Make the whiteship fly anywhere

isaac

The whiteship feels a bit underwhelming only being able to fly to 3 location (2 of which are in the middle of nowhere). Add in the ability for it to fly to all Z levels (except cc) and to allow it to dock with the station where the ert/ferry docks since the back end of the ship is the same shape and size as is needed to dock in those ports

Honestly I'd rather just add two doors to the north part of the whiteship and let it board the dock to the south where the special admin shuttle that never gets used can dock.

Honestly I'd rather just add two doors to the north part of the whiteship and let it board the dock to the south where the special admin shuttle that never gets used can dock.

Huh actually that would be better if you add the doors to the tail of the ship. Problem is it would look fugly but less issues of the whitehship docking and destroying the ferry (or destroying the universe)

Weird. From the title I thought you meant like space pods which would be a nightmare for everything ever but would be awesome if you could crash it into the station (I can only dream)

Yeah I think the whiteship should dock at the station or at least have the option to. It's supposedly a medical ship so you'd think any deads or dying shouldn't have to be mass drived out to get healed. Hilarious yeah, but still no

I -tried- to line up all of arrivals so that the ships all dock at the same point....

Which was why cargo used to be stupidly, stupidly huge.

Two ships shouldn't share one dock, which is why it doesn't current dock where the admin shuttle does. That, and, arrivals is a pain in the ass to modify with the shitty mapping tools.

Hmmm what if i was to modify the map and add in a new docking port and a new docking port object for it

you'd have to find a good spot to add such a dock. perhaps it could be a damaged dock that you'd need to repair first.

This could be a reasonable compromise, perhaps taking over the northern airlock above escape?

I could also definitely see tying the white ship back to the Derelict with a wrecked (but able to be selected) docking point there. Perhaps it was all that escaped the nuclear explosion there, but was busted up in the process?

White ship cannot dock above the escape, as useless the pod bay is, it still has a use. Also it would block the chapels mass driver. Since the ship has to be facing west like it is (byond engine) adding more airlocks would make is less secure and since it is a medical ship, it cannot have multiple ways for deadly viruses to get in. In my head i have a perfect place for it, but right now im at work and cannot show it on the editor, ill get home in 10 or so hours and can visual edit to the map to show where it would be perfect without getting in the way. Stay tuned for updates and pictures soon. After thinking for a bit, i could fit it above escape, but it would be a pain to fit cause its huge. Will later post pictures.

Since the ship has to be facing west like it is (byond engine)

Not actually true. /tg/code has a few instances where a shuttle or ship can change orientation upon launching, keeping everyone in their respective places too. How they do it is beyond me, but Asteroid Station escape shuttle for example docks facing east, yet upon launch the shuttle pivots to face so it docks at centcomm like normal.

So here as i promised, my first draft where the docking bay should be. I did test other options, but they ended up failing or blocking off half the map since ITS EFFIN HUGE!

So Here is a 50% zoom:

511a85e17b0bb0d3ea824d9c9882d601.png

As ye can see, i expanded the Elite Syndi shuttle arrival airlock, to match the doors for the syndi shuttle and Medical one.

100% zoom:

35ed89bcffbc08d655da25fe324591d9.png

Using glass and just normal airlocks, i was able to make a room that has oxygen connecting Medical ships door and Syndi shuttles Blast door.

Ingame Snap:

abaf99d5e99a7d5f47d52006b6321e88.png

White shuttle isnt here, but ye get the general picture what im have in my head. Did bring the Syndi shuttle from Z2 to show how it fits with the scheme.

Here is another option i tired, but i ended up failing hard. One because the shuttle would cut off half the map. It was right in edge of the map and walking against the glass would bring ye to a new Z level.

5ed856585698f2814814193ce3dd53fc.png

This is just a draft what i have in my head. This is nowhere near Merge ready or ever will be! I suck with the editor and can do basic stuff right now, but im learning. Still, just wanted to show how the Medical ship could dock with the station.

Davidchan said something about rotating the ship. Yes, it might be possible, but to keep coders mental health intact, lets just stick to the original for now.

For people who said it near the Escape, few snaps.

c1e58fc384fb61a685ee498027e8a438.png

Here is one of the better spots. Yes, it has enough room and would be logical. Make an airlock/pressurized long airlock to the back door, but nah, too much running and work.

Above the Escape:

dab109965c6471e800098715a6a69ddd.png

So i made 2 here just to show a bit more options. The one above bar could work... if you take down half of the solars, maybe have a airlock in the bar that leads to the back airlock of the medical ship.

People did say adding more door or moving the main door on the medical ship, but its seems... meh... Maybe moving the door to the side and leaving the back "capsule" part as cargo bay could work, but adding more doors would make the ship less... secure. This is just me brain storming. Feel free to add yer own opinion. As i am in love with the idea that ye can repair a ship to its full glory and even more, then this topic is close to my heart.

Thanks for any feedback. :)

One more for the lolz.

But Tripod, there is another airlock near the AI Sat. you never though of it! Ye fail in life! Get robusted, Grey!...

No no... Here

ee15d360144a8cfb0bd3e0befffdd79e.png

Yeah, lets just cut the AI. Sat in half and we can do it!

Actaully i had modified the map but couldnt get the docking ports to work right. I added a couple ports to Z6, Z5, and a docking port at arrivals. I was trying to copy pasta the port from Z4 and modify their settings but it wouldnt work right. dfa061762f.jpg

So here is the physical docking port i made

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use