to base often.

And webbing is more a place for walkie-talkie, crowbar and other small utility rather than full toolbox. You can find toolbelt anyway.

So I still cant undertstand why security is so "hated" here. We are not even High-RP like bay where thats no a problem.

UPD. And well nerf would not stop people from being walking armouries anyway. They just steal boxes from cargo.

Edited by Guest

Carrying a massive amount of things on your person as an officer is already possible. You can have a medkit, a box filled with tools and a large amount of handcuffs and flashbangs in your backpack and belt. I don't think adding the option to carry two more small objects would be pushing the limit that far.

Someone suggested in the security armor thread an option to give security officer chest carriers that were a less armored version of the normal vest, but with two pockets, like a labcoat. I think that would be a balanced way to give officers more storage capacity. Thoughts?

Carrying a massive amount of things on your person as an officer is already possible. You can have a medkit, a box filled with tools and a large amount of handcuffs and flashbangs in your backpack and belt. I don't think adding the option to carry two more small objects would be pushing the limit that far.

Someone suggested in the security armor thread an option to give security officer chest carriers that were a less armored version of the normal vest, but with two pockets, like a labcoat. I think that would be a balanced way to give officers more storage capacity. Thoughts?

Why we need to punish storage space anyway? If tasers and batons needing recharge is not enough - remove handcuffs from vendors as well, so officers will be forced to use zipties all the time. Warden would just have a spare box in the armoury. And pepperspray just dont last for long anyway and flashes can burn out. Secs is already tied to brig like on any other server.

And for medical kits you need to visit cargo/medbay and bug them. Or loot the brigbay which is wrong. Thats infuriating sometimes when officers steal your scarce supply of medicine. Maybe change access on brig physician locker so officer could not unlock it and steal your stuff?

Honestly? I don't see the need for extra space. Carrying a full sec belt, extra cuffs, telebaton, hos gun, welder, cable and smokes - absolutely no issue. What else are you all carrying when you play security or hos?

Storage problem? boxes solve all.

Really, we do not need to return to the days of each officer carrying a couple of extra winsticks + a half dozen cuffs (which they can actually still do, they just have to use their bag space, which people hate using up for some reason).

The flashbang abuse is real and all but that's something we've always had and needs it's own solution, such as you know, only being used in actual crowd control situations per SOP or something.

So I still cant undertstand why security is so "hated" here. We are not even High-RP like bay where thats no a problem.

The "hate" is mostly just bad jokes played for laughs, the occasional legitimate shitler stands out a lot is all, don't take it too seriously :P

That said though a number of people (myself included) feel very strongly the way the games mechanics are currently implemented is somewhat biased in favour of the security department in certain situations, that's to do with stats n'stuff though not actual player conduct, pls remove instastun

I'm in favor of upping the amount of storage space get slightly- They can already carry all the gear they need, but they're limited in how much extra space they have for 'extra' items (RP things such as flasks and smokes, evidence, carrything supplies to people, etc).

Things like secmasks/SWATmasks fitting in internals boxes and a seclight for the hosgun that made the gear more efficient to carry whilst not actually upping the amount of space they have would work as well

pls remove instastun

only if it gets removed from antags as well :*^)

Honestly? I don't see the need for extra space. Carrying a full sec belt, extra cuffs, telebaton, hos gun, welder, cable and smokes - absolutely no issue. What else are you all carrying when you play security or hos?

2 flashes, pepper spray, baton, handcuffs, 2 zipties, 1 flashbang, taser, at least one flare, walkie talkie, crowbar and wirecutters for removing barricades/grilles, screwdriver, health analyzer, box of evidence bags, security gasmask, some food, some drink, NV HUD if I managed to get one from science. And there is also need in free space in case of big evidence found. So extra space for quick assess is always welcomed. And Most of the tools have value only when quick accessed without swaping hands.

Unnerf of at least belt is needed, so secs can at least comfortably carry more then one handcuffs while still having spare flash and spray. That tools need actual use in game after all. Because now most of officers just ditch flash and spray all together in favour of zipties. They just have no use so we can just remove them from code. Well, flashs should still stay as anti-borg or anti-shadowling thingy.

Edited by Guest

In my experience, Flashbangs aren't used nearly as often as other weaponry. Or even, grenades altogether. Science/Chemistry tend to do that and occasionally give us a couple, if any.

I will note that, with my Box and some of the base supplies from one Locker, I end up restricted to one spare slot in my backpack/satchel.

This is using a slot for my Helmet, Box, the Sec gasmask, putting my Taser away in favor of the baton, shuffling cuffs and flashes and internals around, and a crowbar. screw your power outages, i want to arrest stuff

Personally, i'm in favor of an extra slot somewhere (like the chest carrier), and/or shrinking the mask to fit in boxes (or adding more duffelbags to the Sec wardrobe lockers).

Personally, i'm in favor of an extra slot somewhere (like the chest carrier), and/or shrinking the mask to fit in boxes (or adding more duffelbags to the Sec wardrobe lockers).

I often use both duffelbags as brig phys. One for storing all the medicine just on the table. Second one for surgery tools and bloodpacks. Very convinient. If the things go hot and brig is lost, I can dissembly my sleeper, grab both bags and drag roller bed with me to safer place. Escape wing for example.

You're not meant to be a walking armory, by any stretch, at least not without a little inventory juggling or storage upgrades (bag of holding or dufflebag for instance), nor are you meant to be out in the field 24/7/365 without re-filling. They have more then enough inventory space for them to be able to do their job.

You can keep all these things on you, at once:

- armor

- gas mask (you can push it down if you don't want to look like shitcurity)

- taser (with seclite)

- sec belt (with baton+flash+flashbang+pepper-spray+handcuffs)

- two spare handcuffs (each pocket)

- emergency internals box (with only 2/5 slots used)

- energy gun/hos gun/etc.

- telebaton

- never used police tape

- evidence box (which has more than a few bags in it)

- two spare flashbangs

- Another seclite

- a flask

- pai card

That's a lot of equipment, including spare equipment and a couple of so-called RP-oriented items--not to mention you still have another 5 slots available in your emergency equipment box (albeit these can't just be accessed on the fly).

Sec has more than enough inventory space to do their jobs, day to day--and still have spare slots available for personal items.

Secs is not walking armoury anyway. Energy weapons prevents that hard. Taser is the "worst" with that. Several shots and you are empty. And police tape is used often actually.

So I can't understand why you penalized here for carrying more than one pair of handcuffs while other servers dont bother about that at all. Both High and Low RP ones. And while I saw servers without webbings nobody else made security belt look so miserable. 5 slots is just to smal capacity.

And by your logic only paramedic and brig phys should have medical belts. Nerfed hard. Because doctor is not a walking medbay. Medical belt filled with pill bottles can hold A LOT of medicine without problems. But nobody would do that "nerf" obviously, isnt it?

Your taser and a pair of handcuffs/ laser gun is really all you will ever need to subdue a criminal.

If it runs out, back out and flee or go hand to hand or use pepperspray/ flash/ flashbang/ stunbaton/ all the other instastun shit you have.

2 flashes, pepper spray, baton, handcuffs, 2 zipties, 1 flashbang, taser, at least one flare, walkie talkie, crowbar and wirecutters for removing barricades/grilles, screwdriver, health analyzer, box of evidence bags, security gasmask, some food, some drink, NV HUD if I managed to get one from science. And there is also need in free space in case of big evidence found. So extra space for quick assess is always welcomed. And Most of the tools have value only when quick accessed without swaping hands.

Unnerf of at least belt is needed, so secs can at least comfortably carry more then one handcuffs while still having spare flash and spray. That tools need actual use in game after all. Because now most of officers just ditch flash and spray all together in favour of zipties. They just have no use so we can just remove them from code. Well, flashs should still stay as anti-borg or anti-shadowling thingy.

I'mma nitpick your list a little bit here. There's a reason you can't pack all the gear you want.

Why two flashes? Unless you're specifically hunting rogue borg, the one flash tucked in your internals box you never use is fine.

Three restraint options? If you're cuffing someone, you're dragging them back to the brig. Grab another set of cuffs there. Warden should be rotating them anyway, if he's not, yell at him.

Health scanner? Why? Brig doc tool, you really don't need it as a sec officer. Right-click examine gives you enough info to decide what needs to be done.

Food and drink? Unless you're out patrolling the gateway, there's no reason to not stop someplace and grab a bite without wasting bag space.

Needing more space for evidence, here's your secret. Carry 5 sheets of metal. Create locker. Drag locker over evidence, close it. Smack with welder if you're really paranoid.

Health scanner can tell you the exact time of someone's death. Useful if you find the body and there is no detective. And even if there is one - its always useful to know of the poor guy could be revived or not.

Criminals also like to band together. So spare handcuffs always have use. At least you can buckle guys to chairs and request someone to help you with them. Its not always an option to withdrawn, ask for help and engage together.

And flashes just random things. One can last for whole shift or burn out after first use.

Health scanner can tell you the exact time of someone's death. Useful if you find the body and there is no detective. And even if there is one - its always useful to know of the poor guy could be revived or not.

Criminals also like to band together. So spare handcuffs always have use. At least you can buckle guys to chairs and request someone to help you with them. Its not always an option to withdrawn, ask for help and engage together.

And flashes just random things. One can last for whole shift or burn out after first use.

You're facing a thought process I used to deal with in the Army ALL THE TIME. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally not going after YOU, but I've fought this demon and won! I shall do it again!

Let's take the health scanner, cuz it's a perfect example. You note the reason for carrying a health scanner is time of death. As a basic sec officer, how does knowing the time of death, at that moment, modify your actions?

You're still going to bring the body to medbay. Medbay has people who carry health scanners as a vital part of their job. They can give you the same information without wasting a bag slot. Worst comes to worst, you can grab a scanner in medbay, check, then just leave it there. Finding out ToD on site vs. finding out ToD 2 minutes later in medbay will be an issue in only the rarest of circumstances.

In the military, we'd have people who loaded themselves down with 50+ pounds of extra gear "just in case". "I gotta bring these batteries for my personal GPS. What would we do if the truck dies, the vehicle mounted GPS drains the truck battery, it's own backup battery fails, and the batteries I have loaded in my personal GPS are dead!"

Same thought process for sec gear. You can't carry it all at all times, so you need to decide: what is absolutely essential, what are things I'll most likely need, what are things I'll maybe need, and what are things I only need in specific instances.

You really want to feel backpack hell, come play engineering during a busy engy round. Engys face the problem of not even being able to carry everything on the "must have" and "most likely" list as is, so you quickly learn to prioritize.

If someone died just resently - there is a chance that murderer is still somewhere nearby. Or still havenot used looted access. Which would allow to warn the rest of secs and catch the bugger while its still hot.

And while I carry a set of equipment bigger than usuall - its most of the time helps a lot than not. I played security alot and know what I need. However I should ditch that damn grenade. I dont need it anyway.

And unnerfing at least belt would be enought. Just for zipties. Webbings are useful but I still can live without them. But maybe just allow to order them like on bay? A crate with a set of random webbings.

2 flashes, pepper spray, baton, handcuffs, 2 zipties, 1 flashbang, taser, at least one flare, walkie talkie, crowbar and wirecutters for removing barricades/grilles, screwdriver, health analyzer, box of evidence bags, security gasmask, some food, some drink, NV HUD if I managed to get one from science. And there is also need in free space in case of big evidence found.

That's really an excessive amount of equipment. Limiting the choices available means you have to choose what's most important for you to have here. Some people are going to prioritize engineering type stuff like crowbars and wirecutters. Some are going to go for more medical related items. Others will load themselves up with donuts (which the sec belt can hold, btw). From your choice, it seems you're trying to fill in for engineering and the detective, while also having backup zipties, flashes, and food and drink. What's most important to you, and what would your character find most important?

This ends up being a fairly meaningful choice, which can express your playstyle and the personality of your character. Someone who is trying to save lives would most likely take medical supplies. Officer McHarmBaton might take an extra baton and flashbangs. Officer McShit might take mainly donuts and 3 flasks of whiskey.

The other issue is that the more officers can carry, the more they do carry, which means the brig/station supplies get depleted faster, and the changeling who ends up killing them gets more of a loot pinata to select from.

In the end, I find the current amount they can carry is more than enough to do their job with, and select a little bit extra for their chosen specialty.

pro tip about dead people

it's a skeleton : died 45+ minutes ago, riperonni

it's black and disgusting and the skin is falling off and it's really disgusting : died 30 minutes ago

it's bloated and smells like a vox : 15 20 minutes ago I forget but it's around that

it kinda smells : died 10 minutes

it's just dead, doesn't even smell : died less than 10 minutes ago, you could probably defib it so hurry

bonus: blood dries in like 5 minutes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use