CHESS

nickcrazy

I don't think it's big enough for this, but it would be neat as hell to make it a holodeck room. My school has this giant outdoor chess set where the pieces are about a meter tall - I've never played it, but it looks like fun. You have to move pieces with two hands and walk across the board. Then, when you capture someone's piece, you can kick or punch it down or something cool like that.

I don't think it's big enough for this, but it would be neat as hell to make it a holodeck room. My school has this giant outdoor chess set where the pieces are about a meter tall - I've never played it, but it looks like fun. You have to move pieces with two hands and walk across the board. Then, when you capture someone's piece, you can kick or punch it down or something cool like that.

Definitely a possibility if we decide to implement VR like Goon has. We've talked about it a couple times internally, and one of the things we agreed upon is that if we implement VR, it would likely be used as a complete replacement of the holodeck, with the current holodeck area being converted into an arcade / VR connection point.

Adding checkers would definitely be simpler than adding chess, due to generally simpler rules, but both are possible. I wouldn't mind seeing them added myself, though I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it.

So apparently Goon has some form of chess in their code, able to play checkers as well.

Now I'm not sure how open Goon is with their code but would anyone be able to get that feature?

Goons build was leaked this year. Maybe someone could rip chess code out of it. But thats a BIG work. Just for small feature.

BestRP and Unbound actually had holographic tables in the bar and library, which connected to some chess site, which in turn allowed you to play chess. Unbound's Git repo is still up, and looking at it, they also had sudoku, flappy bird, mahjong and solitaire implemented besides chess. If I find time, I may port the tables.

BestRP and Unbound actually had holographic tables in the bar and library, which connected to some chess site, which in turn allowed you to play chess. Unbound's Git repo is still up, and looking at it, they also had sudoku, flappy bird, mahjong and solitaire implemented besides chess. If I find time, I may port the tables.

It required Adobe Flash, though.

I'd prefer something that didn't.

Alright, the PR has been merged, we just wait for patch now. The board is buildable, but it has not been mapped in at roundstart, as there are multiple locations it can go in. This thread can be closed now.

Actually, let's review the locations here. Possible locations include:

•  

Permabrig

Just right of Bar doors

Library

Maybe a defunct one in the old bar?

(Prolly would be too many of them on roundstart in this case)

Suggest any other locations, and I'll check back in some time to see where it can be mapped in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use