Cult Magic Guide Update

Keroman

While I was tweaking the Cultist page the other day I noticed that the Cult Magic guide was kind of boring and not so well written. I've gone through and updated quite a bit using my temporary username page as a stand-in for now before I actually make any changes to the guide as it shows up on the wiki. I'd like to get some critiques about it so feel free to post here about any changes you might make.

Here's what I've got so far. I haven't made it past the section about the Mask yet but everything up to that section was rewritten or reformated by me. All images and .gifs were uploaded by me as well: http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/User:Keroman

Here's the old guide for comparison: http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Cult_Magic

Have at it.

I mention the fact that runes and talismans cause brute damage like 3 times.

Also there's a lot of information in this guide that's also in the Cultist page which, honestly, needs to just be in one place or another and not both.

Okay, updated it again and I think I'm more or less done with it. All the rune descriptions have been reworked with a focus more on game-mechanics: http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/User:Keroman

I'd like to hear what you guys think of the layout. I feel like the upper part of the page is kind of cluttered with images and gifs while the lower part of the page is very sparse with the visuals but I'm not really sure how I can balance it out.

Alright I pushed the update to the Cult Magic page here: http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Cult_Magic

Got some last-minute edits in with suggestions from a few folks. If anyone's got a major problem with the new page we can always revert it. There's a cult-related PR in the works that will change a few things but I honestly don't think it'll be too difficult to update the page again when that happens.

Wow, great work. Be on the lookout for the upcoming changes to cult, though - most of the information will stay the same, but there's gonna be new runes and no mask.

Wow, great work. Be on the lookout for the upcoming changes to cult, though - most of the information will stay the same, but there's gonna be new runes and no mask.

Thank god. I've never once seen a mask be useful and of all the times I've been outed as a cultist it's almost always the dumb idiot overloading lights around me and spawning talismans at my feet.

Tome communication would be nice, /tg/ removed the commune rune and just made it a feature of the tome, holding it in your hand and chanting for a few seconds lets you send messages across the cult, so it's not like you can sit in the bar and stealthily chat like you're a changeling. A lot of cults lately that I've seen have lately are not working together what so ever, to a point that very few, if anyone is sharing words and people are getting caught for attacking non-cultist at a point when they can't even make a convert rune.

A lot of cults lately that I've seen have lately are not working together what so ever, to a point that very few, if anyone is sharing words and people are getting caught for attacking non-cultist at a point when they can't even make a convert rune.

My guess it's because they're new. Or just don't know how to share words. You just need to get OOC on them for a second and be tutorial guy. Explain to them HOW to do the stuff (like how to share words or imbue talismans) and leave the rest to them to figure out.

Frankly if I've made every attempt I can and used my first talisman charge to commune with the cult to give them my identity and word, and I get absolutely nothing in return I just give up. The mask in the last round I played did absolutely nothing to help our cause either. Didn't share words, shattered lights every chance they had, making it stupidly obvious who was a cultist when everywhere they walked happened to be dark while places like medical were pristine. I ended up getting caught because while working with a borg to fix a power problem the mask dropped a talisman. Despite my repeated warnings NOT to spawn anything near me.

The amount of players who refuse to cooperate or take advice from other players is just obscene.

there's a difference from an inexperienced player and a grifer. we have have admins for a reason.

And about the cult not working and sharing words. man up and deal with it. I had round like the one you wrote down and I do agree it's quite annoying. the solution I found is to work alone. research words by yourself. It's hard at the start but as you subdue and convert people by yourself they tend to listen to the person who converted them rather than cult communist. So at the end of the day (shift) you're busy with creating talismans and bossing about your acolytes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use