The ultimate Kidan Overhaul - Making those bugs actually fun

Travelling Merchant

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested in coding this?

I imagine you could make it like a verb version of the advanced trauma kit. They can treat a single wound per body part, healing 12 brute and stopping bleeding.

It also would mean a kidan could do ghetto surgery and heal things like internal organ damage with their magic goo.

Maybe 20% brute resist, can use healing goop equivalent to an advanced trauma kit, and they spawn with an eye implant appropiate for their job?

Can't code something until something has been decided.

That is not entirely true. You can code what is here right now, or what you believe to be best of the listed, and then have all the other coders berate you for your choices until they are either fixed or the PR is shot stabbed closed.

Anyone interested in coding this?

I imagine you could make it like a verb version of the advanced trauma kit. They can treat a single wound per body part, healing 12 brute and stopping bleeding.

It also would mean a kidan could do ghetto surgery and heal things like internal organ damage with their magic goo.

Maybe 20% brute resist, can use healing goop equivalent to an advanced trauma kit, and they spawn with an eye implant appropiate for their job?

I like this idea. Sounds pretty balanced.

Anyone know where to current bleeding effect on kidan is int he code? I wanted to look at it but couldn't find shit on github. Another user said it works by making cuts not heal which means Kidan just keep bleeding while humans slow bleeding over time.

Also, I had trouble finding what I thought Kidan had as higher movement speed when they are warm. White it is neat, you are never really at a higher temperature and the station isn't going allow you to be atmos and turn up the entire stations temperature just so you can run faster. Im not saying it shoul dbe removed, if it is there like I thought, but it is a consideration in balancing traits, its largely useless and unnecessary. That is unless you want to run around with persistent infections.

Anyone know where to current bleeding effect on kidan is int he code? I wanted to look at it but couldn't find shit on github. Another user said it works by making cuts not heal which means Kidan just keep bleeding while humans slow bleeding over time.

Also, I had trouble finding what I thought Kidan had as higher movement speed when they are warm. White it is neat, you are never really at a higher temperature and the station isn't going allow you to be atmos and turn up the entire stations temperature just so you can run faster. Im not saying it shoul dbe removed, if it is there like I thought, but it is a consideration in balancing traits, its largely useless and unnecessary. That is unless you want to run around with persistent infections.

Honestly I don't think the code exists at all, the same way greys don't actually take damage from water/immune to sulfuric acid.

There are very few kidan players and unless they test side by side with a human, I don't think there is a difference when it comes to bleeding. Of course, I think you can use a cigarette to cauterize bleeding anyway.

Honestly I don't think the code exists at all, the same way greys don't actually take damage from water/immune to sulfuric acid.

There are very few kidan players and unless they test side by side with a human, I don't think there is a difference when it comes to bleeding. Of course, I think you can use a cigarette to cauterize bleeding anyway.

I play Kidan a lot. I always feel like I bleed out a lot more than when I play human, but it could be just my mind tricking me.

Either way, I never feel like Kidans armour is enough.

I play Kidan a lot. I always feel like I bleed out a lot more than when I play human, but it could be just my mind tricking me.

Either way, I never feel like Kidans armour is enough.

20% honestly isn't much. If you were getting toolboxed to death you'd only take two more hits before being in crit (12 instead of 10) at which point you can't fight back anyway.

You probably bleed out more because you're more willing to take brute damage. A sec vest and most other types of armor give 50% resist, so a sec officer has more than twice as much protection.

I haven't tested it but I suspect that the brute resist kidan have is multiplicative. So 50% brute resist armor becomes 60%, though a riot suit would provide 84% brute resist, pretty much no difference

If we increased kidan brute resist to 40%, they'd get only 70% brute resist in normal armor (from 50%) and 88% in riot armor instead of 80%. This would still be a significant tradeoff with no eyewear.

If it is additive, then kidan are already immune to brute damage in a riot suit, and that would be dumb.

Maybe it doesnt exist, I always feel like im bleeding out as a kidan though, constantly having to give myself transfusions because doctors don't even consider the fact that I might be low on blood and woosey with bad vision and possible blackouts. As a human I almost never worried about having enough blood even after recovering from near death with surgeries to repair multiple broken bones and damaged organs. On my Kidan I feel like every major injury or surgery puts me dangerously low on blood, it sure doesnt make me feel any more robust if im going to die on the way to medbay even if I win a melee fight.

But maybe its all in my head. Kidan last I knew also ran faster from being hot but never found that in the code either, granted I have no idea how the movement code actually works and I havent tested movement in a long while. (im just annoyed that removing or losing my shoes makes me slow as molasses for no reason)

I think they need a higher chance to be traitors....

because they're ANTagonists.

please don't kill me

Don't make me BUG you.

I think they need a higher chance to be traitors....

because they're ANTagonists.

please don't kill me

Don't make me BUG you.

I would give a permanANT ban for this pun.

Using the same pun twice?

You're such a buzzkill.

Would even go as far as to say people that make ant puns are true pests.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use