no

NTSAM

A pug with a name like Winston or Ferdinand. +1

I like that. A pug on the station would be nice.

Give him an actual MULE called Packer +1

Ooooooooh, that sounds even better, but the poor pug...

Silly---QM has a pet--multiple on a lot of shifts, even.

They're called "cargo techs".

Harriet Ablian says " Time for feeding, boys! "

Harriet Ablian pats Grey Tidington on the head!

I still always thought the QM as a lesser head, again because of the group I used to play SS13 with. I'd like him to have a pet, I mean he's technically sub-head of Cargo and Mining. Has his own office even. He could get some love

QM and Warden are kinda in the same boat. They run their own mini-department, have a shocking amount of crap to do and work to oversee, yet everyone brushes them off when they make a valid complaint against other members of the crew.

IIRC QM used to get a pet Lizard, though a monkey or farwa wouldn't be a miss. Could give the Warden his own little pug too.

Just please, no

You're all watering down the "pet" thing, it should be a heads only thing (+ pun pun) so that it keeps its charm.

Fine, whatever, no fun allowed, whaatever.

Nevermind I guess. Since something as harmless as a fucking pet isn't allowed I don't think I'll suggest any more fun things since it's just gonna get shot down for some fucking idiotic reason.

So basically, I'm not allowed to say my opinion because the second you face any opposition you quit and throw a tantrum?

You're all watering down the "pet" thing, it should be a heads only thing (+ pun pun) so that it keeps its charm.

Plus E-N for robotics.

Plus the chefs goat.

Plus Diona Nymphs (though since they're useful they may not qualify).

Plus whoever wants Lisa from cargo.

Nevermind I guess. Since something as harmless as a fucking pet isn't allowed I don't think I'll suggest any more fun things since it's just gonna get shot down for some fucking idiotic reason.

Jesus. People have proposed these things for years now, and the response is basically always the same; the pets are a novelty item for heads of staff. Giving every role a pet makes it just another thing, instead of the amusing novelty that it is/should be.

Suggestion: Dont get all mad over being rejected when many people have proposed these, and it almost always loses any momentum/discussion, or is outright rejected for the reason listed above. Honestly, we don't need too many pets, because that gives more chances for dicks to play as Ian or other pets and be dicks.

And when you yourself said, in that first link:

All pets are annoying and useless.

Just fucking remove pets since they really are just useless. I don't see why we give the bartender (A job that does fuck all) a fucking monkey (which is more than a simple animal but is actually a subtype of human iirc) and we can't give the fucking QM (An actual crewmember that does actualy work, the guy in charge of mining and the delivery of crates of varying importance) a lizard or something ignorable.

All people do is fucking kill them anyway.

Jesus. People have proposed these things for years now, and the response is basically always the same; the pets are a novelty item for heads of staff.

... Well, yeah, but... They're....

Plus E-N for robotics.

Plus the chefs goat.

Plus Diona Nymphs (though since they're useful they may not qualify).

Plus whoever wants Lisa from cargo.

... Still really.... Not.

And yeah, I agree that NTSAM is REALLY not handling this situation properly, but a lot of people agree with the QM getting a pet.

If we're going off DEPARTMENTS, cargo has nothing while science has about 2, command has 2, etc.

Think of them as department mascots; I feel like cargonia deserves one.

I feel that if the QM does get a pet it would have to be a small flying one that can't block your movements or move crates because I've had animals in Cargo before and its really annoying with them moving crates and blocking you all the time. And don't for the love of god let them in the mail room you will never get that package delivered. p.s they all died by a mysterious masked gentleman with a crowbar.

All people do is fucking kill them anyway.

Chill dude, if you keep making a ruckus like this people will start to reject your posts simply because they want to see you rage. also don't change the thread name because people wants to talk about stuff like this, who knows the idea may grow on people.

I don't think the warden's office has enough room for a pet. It's pretty tight in there.

The warden doesn't run his own mini-department.

Now if he was stationed in the work camps ( that dusty old thing) and maintained it on his own then sure.

I vote on giving the QM a pet hamster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use