Resomi (Again...?)

fludd12

That's the idea, yeah. Think of it like an image with the contrast turned to a ton - the person's going to show up as a pure white person-shaped splotch, and the rest is black.

I'd take this over the Drask anyday, even if they had NO buffs whatsoever to compensate their welder overlay and reduced health. The suggestions are both just as old if I recall correctly and if it turns out this one hadn't come before. The interest exists-- I mean, isn't this the third or fourth revival of the suggestion?

Been saving a hundred karma for this, not no squids, haha.

I wonder if it was just action that got it approval. If that's what needs to be done then by playing the post game we've been doing it wrong

Disappointing, but it makes sense.

Personally can never have enough races...but with drask this would probaly need to wait a good bit for the dust to settle down on that.

Its a small thing to ask, and we are never short on time. Though someone might punt me off thats higher then me...but >.>

Personally can never have enough races...but with drask this would probaly need to wait a good bit for the dust to settle down on that.

Its a small thing to ask, and we are never short on time. Though someone might punt me off thats higher then me...but >.>

Just no.

We already have enough races as is, especially with the Drask tentatively getting added.

I'm looking at the results of my survey right now, and while I want to avoid sharing information about the results until it's finished, I thought it would be relevant here. Right now, humans and one of other race [spoiler2]lol I ain't telling that yet[/spoiler2] dominate the scene, while most of the other races only a handful of people play. While some of that can be attributed to karma costs, I think that it might also stem from a lack of motivation to play other races. Before we get to adding more races, I think we ought to flesh out what we already have.

Before we get to adding more races, I think we ought to flesh out what we already have.

Been reposted so much it's not even funny

Just hasn't worked out so far

There's no problem with the races that would keep me from playing them bar personal preference alone, but that's a personal opinion of which I'm not sure how many other people share

Come on man, we have no place or need for more races.

Theres so much diversity that even more of it is going to create the opposite of it: chaos.

Come on man, we have no place or need for more races.

Theres so much diversity that even more of it is going to create the opposite of it: chaos.

Okay, so, I'm NOT that much a fan of the Resomi. Their buffs, debuffs, and size seem a poor fit for a server that isn't HRP. Additionally their lore makes them hideously awful, obnoxious creatures that even the Vox pale before.

Buuut... Chaos because of diversity? That's a little silly. At worst, it creates a few issues for medical, what with treatment options and what-not, but eh! Seems more a challenge than anything.

Just no.

We already have enough races as is, especially with the Drask tentatively getting added.

I don't think racial variety is really ever a bad thing, especially considering that we always have a few races with far larger than average distribution. Mass effect for example had a dozen or more races on the citadel, with no issues.

However, if I had to choose I'd rather have newer races with more interesting mechanics than humans in costumes, so we could trim the list we already had.

Vulpakin would obviously be the first to go, just being a clone of the much earlier established Taj.

I'm kidding, but if vulp and skrell stay available races, there's always going to be room for more interesting ones. I personally don't see the value in species with near human abilities, and would also want all darkvision actually changed to be limited range night vision.

As far as Resomi though, I think the people who play them will be annoying, and their hallucinating after being alone is dumb. But I like the idea of a hearing based species with worse vision who is also exceedingly fragile. 50 points of damage to crit is nothing.

Mass effect for example had a dozen or more races on the citadel, with no issues.

inb4 2D spessmens is not Mass Effect

I love the diversity of races in Mass Effect. They all seem positively alien. Sure there are a few anthropomorphic ones, but there are plenty that aren't. Even the anthro races seem unique in one way or another, with Asari being super psionic and Krogan being walking tanks.

The only race I can think of off the top of my head that plays differently from humans is IPC. They heal differently, require nutrition differently, are adversely affected by different things. Slimes and diona come in a close second, for me, with their regeneration and other abilities. Vox come in third because they do have some different features, but also add a lot in terms of RP and general weirdness. The other races are all sidegrades or minor upgrades of human, and few people RP them to the degree Vox are RPd, so they're not that interesting.

I, uh, can't really tell if this thread is still about Resomi, but @Pseudo_Unicorn, did you read the original post, or simply go by Bay's stats?

I like this species so much it motivated me enough to actually post on the forums.

+1 for cute birdy

Will wait an eternity to play as this.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this will literally end in Vox + Resomi cliques.

Is cousin, yaya.

We do need to replace it with a race though, with the amount of species we have it's not even funny anymore.

And hell no, don't replace Vox.

+Add

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use